Apple September Event Thread

Alright I told you what I look for. Now that u are a first hand user, tell me which of them does iPhone lacks? Asking it here just so that people who are looking for this kinda compared info will be benefitted.
OK, here is the list for you...this is purely based on iphone5 experience vs S4+ ...Again last 6 months i didnt use iphone 5 because of these issues and lying idle, even my kids are not touching it due to smaller screen size.
1. Battery sucks... and in LTE, its lot worse.
2. Screen size is very small, since steve said...phone should be only this much size :p Still i bought this to experience the so called user experience :)
3. File attachements in email app is ridiculous.
4. Last i remember, when you click the attachment, everytime it will re-download... I'm not sure whether they fixed this in recent updates.
5. multi-tasking was joke...
6. Smart dialer
7. Swift key (this is the most missing feature for me)
8. Tasker (very important for me)
These are the things which i remember now... will update more soon :). Again i'm not against apple... because i love ipad retina and i use that :)

Alright I told you what I look for. Now that u are a first hand user, tell me which of them does iPhone lacks? Asking it here just so that people who are looking for this kinda compared info will be benefitted.

See, it's good that we have choices right. No one can say that this is better or that is better period, because everyone uses their phones differently. As a user who can be termed as a power user, I would prefer Android. For someone who doesn't really care much about his choices, and is ready to use what is provided, an iPhone might be perfect, although an expensive option.
I, for one can't stand the option of not being able to select a default app of your own choice. You gave the option of Gmail having a better interface on iOs. Just open a webpage and select an email address from a contact us page. It will never open up in gmail. It will always go to the default email app. This alone is a reason good enough for many people to ditch an iPhone over a flagship android, even if it means suffering from micro lags. When I had an iPad 4, I spent around 1k in buying apps so I could get my iPad to stream content from my PC. Guess what, not one app could do it right which I had been doing for the last 2 years since the days of the S2, using ES File Explorer. My ordeal is already posted in a thread over here. I again had to ditch iOs and shift to Android and this coming from a guy who uses iTunes as his media player for the last 8 years.

So can we guys stop this bickering and come to the conclusion ( as we have many times before in threads like this) that it's good to have choices and no one environment is perfect and people can choose what they like.
Just like smnrock, I haven't had any app FC on me for quite some time now, unless there is a bug in the app itself and lazy developers just push out updates too quickly without proper testing. My phone has rebooted on it's own and times lagged severely, but that's due to me using Xposed tweaks to make the phone look the way I want it to look and that's a small price to pay for someone like me. Most of these issues can be taken care of easily by just clearing the cache from the recovery.
I had far more FCs on my jailbroken iPhone 4s but then again that's the price you pay for trying to tinker with a device when the manufacturer doesn't want you to.
/rant
/peace out

I dont know the name of Smart Dial, using this in my ancient Samsung Galaxy S I9000 from ages.
U need to type name of person in section where u type the number, actually few alphabets of name(which is actually number).

@rakesh_ic I bought Nexus 5 on day 1 when it was launched (in India, 20th November). And I have changed alot of roms, tons of kernels (not that stock sucked, just that I was looking for the sweet spot). I have never, ever got a FC on my Nexus 5 till today. I sure had it on my nexus 4 last year with some apps.

Tell me one good app (candy crush doesn't counts) which FC's. Name it. I have never played candy crush and I have heard alot of shit for it. Hate the fb notifications for the same as well, that's why I blocked it. I'm not fighting/trolling or anything here, actually happy that we can have some good conversations as you are a next Nexus bud here. I have used my nexus 5 to the fullest and I'm really really happy with it. Battery life aside (I'd love if next nexus atleast have a battery life similar to HTC M8 doesn't matter how much mAH it has).

This is just a myth abt UI/UE/UX abt iPhone being fantastic. I have used plenty to tell you general UI is much more smoother of a nexus 5 compared to iPhone 5S. My brother has iPhone 5S so does my Mamu. Even some friends and most of them used to argue with me saying nexus is shit. But after a month used, we used to have conversations abt the same , and they used to tell me how they bought iPhone just for the hype. They didn't knew shit. The general UI of iPhone 5S has minor lags, you can easily see it when scrolling through home screens. Many won't admit that, but it was just not me who noticed, there was some 5 more friends of mine who said the same when we were discussing the matter. No we weren't high/drunk. Now, let's talk about popular apps being Apple's so called "User experience". Facebook. It ****in' LAGS. Lags, big capital LAGS. Same with iPhone 5S, iPad and yes even in Nexus 5. Why is that? No it's not OS's fault, it's developers fault. This will remain the same no matter what OS you are gonna use. Be it windows/iOS/android.

Also, sure android is open-source but sometimes this works against Google. Galaxy phones gives android a bad name (because they are sold in millions units). They have skinned custom... blah blah blah, I'm sure you know the rest.

For the iPhone hardware, the same Ram comes to other smartphones, same HDD comes to other flagships, and Qualcomm's silicon can't be questioned.

^^^

POLARIS Office 5 when I try to open my magazines (3 out of 10 times)
MX Video Player when I play my 720p mkvs(4 or 5 out of 10 times)
:) :) Both Tapatalk normal and Techenclave app FC'ed on me couple of times.
VLC Remote.

Phone --> Note 3 N9005

And I never had any issue with facebook in my itouch, ipad air and my mothers iphone 5s. :)

I guess, it depends on different people and different perceptions as someone said above. Its all about choices and likes. If one have money go for Note octagon or Xiaomi 10000zz or Iphone 34 etc. This arguments are getting really boring. As no one is ever correct. Everyone just defends the device in their hand or likes.

