Apple Inc. is now a US $1 Trillion company

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
:greedy::greedy::greedy:

Apple has become the first US company with a market cap of over $1 trillion. This follows a jump in its stock after reporting strong Q3 earnings that saw the iPhone maker surpass both its own projections and analysts’ estimates, while also making a strong forecast for its upcoming Q4 earnings.

Apple hit the $1 trillion mark early this morning when its stock crossed $207.05 per share at 11:48am ET (the stock has since dropped back down slightly). Given the volatile nature of the market, however, it’s possible Apple may not stay a $1 trillion company for very long, or it could bounce back and forth over the $1 trillion mark in the coming days. It technically also isn’t the first to hit $1 trillion, either — PetroChina briefly reached $1 trillion back in 2007, although the stock soon fell below that mark.

The Verge

Powered, financed and marketed by Hipsters. Just saying. :p :D

Btw 1 Trillion is 1,000,000,000,000. That's 12 zeroes! Or, 1,:greedy::greedy::greedy:,:greedy::greedy::greedy:,:greedy::greedy::greedy:,:greedy::greedy::greedy:.

Last edited:
I started liking apple. especially after tim cooks pledge to privacy and google started spreading ad cancer.

5% of US GDP!

zJo6gR9.jpg

Last edited:
They are soon heading the Nokia way! There are no new "innovative" products yet! The iPhone craze will die down and it will just take 1 wrong year to start the downhill. MACs have a big problem - see Louis Rosmman videos, that bubble is going to burst. iPad has no decent competitor (where is that Galaxy Tab 4?) hence there is no improvement. Some of the powerful products don't get attention, like Apple TV - it was such a wonderful hardware - the Apple TV 2 Jailbreak version outselling double the price in 2011 - 2013 as compared to the Apple TV 3 since the TV 2 was jailbreakable. The Airplay is just a great video comms tools when no other came close, sadly no one talks about it - I wonder why it was not sold to orgnaizations, Organization still stick with those bulks Cisco TeleConference system which are pathetic.
In this world, I am not sure why the companies keep the innovation secret, doesn't involvement improve the quality more, i am sure lot of regular users don't mind the Beta - look whats happening to Chrome Canary - the next best browser

Whenever a good news comes out regarding Apple, the trolling starts

They reached a milestone which was never thought possible

Wish them a success and hopefully for a better future[emoji106]

Last edited:
Have been Apple free since '98 and intend to remain that way
I couldn't last a single day on ios and mac os but I can see why people would love it over android/windows[DOUBLEPOST=1533399598][/DOUBLEPOST]

better future aka beautiful overpriced unrepairable gadgets for twice the competitors price! yay us!

Going to be another trolling thread. Whatever the opinion is, think the way they turned the market and into a trillion dollar company. They were near to bankrupt at one point of time

Probably, their target customer is not us, but they seems to be doing right

Inbtw, I am an happy Android user [emoji4]

Who is us ?

this community or India

If its the latter i agree. Apple only woke up to India recently. They tried to hard ball but the govt. would have none of it. This too with a PM that uses an iphone

If apple wanted to sell here and take advantage of the market then they would have to make in India. And they have started, the 5c & 6 are being made here now. Not in sufficient numbers yet.

Good news only for the company. They hardly give out anything as dividend even to share holders.
Code:
Dividend History for Apple, Inc. ( AAPL)
Ex-Div. Date	Amount	Type
2/9/2017	$0.57	Quarter
11/3/2016	$0.57	Quarter
8/4/2016	$0.57	Quarter
5/5/2016	$0.57	Quarter
That's around a dollar a year per share. What is the use of sitting on large piles of money if they're not giving it out even to share holders? It's just digital currency now. If the US dollar tanks, most of it will be nothing. More money = more loss in such situations.

Going to be another trolling thread. Whatever the opinion is, think the way they turned the market and into a trillion dollar company. They were near to bankrupt at one point of time

Inbtw, I am an happy Android user [emoji4]
they're only successful because americans buy them on contracts. If I was in USA too, I would never let my dad or sister touch android because I can pay 280$ downpayment at Tmobile and get the latest iphoneX instead of spending 500$ for oneplus 6 and then again monthly payments to mobile carrier.

they're failing in india and in china where features and cost come above apple brand. thats why theyre launching dual sim iphone next year( or this year)

In my opinion, the pile of cash if not invested in innovation will soon rot away. Look at Samsung, AMD, Nvidia - all are building new innovation that will most likely be game changers. For e.g, Samsung not just leaders in display panels, they are in Memory modules and are finding ways to make their Erynox procy market leader. AMD comback through Ryzen is well known and hopefully the Ryzen 2 will be smashing. Nvidia is pivot from GCs to other techs like AI. Their 1080 is still unbeatable and its 2 years old already!
I have yet to hear what Apple has produced New - except that UFO building! If they are still trying to play secretive games, the world now is collabrative - unless that Apple Car comes in soon, the iPhone will start becoming whatPhone?

I couldn't last a single day on ios and mac os but I can see why people would love it over android/windows
Cause it takes a little more time than that to mentally shift from mac to windows. I love this shit. Windows has nothing on mac. Its perfectly usable, but the ease is simply not there. (I use both by the way )[DOUBLEPOST=1533497271][/DOUBLEPOST]Everyone who's not running a Trillion dollar company, has an opinion about the guys running a Trillion dollar company, and how they should run it. If you guys are so smart, create a Trillion dollar company of your own. :p

I don't buy it.
1. Apple's revenue model is not based on ad revenues. which is why I kind of trust them about their privacy.
2. Apple was the first to kick out adobe flash which was the main reason for internet Ad cancer. Even today, every youtube/other videos that I play on iphone play directly on apple's internal player which totally kills the in-between ad while playing a video. has a much better user experience while watching videos. Safari has a reader mode which kills 90% of the cancer. makes reading articles much better. (again user experience). Apple store is virtually ad free (cough cough play store).
3. The iPhone X can shoot a video at 1080p at 240FPS and 4k at 60FPS. I am yet to see any camera (including professional cameras) do that below 1000USD. this is mainly because of the apple chip which blows all the other ARM including snapdragon out of the water.
4. the tight control over app permissions another thing that I really appreciate on ios. I just notifications on all apps unless I actually need them. works really well for me.
if you have this addin to ff you will see how much google and fb cancer is out there (hint... pretty much every site):
AdCancer.jpg

Back