Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched in India, Starts at 62k (16GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, first of all, I would give Apple a praise for not sticking to "no stylus" idea by Steve Jobs. Sometimes companies need to change their viewpoints to function and sticking to very old traditions and ideas might be very harmful for a company (We've seen many examples of that)
Apple did stick to their idea of small phones for a long time and I was personally very happy with that. They had to introduce a bigger phone last year to get into the phablet market and also to answer to the Apple users who've been asking for bigger screens for a long time.
If Apple is taking their consumers for granted(stupid) , they're not doing anything wrong. 95% of them are 'stupid' (Not concerned a lot about specs) . Let me give you a real life example.
You get onto a metro in Delhi, what you'll see is most of the people using Samsung/other Droids with 1,2 or maybe even 3 gigs of ram. 9 out of 10 of them will be playing Candy Crush/Subway Surfers or using Whatsapp/Instagram/Facebook.
You'll hardly see anyone playing high end games or using heavy applications. So there is no use of the big RAM in those phones.
And again, Apple does a great job maintaining the device lag-free even with less RAM. It is a much better experience than having Samsung phones with multiple gigs of RAM and constant lag because of their shitty TouchWiz.
Being an Apple user, even I'm not pleased that they didn't give a RAM upgrade but if the phone stays lag free and fast, I don't care what's inside.
Now me, you and the whole tech community can curse Apple for not upgrading the RAM, but it won't matter to them because we know how much they are making every quarter doing what they've been doing.
And if you think now that Apple is copying other companies, please look into the last decade and then ask yourself who copied who.

Also, if you think Apple is not getting into numbers because , "The reason Apple doesn't want to compete in number game because it knows it'll be crushed severely by many companies with more cheaper access to hardware, especially Chinese and Korean companies", then you're wrong. If a new a company like One+ can come in and build a beast at an affordable price, then Apple who is a well established player can very very easily make a similar phone at the same price or maybe even less. Again, the point is not to target the tech savvy, but the general public.

So basically you agree on a tech forum that, iOS user implies a Technologically challenged person ; unless proved otherwise..

The fact is though both of us are iOS users, you subscribe to the Reality Distortion Field created by the company and its founder, but I don't (probably because I use one android flagship along with iOS device simultaneously).

Anyways it's a never ending debate & perfect Smartphone /Smartphone OS is a myth.

Something to do with Live Photo
Whats Live Photo Guys,We Apple Invented it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=30&v=FmB1LztzEVM

Apple invented it? Or implemented it better?

phandroid.com/2015/09/09/iphone-6s-new-features-vs-android-phones/

Well the thing is that Apple sees itself as kind of a luxury brand. If they reduce the price of their products to what they are actually worth they loose that premium feel. Among the non tech people here in India a iphone owner is considered a "badda admi/seth". The owner is considered to have a high social status & purchasing power. To maintain this apple charge a premium on their products which they call Apple tax. The average sheep is perfectly fine with paying the Apple tax to get that feeling of being a rich guy who can afford cool toy's and to show off to family and friends.

PS: This is not to say that Apple makes bad products this is just to tell that the Apple tax is not justifiable in pure usage terms.

For me Android has always worked better than iOs. I have faced more FCs on iPhone than on Android and battery life has always been pathetic for me. I have always used 3g and have used nearly every iPhone since 4s and never been happy with battery life except from the 6+. Lack of multitasking has always been the reason I kept going back to Android no matter how unpolished it was compared to iOs. Since I have been using this OPO, I haven't faced a single FC or any lag. A charge lasts me the whole day with over 5+ hrs of screen time. The only reason for sticking for an iPhone is if you are invested into the ecosystem.

Apple users only knew lag free keyword :) numerous jet sam evets tells apple poor design choice of 1GB ram that even for a 64bit OS... Most of the so called apple smartphone users doesn't even know how many crashes, jet sam events their phone had.... ;)

^ No surprises... You are one of the so called apple smartphone user...
I take no offence if one loves Apple products, Even i do.
There are bunch of Apple Trolls here, who did Bad Mouthing because even i ridiculed last year's watch and iPhone 6 in the Apple event thread. These guys do not like criticism , I like people @avi who brags if its best & criticise if its disappointing.

I get it, you want to price your phones in the luxury segment and you want hight price for your phone, your choice. But why handicap the people with 16gb as the starting model? Since the pricing is not based on cost, why not atleast include a decent amount of storage? Even when their configs scale the prices dont scale by cost. Apple has great design quotient, but the premium they charge is much higher. All it will take is an Android manufacturer that designs sexy phones and prices it decently. Cant wait for Nokia to come back. They had the exactly correct approach from a consumer POV. I though Oneplus did too, but they probably are over estimating themselves and their tweaks to the invite system has actually worsened it.

I take no offence if one loves Apple products, Even i do.
There are bunch of Apple Trolls here, who did Bad Mouthing because even i ridiculed last year's watch and iPhone 6 in the Apple event thread. These guys do not like criticism , I like people @avi who brags if its best & criticise if its disappointing.
I just want a damn good phone. I don't really care for brands.

Ya coz i can Afford one every year :D:D:D
So what? there are people who changes phone every two/three months...including your so called apple iphones... BTW where you all apple iphone techies were hiding when i asked some help on my iphone 6 plus crashes...?

Anyways at least now try to increase your so called tech knowledge about jet sam event... watch this youtube

Using iPhone 4S here as well. Don't really see a reason to "Upgrade" at the moment. With around 1100 Battery cycles done, I am still at 80% battery capacity remaining (around 1150 mAh). On iOS 8, it is not as smooth to be frank. In fact, if everything and every new app would work, I would gladly go back to iOS 5. But for daily operation it is plenty smooth. Just that some of the apps take more time to open.

Apple has announced that it will launch the new iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus in India on October 16. This will be the fastest iPhone rollout ever for the Indian market, coming less than a month after the latest models became available globally.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...6S-6S-Plus-on-Oct-16/articleshow/49139588.cms

Real Quick. ;)

it is expected that iPhone 6S will be available at starting price of around Rs 60,000, while iPhone 6S Plus will cost approximately Rs 68,000 for the base variant.

Due to the falling Rupee and also some high cost of manufacturing($45 more) than predecessor. It is highly possible that it could be priced around 57k-60k for the 16Gb model.
64Gb could be around 66k

Apple knows very well, if they release 32gb base model, sales of other models will be drastically reduced.

Cheap tactics by the richest electronic company (with trillions of dollars in reserve) .

If they can, they will. If I could be able to, I would have.

Was keeping an eye on the iphone 6s mainly to replace my iphone 6 plus due to the fact that its size becomes a huge PITA sometimes. 60k despite the rupee depreciation represents no value to be fair on a device which is hardly an upgrade on previous year.

Will wait for the iPhone 7 as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back