I never know what my allegiance is. Getting tired using all the mobile OSes. Wish I could stay on one and be a total fanboi. But for me...

When it comes to Tablet OS, Windows Tablets and its tiles just makes sense. Its simply what its supposed to be. But their apps sucks. Admit it and move on.

When it comes to quality of application and a stable OS nothing will ever ever beat iDevices. None of my iDevice is yet to crash and app on me or restart or hang or anything. All my windows and android devices done that at least few times.

When it comes to tinkering nothing can beat my android devices. I hate iTunes with a vengeance. The convenience of using my 128GB card in my note 3, or using a nice file manager or changing the OS to get a new feel.

So what can I do?. Hoard all of em and engage in pointless debates with random users. :D

Last edited:
@rakesh_ic I bought Nexus 5 on day 1 when it was launched (in India, 20th November). And I have changed alot of roms, tons of kernels (not that stock sucked, just that I was looking for the sweet spot). I have never, ever got a FC on my Nexus 5 till today. I sure had it on my nexus 4 last year with some apps.

Tell me one good app (candy crush doesn't counts) which FC's. Name it. I have never played candy crush and I have heard alot of shit for it. Hate the fb notifications for the same as well, that's why I blocked it. I'm not fighting/trolling or anything here, actually happy that we can have some good conversations as you are a next Nexus bud here. I have used my nexus 5 to the fullest and I'm really really happy with it. Battery life aside (I'd love if next nexus atleast have a battery life similar to HTC M8 doesn't matter how much mAH it has).

This is just a myth abt UI/UE/UX abt iPhone being fantastic. I have used plenty to tell you general UI is much more smoother of a nexus 5 compared to iPhone 5S. My brother has iPhone 5S so does my Mamu. Even some friends and most of them used to argue with me saying nexus is shit. But after a month used, we used to have conversations abt the same , and they used to tell me how they bought iPhone just for the hype. They didn't knew shit. The general UI of iPhone 5S has minor lags, you can easily see it when scrolling through home screens. Many won't admit that, but it was just not me who noticed, there was some 5 more friends of mine who said the same when we were discussing the matter. No we weren't high/drunk. Now, let's talk about popular apps being Apple's so called "User experience". Facebook. It ****in' LAGS. Lags, big capital LAGS. Same with iPhone 5S, iPad and yes even in Nexus 5. Why is that? No it's not OS's fault, it's developers fault. This will remain the same no matter what OS you are gonna use. Be it windows/iOS/android.

Also, sure android is open-source but sometimes this works against Google. Galaxy phones gives android a bad name (because they are sold in millions units). They have skinned custom... blah blah blah, I'm sure you know the rest.

For the iPhone hardware, the same Ram comes to other smartphones, same HDD comes to other flagships, and Qualcomm's silicon can't be questioned.
As I have been saying time and again, I am a droid user from the time of sgs and I still am. I haven't been talking about nexus 5 being laggy but there have been plenty of times that I have seen many apps like Google maps, candy crush, rarely fb, Viber crashing on me. The issue is not that these are crashing because of android, its that these are housed by android and iOS seems to be (I am not a regular iOS user and so can't be 100% sure here) doing pretty well with these apps. Its the Eco system they provide make these apps rigid and make them less bug free. Its not possible on an open source os.

^all the 3 apps you mentioned i use heavily and regularly... I don't remember seeing any FC... As i said in some other thread, in my 6 month ownership of s4+, I've restarted my phone once or twice only... That was for sim change after I got lumia 1020... This itself enough, how stable is android!

I dont know the name of Smart Dial, using this in my ancient Samsung Galaxy S I9000 from ages.
U need to type name of person in section where u type the number, actually few alphabets of name(which is actually number).
This is T9, every basic phone has except premium apple iPhone... Same for sms delivery report... Yeah they are happy with imessage...

And I never had any issue with facebook in my itouch, ipad air and my mothers iphone 5s. :)

Was liking the civilized debate we all were starting, but if someone is gonna come here and outright lie that facebook scrolling is smooth.

I'm out, later.

^all the 3 apps you mentioned i use heavily and regularly... I don't remember seeing any FC... As i said in some other thread, in my 6 month ownership of s4+, I've restarted my phone once or twice only... That was for sim change after I got lumia 1020... This itself enough, how stable is android!
Lucky you. But that doesnt mean, they dont crash at all. Anyways, there is no point to prove here. So I am leaving this here.

I have seen many apps like Google maps, candy crush, rarely fb, Viber crashing on me.

Apart from candy crush, other apps never crashed for me. Try the same apps in safe mode and if you get the same crash , then and then only it means it's android which is at fault.

Apart from candy crush, other apps never crashed for me. Try the same apps in safe mode and if you get the same crash , then and then only it means it's android which is at fault.
As I said they are random crash (annoying but living with them), I never felt like having to be too concerned. But as we were trying to figure out the differences, I had mentioned it here.

I have seen some dialers that has this for iPhone. Will they not work?
So far i never tried any other dialer than native one in any phones!

Incidentally the apps you guys mention here as FC's are regularly used by me due the my current situation... Since my family moved to new place, we extensively use viber for voip communicating back to home and similarly Google maps to find out the routes...

Was liking the civilized debate we all were starting, but if someone is gonna come here and outright lie that facebook scrolling is smooth.

I'm out, later.

Yea. I lied. Didn't see how I never faced a lag on my device is a lie.Oh wait.

One more fun post from FB, sorry guys this is only for people who knows Tamil :)
uploadfromtaptalk1410410914379.jpg

Last edited:
Back