Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched in India, Starts at 62k (16GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time after 4s, I love iphone :) 2GB ram really helps... They should have done that for 6 plus itself :(. Battery is slightly less compared to 6 plus, but I guess it's because due to initial setup and show-off [emoji14]

Luckily 6 plus apple leather case fits with little tight, so no need to buy another one.

So far i didn't feel great about force touch... May not use at all. It's like long press context menu in Windows touch devices.

Anyways so far happy, time to find a buyer for my note 4!!!

Capture.JPG

First time after 4s, I love iphone :) 2GB ram really helps... They should have done that for 6 plus itself :(. Battery is slightly less compared to 6 plus, but I guess it's because due to initial setup and show-off [emoji14]

Luckily 6 plus apple leather case fits with little tight, so no need to buy another one.

So far i didn't feel great about force touch... May not use at all. It's like long press context menu in Windows touch devices.

Anyways so far happy, time to find a buyer for my note 4!!!

We all hear great things about iphone. For eg:

How there retina display with lower ppi was better then fullhd display.
Apple said that it was useless to have more ppi as the human eye could not recognize more than that. But, they were wrong as fullhd screens have better sharpness and were more smooth then lower screen resolution.

Then they said that 8GB and now 16GB is sufficient without the option of msd card. Because you have awesome online drives that you must use.

Then they said that dual cores are all what people need with mobiles and androids that are actually coming with quad cores are only gimmicks. Less is better you know. And I bet apple would soon also move on to quad cores themselves.

About ram it's supporters always condemned android for going more than 1GB ram as the said that iphone don't need more ram as it's apps are extremely optimized to work with 1GB even with multitasking. Imagine iphobe 5s with 1GB of ram. And now they themselves upgraded the iphobe 6s plus to 2GB.

But, this time they have decreased the battery capacity and I am sure that there and iphobe users justification is that you don't need more capacity then that. Less than 1day charge is sufficient.

I beleive that it's complete hipocracy on there part. I understand that iphone have good quality. But Apple supporters should stop condemning android users by saying less is better. Apple is going android way. And it's time that iphone users should accept that less is not always better and should definately stop believing everything blindly that the company says to justify there stupid actions.

According to me iphone 5 should have been what iphone 6s plus is as far as hardware specification are concerned.

6S pricing US unlocked (A1688)
16Gb - 50,500
64GB - 56,700
128GB - 63,800

Anyone else planning to get one from the US?

6S pricing US unlocked (A1688)
16Gb - 50,500
64GB - 56,700
128GB - 63,800

Anyone else planning to get one from the US?
Is it with or without taxes?
What about 6s plus?
I'm looking for a 6s plus 64gb from USA . If price difference after offers is less than 6k, I might as well buy from here.

Correction: you've listed the prices Rs. 4000 extra for each model. For 16GB it is 708$ and for 64GB it is 861$

@drkrack If someone is there in US, the above pricing is applicable.

If you want to get it through 3rd party like shopnship, its nearly going to cost the same in India may be 2k difference. Import duty is at 18%[DOUBLEPOST=1444549636][/DOUBLEPOST]
Correction: you've listed the prices Rs. 4000 extra for each model. For 16GB it is 708$ and for 64GB it is 861$
Refer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015E8U6EM/ .. 16Gb,128Gb prices which i posted are a bit higher.

Last edited:
The sim free unlocked version sold in US is 1633 and 1634 which is same as AT&T model. But the one is going to release in India is, 1688 and 1687 which is the t-mobile/Verizon models.

So if at all anyone planning to get one with Applecare+, then get the t-mobile model as like me [emoji14]

@drkrack If someone is there in US, the above pricing is applicable.

If you want to get it through 3rd party like shopnship, its nearly going to cost the same in India may be 2k difference. Import duty is at 18%[DOUBLEPOST=1444549636][/DOUBLEPOST]
Refer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015E8U6EM/ .. 16Gb,128Gb prices which i posted are a bit higher.
I'm getting it from a cousin who's coming for Diwali. I may buy from here as well considering the warranty issues involved. Hopefully I get better offers by Diwali. I am planning for a 55in TV also, so some local electronic store may offer better deal for purchasing above 2L.

I thought the prices for the unlocked 6s were 649/749/849???
It's without applicable local taxes, once you get ready pay the full amount with tax will be revealed, taxes differ with Different states in USA. Taxes are least in Oregon I think (correct me if wrong).

