iOS Apple denying warranty for ipad pro smart keyboard

Yeah, my mac setup involved using it a lot different than how most casual users use it. About 2000 (Type1, TTF and OTF) fonts installed and several tools. It mimics a setup that professionals in the publishing industry (both freelancers and enterprise users) would use. On top of that, we have development tools. For 3-4 years, I have used the same iMac with Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard and Windows 7 (boot camp) installed and saw the differences on the same machine. My Mac used to take 5-6 min to boot into either Mac OS and about 2-3 min to boot into windows. Mac OS is only good as long as you use it casually. When you start to get serious, it won't hold up at all to windows. Most of the instability was caused just by installing fonts. Everything worked far better on Windows running on the same system. There was a time when Mac OS was better than Windows, but not today. The last decent Mac OS that I used is Panther. Everything else after that is junk.

Most of the issues on Windows systems come from its wide compatibility and people running it on cheap hardware. Cheap PSU's in particular are a big reason for stability issues. I have never had any issues with windows in 9 years of Win XP and 9 Years of Win 7. The only times I had issue was hardware failures.

Incidentally, this affects Mac OS too. Which is why Mac Books seem to be more stable than iMac's with their crappy single PCB SMPS. The most stable I have seen Mac OS running is as a Hackintosh on my custom rig with high end hardware. However, the OS itself is a problem or rather how Apple maintains it or the lack of it right now. They never bother about maintaining compatibility. They have often broken API even in minor releases which is the reason for such issues. There is also a stark contrast in how MS and Apple deal with issues. Microsoft is obliged to give us a fix or workaround for every issue we report in a matter of days and they do that too.Apple sits on them. Its all at their whims and wishes. So, you cannot rely on them at all and have to build your own hack or workaround for the issue.

Snow Leopard was the last straw for many professionals in publishing. It broke Type 1 font compatibility at the API level big time and refused to fix it. Workflows that Pro's were using for years broke. Adobe wanted them to spend massive amounts in licensing fees to re-buy the same fonts in alternative formats. Companies instead ditched Mac OS and moved to Windows. Apple partially fixed some of the issues later. But a lot of people still moved away.[DOUBLEPOST=1538197070][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just want my keyboard or money back, thats it

Not much you can do about it. Your friend is at their mercy.

Last edited:
Another update. Apple called and asked me to buy another new keyboard and then they'll refund me the money. I said this is not how warranty works and will not be doing it again. The lady agreed that this is not normal and will get back to me in 3 days ie monday.

Yeah, don't do that. That refund will likely not come. Its just their way of making you buy another product. They will keep dragging the refund till you get tired and leave the matter. I heard similar shit being pulled by Apple India before.

Even if you go to consumer court, You won't be able to link a new purchase to the refund on old product. Your purchase will be treated as completely separate transaction from your claim over existing product. Just stick to getting the item replaced.

Another update. Apple called and asked me to buy another new keyboard and then they'll refund me the money. I said this is not how warranty works and will not be doing it again. The lady agreed that this is not normal and will get back to me in 3 days ie monday.
Escalate, especially to Apple US. Saw a similar thing. Also get their email, and keep following up daily. Ask for written replies then they can call you if they like. They wont pull this buy a new one then we will refund shit in writing.

Bullshit. Whats the logic behind buying same item once again and then they will refund? Daylight robbery. Ask them in writing and a guarantee and then think about the repurchase.
Better escalate to consume court.

Even if we do assume they will refund, don't forget that on top of the cost, there will be GST to pay on a new purchase which will in no pay be refundable.

Thing is my friend already did this once. His pencil went bad last november end and it took till mid feb for them to get a new replacement. His work couldn't wait so he bought a new one in meantime. So I don't want to pull this shit once again.

Bullshit. Whats the logic behind buying same item once again and then they will refund? Daylight robbery. Ask them in writing and a guarantee and then think about the repurchase.
Better escalate to consume court.
honestly no time because comic con is right around the corner and my friend is busy. But rest assured I will file a consumer court case if they don't replace the keyboard. ****ing ridiculous level of service this even after charging close to 50% more than american customers. I'm recording every call with their service center and backing it up.

Developer vs User. The experience of a developer may vary completely completely compared to a user who is simply using applications.

Professional developer here. I work on iOS Apps as part of my profession. Have always been a power user even when I was not an active developer.

Thing is my friend already did this once. His pencil went bad last november end and it took till mid feb for them to get a new replacement. His work couldn't wait so he bought a new one in meantime. So I don't want to pull this shit once again.
And he did he get the promised refund for the pencil ?

And he did he get the promised refund for the pencil ?
no, he wasn't promised a refund. my friend had to buy it since work was demanding. He's thinking now he'll have to do the same and then I'll have to spend another 1~2 months getting the refund from apple.

These apple faggots have stopped responding to calls. every time I call they give the standard reply, we'll get back to you in 48hours. I have few commitments till sunday, after that Im planning to sue them in consumer court

Kinda. they're just giving me the usual answer ie we'll get back to you in 48hours. Will tweet them after this sunday and if I don't get satisfactory answer, Im gonna make my dad send a legal notice. (since he recently got his LLB certificate)

That's why I stay away from this Apple stuff.

A few years back my cousin brought newly launched iphone 5, after a few months the screen used to get stuck. Firstly they made us wait in the que at the Andheri west service center for almost 2 hours. Then accepted the unit for repairs. and after a months time the same unit was re-formatted and returned by them. My cousin started using it and within a weeks time the screen again started to get stuck. Again they did the same thing and returned after a month. Than the same problem again within a week.

They flatly refused to replace the unit and instead said that there is something wrong in the data stored by my cousin in apple cloud. Every time I accompanied him to the service center and we were made to sit an hour +. It was a pathetic experience for me and then we decided to stop using apple products completely.

Can you imaging the apathy of a person spending 60k+ and being made to suffer for no mistake of his.

One more case of fraud when trying to avail service from Apple. They told the customer that she must have dropped her laptop in the bath tub when its really one of the IC's that blew while under warranty and for the second time.

Last edited:
These apple faggots have stopped responding to calls. every time I call they give the standard reply, we'll get back to you in 48hours. I have few commitments till sunday, after that Im planning to sue them in consumer court

Just imagine what would have happened if your friend had taken their suggestion of buying a new keyboard in hopes that they would reimburse it back. Its just a trap and they have pulled this sort of shit many times in the past.

Several years back, they tried to convince a friend who got a Mac Mini that he has to buy an Apple keyboard and mouse costing about 8K and that other keyboard mouse won't work. Its amazing how often Apple gets away with behaviors that people wouldn't tolerate from any other company.

Apple has been disappointing me ever since Steve Jobs died. Regardless of the fact that they had quit few victories after his dead, the real innovation and new ideas of apple as a company had died with Steve. They have become too much market dependent and now it feels like they only concentrate on money generation and completely forgot the aspect of innovation in their activity.

btw I've sent a legal notice saying that I'll have to sue them in consumer court within one month If I do not get a satisfactory response. They called again and assured me the problem will get solved :|

Back