Apple iPhone 5S To Be Priced At Rs 53500 And 5C at Rs 41900 In India

No it's not. It is off-contract but not unlocked.

Wrong. Even if you buy an AT&T iPhone outright, it comes factory unlocked. Personal experience. Bought 2 iPhone 5s on launch day and they were unlocked despite being AT&T iPhones since I paid the full price for them.

I know ya'll rich folks but saving 5-7K on a 45-50K phone seems foolish as the iPhone seems to be the only Apple product that doesn't carry global warranty.

Indian mentality makes these 5-7k saving worth it. Plus Apple is known as a reliable brand so people kinda don't worry about warranty.

Wrong. Even if you buy an AT&T iPhone outright, it comes factory unlocked. Personal experience. Bought 2 iPhone 5s on launch day and they were unlocked despite being AT&T iPhones since I paid the full price for them.

You might have been lucky or may be they do sell them unlocked now. However, officially they do not make any mention of their phones being "factory unlocked".

You might have been lucky or may be they do sell them unlocked now. However, officially they do not make any mention of their phones being "factory unlocked".

You are right. They are not officially sold as unlocked. I purchased AT&T phones and had to provide them with an AT&T account details to purchase them. It is AT&T who have this policy that if you buy their phones outright/without contract, they unlock them. You don't even have to call them anymore. Just connect the phone to iTunes as you normally would and the phone will get unlocked.

Old news and not true. Please research this news properly and read other articles. They were planning to offer global warranty to people who have purchased Apple Care+ for their iPhones and then too only in select countries which doesn't include India.
I can confirm that one of my friend who purchased a unlocked 4s from US has claimed Warranty in India due to Hardware issues and He's Got a New Piece.
This piece is like 3-4 months old.

Old news and not true. Please research this news properly and read other articles. They were planning to offer global warranty to people who have purchased Apple Care+ for their iPhones and then too only in select countries which doesn't include India.
My friend Claimed a warranty on a Iphone 5 purchased from Singapore Apple store he took it on a full price
Apple Service centre in Mumbai honoured him a new phone his old phone had Home button Issues..
He never took a Apple care + BTW

My friend Claimed a warranty on a Iphone 5 purchased from Singapore Apple store he took it on a full price
Apple Service centre in Mumbai honoured him a new phone his old phone had Home button Issues..
He never took a Apple care + BTW

That's great news. So what all phones and model nos is this international warranty valid for. And is it valid for iPhone 5s as well.

Back