Apple iPhone 6S and 6S+ launched in India, Starts at 62k (16GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Face time works as long as you activate the phone in India. I had bought a 5 and a 6 from Dubai and they both worked just fine.

Bought from jumbo. I have bought many phones from dubai and all carry warranty here in India. to be doubly sure buy from apple store online

Jumbo electronics are quite expensive in terms of price I find.

Also all official retailers here will have the AE stocks meaning no FaceTime for these devices

I bought an iPad mini 2 32GB wifi cellular here during the GITEX offers from EMax and they had only AE stocks. But got a good deal nevertheless.

For my iPhone though I definitely need FaceTime and that is a problem. Unless I risk buying from local vendors where there's no way to know beforehand where the unit is sourced from

Will Online purchase from Souq or Jumbo for Iphone will be factory unlocked and work in India?

Only for the models where Souq advertises FaceTime available but there's no place they specify the model number they're selling so you don't know where they get it from. Usually I'm guessing Singapore or Hong Kong by roughly converting the AED prices you can try to work out.

Warranty for sure I doubt will be valid in India. That's why the conundrum, else I'd have bought the phone here long ago considering the awesome savings over the India prices

any iphone not bought through indian distributors.
it will not get the warranty support by indian apple support.[DOUBLEPOST=1448179003][/DOUBLEPOST]and this policy wont change till apple opens the own branded stores.

any iphone not bought through indian distributors.
it will not get the warranty support by indian apple support.[DOUBLEPOST=1448179003][/DOUBLEPOST]and this policy wont change till apple opens the own branded stores.

That's the debate. Since apple registrations are online and product coverage is easily verifiable on their systems it's not always denied. I've known a few mates who have had their phones from the US accepted in India for service without hassles. Of course I can't say it's the norm here or that they do it in all cases but for sure a few of them have assured me they didn't have any issues with their phones being accepted under warranty.

Picked up a 6S 64GB with FaceTime from Souq for 2599 AED. Got a global A1688 sealed piece week 45 production!!! Absolutely thrilled with my decision!!!

64Gb at 62k (Original 16Gb price) & 128Gb at 72k (Original 64Gb price) , December month- Best time to buy a new iPhone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back