iOS Apple denying warranty for ipad pro smart keyboard

Apple has been disappointing me ever since Steve Jobs died. Regardless of the fact that they had quit few victories after his dead, the real innovation and new ideas of apple as a company had died with Steve. They have become too much market dependent and now it feels like they only concentrate on money generation and completely forgot the aspect of innovation in their activity.

They have always concentrated obsessively on money making only even under Steve Jobs and the same philosophy is being continued. The only difference in absence of Steve Jobs is there aren't as many people who don't see the them for what they are. That reality distortion field that he built around himself and the company no longer exists or at least not to the same degree.

Just take a look at Louis Rossman repair videos on youtube and you will know how much fraud they are committing when it comes to after sales service. Day after day, he gets people to his place who were told by Apple support that their product would take $1200-1500 to repair and try to sell them a new product even when in realty, its just a lose cable that would require no extra changes other than the basic costs. Not only that, they are trying to shutdown all third party repair centers so that people don't have a option to get repairs outside. Even after the TV expose on Apple's after sales practices, they tried to get back at Louis by having his supplies of repair spares confiscated by customs. They also sued him under copy right infringement laws after he posted Mac Book component Schematics online.

Apple does not sell you products. You pay money to have them get ownership over you for the lifetime of that product. They want to be in control over you and your use of their product. They went though a big law suit just to try and get the ability to sue people who tried to jail break the iPhone that they purchased..

Also, when has Apple ever innovated in technology in the last 20 years? Their innovation is all in the marketing dept. Not products or tech. They never made their own tech. Just bought out companies that already has the tech or gave fancy marketing terms to stuff they procured from another vendor. For example, what is "Retina display"? Just a marketing buzz word for high resolution LCD's procured from either LG or Sharp. There is no special tech involved. Retina display is a marketing innovation, not technology. Their annual R&D spend was less than 1.5% of total for a long period of time. Even now, its barely 5% compared to say Samsung which is close to 14-15%. Even the product ideas are not their own. They borrow/steal ideas heavily from markets like china where they existed for a long time without being tied to patents and try to get patents in US to ensure that nobody else can use them.

Steve Jobs was not a big believer in furthering technology unless he can product'ify and monopolize it completely and even then, he would rather let some other company spend the money and do the hard work for the initial R&D and just concentrate on getting the patents to cover its usage. When Samsung started showcasing working bendable OLED displays, within a couple of months, Apple, started filing for patents around bendable displays. That is how they work.

My 3.5mm earpods stopped working due to wear and tear within 1 yr.They denied my warranty for 3.5mm apple earpods saying there is no physical wear tear warranty i want to know from them how else will anything make earpods not work if its not physical

^ thats ****ing bullshit

btw they called me one day after they got the notice and said they'll solve the problem soon. Still haven't got my keyboard

yes they were asking for 2.5k for new 3.5mm earphones i dont know why apple charge so much you can see they make their wires so delicate and thin in order to look them so called beautiful, these are so weak even little wear and tear can make them not work.
On the macos vs windows debate i still dont know what to say @Lord Nemesis @Pat i havent explored mac as i did windows customizing.I would agree windows is for advance users(i dont mean designers and professionals by that) windows needs some optimizations to be able to use efficiently macos is better for beginners very smooth no doubt but lacks advanced features also very productive as people dont have to care about other os related things and focus on their work

Hang on a minute. Who else offers a physical wear & tear warranty ?

Defective product is one thing but warranty for things going bad from use i've never heard of
i guess warranty of product is repairable if it gets some problem including some wear cut or one earphone not working i don't get what else is apple warranty if they can repair it and don't intent to do so

Hang on a minute. Who else offers a physical wear & tear warranty ?

Defective product is one thing but warranty for things going bad from use i've never heard of
If wires of earphones are cut, obviously no company is going to entertain warranty.

However if one earphone goes bad/stops working, companies will replace it without any problems .

However if one earphone goes bad/stops working, companies will replace it without any problems .

Goes bad as a result of what ? wear & tear isn't covered only defects are and defects show up early. This is the sole purpose of warranty to cover for manufacturing defects as there is no such thing as zero defect in the consumer space.

If it goes bad and it is repairable then they will repair it at your cost assuming it is even repairable.

And i've never heard of earphones being repairable. Maybe at some talented 3rd party outfits not big company stuff.

things just go bad man. Thats the reason warrenty exits. So that product can be guranteed to work atleast 1 year of use. I use headphones pretty much daily so many times, a single headphone just dies after much use. companies always replace them if the earphones are intact and without external damage to wires. Boat replaced my headphones recently. audiotechnica and sennheiser also replaces them.Ive also had soundmagic replaced. sennheiser also has 2 year warrenty compared to 1 year for all the other companies so I only buy sennheiser for headphones above 1k.

things just go bad man. Thats the reason warrenty exits. So that product can be guranteed to work atleast 1 year of use. I use headphones pretty much daily so many times, a single headphone just dies after much use. companies always replace them if the earphones are intact and without external damage to wires. Boat replaced my headphones recently. audiotechnica and sennheiser also replaces them.Ive also had soundmagic replaced. sennheiser also has 2 year warrenty compared to 1 year for all the other companies so I only buy sennheiser for headphones above 1k.
that's why i am saying why apple doesn't replace them?

that's why i am saying why apple doesn't replace them?

things just go bad man. Thats the reason warrenty exits.
How soon after purchase matters. Three months after purchase without obvious damage means you have a stronger case of manufacturing defect than 11 months later

Reason being a manufacturing defect is most likely to manifest itself soon after use if you're familiar with the bathtub curve. Hence, warranty.

So that product can be guranteed to work atleast 1 year of use. I use headphones pretty much daily so many times, a single headphone just dies after much use. companies always replace them if the earphones are intact and without external damage to wires. Boat replaced my headphones recently. audiotechnica and sennheiser also replaces them.Ive also had soundmagic replaced. sennheiser also has 2 year warrenty compared to 1 year for all the other companies so I only buy sennheiser for headphones above 1k.
Good, i just bought two pairs of earphone senns recently. Let's see how they hold up and if warranty needs to be used

I hope you meant earphones and not headphones as the latter tend to be more robust.

Context of this discussion is earpods

How soon after purchase matters. Three months after purchase without obvious damage means you have a stronger case of manufacturing defect than 11 months later
not really. there's no guarantee that every product should follow the bathtub curve. things just go bad due to bad luck.

and yeah, I meant earphones. sorry I just call everything headphones :)

Good, i just bought two pairs of earphone senns recently. Let's see how they hold up and if warranty needs to be used

I hope you meant earphones and not headphones as the latter tend to be more robust.

Context of this discussion is earpods

Sennheisser are great when it comes to warranty claims. One of my friends has gotten his earphones replaced multiple times during the warranty period. Every time, one of the sides of the earphones used to go bad. They replaced them every time without any questions or complications.

Sennheisser are great when it comes to warranty claims. One of my friends has gotten his earphones replaced multiple times during the warranty period. Every time, one of the sides of the earphones used to go bad. They replaced them every time without any questions or complications.
Ditto for me.. I have replaced my earphone for 2 times within warranty period from Seinheisser

soundmagic was just one week before warranty ended so I remember thinking "wow thats cutting it close"

I'll have to check the boat ones
I see, its different for these companies as the earphones are their primary product. They would need to keep people happy.

You would think apple could do the same for a cheaper accessory too. We might be getting it a bit harder here in India as they're still not official yet.

Back