Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched in India, Starts at 62k (16GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if something changed or not, but 2 yrs back, my iphone 4S under Apple+ Care bought in the USA was denied warranty coverage in India

^ as per the google search result on applecare+, this was changed from iphone 5 period...but how much is true i dont have clue...

Edit: based on this link
If you bought a iPhone 6 out of India and if same model is available in India then it will be covered under warranty. E.g. iPhone6 1586A model brought in Australia and India, also have sale same model; then it will be covered under warranty. I have bought mine from Australia and it was covered under warranty when its NAND Flash drive went for a toss, I got it replaced through Apple Service Center. In short none of iPhones from US will NOT be covered under warranty as the same model is not sold in India. Asia and Europe GSM models will be covered as same models are sold in India.
Datta S. Bhaleraoanswered on 10 Feb 2015

Last edited:
I don't know if something changed or not, but 2 yrs back, my iphone 4S under Apple+ Care bought in the USA was denied warranty coverage in India

^ as per the google search result on applecare+, this was changed from iphone 5 period...but how much is true i dont have clue...

I had a mixed experience with Ipad mini retina, WiFi and cellular from USA.

Overheating, hanging lot & sudden display going blank etc. Internet search revealed that the cellular ipads and iPhones aren't covered with international warranty. One service centre denied the warranty stating the same.

I approached another service centre head with a common friend, he got the device RMAed in a weeks time. It was nearly 3yrs ago, I don't know the current status.

Also on a serious note, Apple should manufacture next iPhone in India if they are serious about market expansion here. Freaking 18% central custom duty + 5.5% state VAT makes it to 62,000 for the 16GB base model, Make in India and sell in India for Rs. 50,900. Win-Win for both customers and Apple.
Critics complaining about Exorbitant pricing will also shut up. :)

I had a mixed experience with Ipad mini retina, WiFi and cellular from USA.

Overheating, hanging lot & sudden display going blank etc. Internet search revealed that the cellular ipads and iPhones aren't covered with international warranty. One service centre denied the warranty stating the same.

I approached another service centre head with a common friend, he got the device RMAed in a weeks time. It was nearly 3yrs ago, I don't know the current status.

iPads always have global warranty, cellular or not.
I've personally got 2 US bougjt ones swapped here without any sweat

well do you other answers also which contradicts:

If the phone was purchased in India, then it will be covered in India. However, if the phone was purchased overseas then its warranty is void, at least in India. Even purchasing AppleCare will not help.

^Ok, be happy!
Why I should be happy? You are simply making this 'You vs Me' argument. I am not interested in that. I will be more happy to know if Apple starts honoring international warranty with AppleCare+ on iPhones. Just that I am not able to find any legit/valid sources saying that.

^From that link, i already quoted a personal experience of an user who claims the same what apple told me. Of-course other avi's trolled in that link without knowing anything as usual. Again n again i'm saying this.. if the model purchased outside is available in india, then you will get warranty... it's very simple. Otherwise there is no reason for apple to use that word(MAY) in their warranty statement. Instead of asking this to your so called half baked apple experts, you better contact apple india support. They will even give the information on the model numbers which are given warranty in India.

^From that link, i already quoted a personal experience of an user who claims the same what apple told me.
from the same link I showed you someone saying otherwise.

Of-course other avi's trolled in that link without knowing anything as usual.
Again n again i'm saying this.. if the model purchased outside is available in india, then you will get warranty... it's very simple.
And from where did you get this information from? I can't find this on Apple Warranty.

I have already did. They told me iPhone does not have international warranty and doesn't matter with AppleCare+

OK, here is the chat response today i got... As i already said, you should contact real apple support instead of your so called apple expert.

ac+.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back