Apple MacBook Pro 15" 2010 Core i5, 4GB, 330M GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keane 16

Skilled
So the screen on my old laptop went kaput, and I was forced to buy a new laptop. After a fair bit of consideration, I decided to go in for the 15" 2010 MacBook Pro (the one that retails for $1799+tax) with the Intel i5, nvidia 330M GT etc. While my new laptop was in transit, I finally found the time to actually go to an Apple store and compare the 13" and 15" MBPs side-by-side, and immediately started to regret my decision to order the 15" when I realized I needed the portability of the 13" much more than I needed the power of the 15".

Now ideally, I would have ordered the laptop at the Apple store, and I could just walk in the next day and exchange the 15" for a 13" instead, but I decided to save myself some money and got the thing from Ebay(no 10% sales tax) for ~$1750. The seller I got it from has a 99.7% positive feedback rating, has sold a ton of Apple computers and is officially a "Top Rated Seller".

Now I have final exams over the next week, and desperately need a laptop so I will be using the new MBP – since I don’t have the time to sell this one off, or to order another one and wait for it to come.
So I thought I would use this one for the time being, and sell it off when I got back home.

The MBP is still sealed as of right now(9th May, 6.30pm), and I'll finally be opening it in the next half hour - and will update the thread with pictures when I do. The MBP comes with official worldwide one year Apple warranty - which any Apple store can validate using the serial number of the laptop, which is officially registered with Apple. The only invoice I have is the Ebay seller’s invoice. I will reach Delhi on the 18th or 19th, so the laptop will be used for only about 8 days. And obviously, I will take super good care of it.

I could probably make a decent little profit on the sale seeing as the price difference between the US and India is more than 30k, but I’m going to sell it off for what I paid for it, and pick up a 13†MBP when I head back to college in August. I don’t really have to sell this off, but if I can, I'd rather get the 13†one. I think it's a great deal for anyone who was planning to buy a Mac, since you save around 30k compared to the India price for the 15" or pay 7k more than the base 13" model to get a 15" screen, an i5 processor and a 330M GT. :)

-The price is absolutely firm. Do not post/PM any offers. It is NOT NEGOTIABLE.
-I’d really really prefer to deal with trusted old TE members.
-Please PM me if you have any questions about the warranty, condition, etc. I tried to be as clear as possible in my post, but I'm sure I still missed something.
-The buyer will be responsible for shipping - I will ship it using the courier of your choice - and on my end I will be responsible for packing it well.

Apologies for the bad photos. Taken with my phone..

Cheers.

Full Tech Specs:

· 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache with Turbo Boost upto 2.93GHz

· 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB

· 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit 1440x900 Glossy Screen

· 320GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive

· NVIDIA Geforce 330M GT graphics with 256MB GDDR3 Memory

· 8x double-layer slot loading SuperDrive(DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

· Precision aluminum unibody enclosure

· Preinstalled Mac OS X and iLife

· Built-in iSight video camera, stereo speakers, and omnidirectional microphone

· Built-in Gigabit Ethernet, AirPort Extreme 802.11n wireless networking, and Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)

· FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)

· MagSafe power port

· Mini DisplayPort

· Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)

· SD card slot

· Mini DisplayPort for connection to Apple LED Cinema Display; also supports DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI video output via adapters (sold separately)

· Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities

· Full-size backlit keyboard with ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness

· Optical digital audio input/audio line in and optical digital audio output/headphone out

· Built-in battery with up to 8-9 hours of wireless productivity

· Dimensions: 14.35" (W) x 0.95" (H) x 9.82" (D)

· Weight: 5.6 Pounds

am broke currently :ashamed::ashamed:...else would have taken it fa sure:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:...neways all the best wid the sale !!!:):)

You've got first dibs unless Ice wants it (only because I also know Ice, otherwise you'd obviously get bumped up). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back