Apple iPhones does not come with International Warranty, so make sure if you are okay with that when you are buying from US. However chances of failure is very less.

Okay, fair enough. This is what I'm getting for a 64GB 6s as per my calculations, assuming it is purchased in NY with an Indian credit card.

Capture.JPG

Edit: ST rate may not be correct

I don't know why some people are trolling here thinking they own apple with out even giving any solid proof.

Anyways @drkrack, if someone coming from US, then it's best to get from there. I did the same and I paid 64700 to my friend for 64GB plus which includes applecare+(129$).

Actually it costed 1060$ in Phoenix, AZ including tax. So I paid my friend at 64/$.

I'm 100% sure extra 129$ applecare+ will give you 2 years warranty in India. This i confirmed during 6 plus period itself in India support. Surprisingly they'll will give a warranty even for Chinese model for 6 plus because both the model share same internals. Ie. 1524 and 1593

Without knowing anything some are here simply trolling without any proof.

You can tag me and call me troll, I don't mind. No need of this third name or addressing me as 'some people here'

I asked you about terms of Apple warranty and you asked me back. Is that how you make arguments?

1. First stop spreading false information. To support your arguments provide links from Apple Warranty T&C. After you posted I searched again if Apple had changed their terms and I asked around people whom I consider Apple experts. I did not find anything new.
2. Stop calling people trolls if you don't know how to make arguments. Had you simply provided a link to Apple Warranty docs highlighting about international warranty, I would have STFU'ed.
3. Now for people who are saying, hey my unkil got serviced, my friend got serviced etc, thats anecdotal and Apple is known for being nice and making exceptions. That does not mean they will honor your warranty. They have no obligation to do so.
4. If you go to Apple site and check warranty of iPhone, you will be asked to chose Region i.e. their terms are different for different country/continents
5. Every doc says:

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

I just searched 'Apple iPhone International Warranty':

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7247302
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7010288
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7207069
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6638614
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7045606
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6897247
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6838145

You are encouraging people to buy a device (which costs almost a kidney) and providing false info that they come with warranty and serviced in India. And yet you call others troll.

Haha... So many search you did... But did you search for applecare+? I was talking about applecare+ from my first post in the thread.

Also did you ever bother to think, why apple says 'may' restrict warranty instead of saying only warranty in the country of purchase?

And i did share my personal experience of the phone bought in US serviced in another country where your so called apple store wasn't present.

Everywhere people like you present to give false information, so your Apple discussion links are no different.

I'm giving information here, so that everyone benefit instead wasting money here.

Again I repeat what i said yesterday and you can call apple india support to confirm. Or just give your number and they'll call you.

Applecare+ give international warranty provided that particular model is stocked in the country where service is requested.

This is the reason applcare+ terms say, Apple MAY restrict instead of saying no international warranty.

So many information i gave here like iphone 6 plus models which is supported by apple india. People should no buy sim free / AT&T models of 6s as these are not going to sell by Apple india.

After all these, you say I'm giving false information. Good joke!!![DOUBLEPOST=1444564874][/DOUBLEPOST]
I asked you about terms of Apple warranty and you asked me back. Is that how you make arguments?
Are you serious? You call someone you know as apple expert and give some false information without any apple links and expect others to give apple links to counter? And you call this is better way of argument?

Last edited:
^I agree I did not search for 'AppleCare+'

but I still can't find any reliable info on Apple site for AppleCare+ for iPhones being international warranty. You think I am fighting with you to prove some point. But I am not. I would be more happy to learn that if AppleCare+ has true global warranty for iPhones.

^ OK, call apple support and ask why they mentioned "MAY" restrict instead of saying there is no international warranty! When i asked that question to them.. they said its because of different models being sold in different country, so the part may not be available in the country where service is requested. In that case, they will deny warranty and ask to do in the country where its purchased. And when i asked about the particular model which i bought(A1687), india support said, they will come to know only after its officially launched in india. But based on zauba import records, 1687 model being imported at around 32K range in india. When i had similar conversation during 6 plus period, i came to know not only that particular model which is being sold in india, but all the models which has similar internals will have warranty in india. And they gave example as a1524(sold in india/europe) and a1593(chinese) has same internals, so these models will get warranty in india. This may be reason as well why some uncle and some friends able to claim warranty in india but not all, because they may had different models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back