Apple iPhone Found to be Nearly 3X More Reliable Than Samsung Phones

All these statistics and all are just junk. Irrespective of whoever it favors. Some of them are really pointless.
The first question is how does one measure reliability ?

There are a number of ways so which method to use or do we use all methods and give some weighted score. What is that score worth.

This article isn't pointless, Samsung is aggressively going after Apple, this is one of many ways to sow FUD in the minds of prospective buyers ;)

reliable only in US.
In India hardly .5% people knows and care about Apple.
Samsung, Nokia are more reliable in India than iPhone.

reliable only in US.
In India hardly .5% people knows and care about Apple.
Samsung, Nokia are more reliable in India than iPhone.
On what basis do you say that?

We are talking about reliability of the handset, not how widespread a brand is in a country.

Reliability — FixYa users lauded the reliability of the iPhone, stating that it is almost always working as intended in regards to core features

FixYa users lol fixed by apple

Core features even my Nokia 101 will be 1000X more reliable than Apple

Reliability — FixYa users lauded the reliability of the iPhone, stating that it is almost always working as intended in regards to core features

FixYa users lol fixed by apple

Core features even my Nokia 101 will be 1000X more reliable than Apple
We are talking about smartphones

Really ? IPhone true multitasking phone

Is smartphone only about true multitasking. I am sure you might be a power user so can you list down the multitasking activities that you do on your phone. I am not favoring iPhone, i am just curious what all multitasking anyone does on their phones which will help me evaluate my options in future whenever i plan to buy a new phone.

Is smartphone only about true multitasking. I am sure you might be a power user so can you list down the multitasking activities that you do on your phone. I am not favoring iPhone, i am just curious what all multitasking anyone does on their phones which will help me evaluate my options in future whenever i plan to buy a new phone.

I could never stick to the iPhone just because it didn't have true multitasking. Otherwise I really loved both the hardware and the UI.
For example, if I am transferring a video over Wi-Fi using AVPlayer HD, I couldn't use the phone while the video is being transferred because of the lack of true multitasking. Niggles such as these caused me to go back to Android every time I bought an iOs device.
I also use my smartphone as a download rig. I download both torrents and files from file-sharing sites using a premiuim account straight on my Android phone. Tasks like these require programs running in the background all the time.

We people now ****ing never care about this dumb articles :D ... i have a lot of friends who still use galaxy s /s2 & have flashed custom roms more than atleast 50 times and they are still sticking to it and happy with it

@rdst_1

Not sure about direct downloads as i rarely do them on my iPad. But i frequently do torrenting on it using iTranmission and it does run fine in background. In fact yesterday my iPad was on for like 10+ Hours with iTransmission ON entire time downloading torrents. I had setup something like 4+ GB of torrents to download.

@rdst_1

Not sure about direct downloads as i rarely do them on my iPad. But i frequently do torrenting on it using iTranmission and it does run fine in background. In fact yesterday my iPad was on for like 10+ Hours with iTransmission ON entire time downloading torrents. I had setup something like 4+ GB of torrents to download.

I am pretty sure you need to be jailbroken for that. When I had the iPad 4 the jailbreak wasn't out so I had to switch to Android.
Also there are quite a few other scenarios like the one related to copying files over Wi-Fi that require true multitasking.

Jail breaking does help a lot and makes the devices more productive but it is a gamble to keep waiting for the jailbreak to be released. I sold my iPad 4 and the very next day the jailbreak was released.

We people now ****ing never care about this dumb articles :D ... i have a lot of friends who still use galaxy s /s2 & have flashed custom roms more than atleast 50 times and they are still sticking to it and happy with it

I am still using Galaxy S. Used to flash a ROM 10 times / day (was developing a ROM back then). Now, flash a new ROM per week and explore features, tweak it, customize it. I am happy with it :) Okay, my phone can't handle heavy games, but who cares? :p

Back