Apple Event - 9th September

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Creating this thread for tracking updates from Apple event taking place today and discussing about it;

Starting with Apple Watch following are updates
- WatchOS 2 (launching 16th September
- partnership with Hermes (French company)
- choice of leather straps and more colors of watch bands including Rose Gold

iPad Pro
- iPad Pro announced (availability from November)
- Full size keyboard
- 12.9" display with 5.6Mn pixels
- A9X Processor
- 10 hours battery life
- 4 speakers for audio
- new accessories >> Smart Keyboard $169 , Apple Pencil $99
- Productivity apps support >> Microsoft Office, Adobe suit
- $799 for 32GB, $949 for 64GB and $1079 for 128GB (only 128GB model is with LTE)

iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 4 announced
- Innards same as iPad Air 2 except chip which is A8 instead of A8X
- starts at $399
- iPad Mini 2 starts at $269

Apple TV
- based on A8 chip
- supports Games
- new remote with touch surface and capability of being a game controller
- comes with tvOS (based on iOS )
- $149 for 32GB and $199 for 64GB (Available late October)

iPhone
- iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus announced
- Rose Gold color option
- 3D Touch
- 2nd gen TouchID
- 12MP camera
- 4K recording and Live photos
- front cam now 5MP
- iPhone 6S starts at $ 649 for 16GB :mad:, $749 for 64GB and $849 for 128GB
- iPhone 6S Plus starts at $749 for 16GB :mad:, $849 for 64GB and $949 for 128GB
- every year upgrade program with monthly EMIs
- available from September 25 with pre-orders starting from September 9

iOS 9 availability from September 16

iCloud storage pricing
- 50GB for $0.99/month
- 200GB for $2.99/month
- 1TB for $9.99/month

Last edited:
sucks. same design, 16gigs starting storage and no upgrade the battery life. Woohoo! Gonna wait for iPhone 7
I think there's been an upgrade to the battery life but they've not mentioned it.
With 3d touch, 12mp camera, 4k and siri they must have increased the battery. Also, ios 9 is going to give an additional hour of battery.
And design is never changed in the S models.

I think there's been an upgrade to the battery life but they've not mentioned it.
With 3d touch, 12mp camera, 4k and siri they must have increased the battery. Also, ios 9 is going to give an additional hour of battery.
And design is never changed in the S models.

really? i do see a difference b/w iphone 5 and 5s. :) well yeah,same battery life even with 4k! that's awesome? and OS Based battery life , I will never fall for that for iOS 9 or Dose for android.

No mention about new battery capacity & RAM enhancements...
New iPhones weigh more than their predecessors, so a hike in battery capacity is more likely.

Nothing groundbreaking really, for a moment seemed like a Samsung event, copying ideas from everywhere & presenting as a great new invention...

Updated main post.

Base model at 16GB is totally fail for this phone. Also a top-end iPad Pro with both accessories will cost approx $1350

I could agree with @nimitbhardwaj here for design. Generally 'S' models retain most design of prev gen model, like iPhone 3G/4 and 3GS/4S.

Just for the sake of profits. Read last year itself. Apple also has bigger margins on its more expensive phones because flash memory chips are so cheap.
The difference in cost between a 16GB memory module and a 64GB module is far less than $100 for Apple. So, the company can increase the iPhone’s average selling price (ASP) — and, more importantly, Apple’s iPhone margins — by encouraging more people to buy the mid-priced model. And of course, Apple does this by dangling that 64GB carrot in front of buyers.
http://bgr.com/2014/11/05/is-the-16gb-iphone-6-useless/

Some pretty silly and stupid stuff during the event. Cringe worthy feeling on many instances.

Btw, have the Indian models of iphone 6/6+ seen the price drop already?

Back