Apple September Event Thread

Whatever you choose there will be some compromises involved.
We just have to balance our expectations with our aspirations. And iphone is an aspirational device. Esp in india. And so is any other device for that matter that makes us feel good about it, when we have it on us.
It may be about the feel of the device, the marketing or the simple arrogant fact that many of us cannot afford to have it.
We all wear denims, and many of us choose levis or diesel or a known brand. Maybe they have an improved fit, better design, fabrics whatever. But is that pair of diesel worth the 8 times cost of a say jean pair by john players.? Maybe it is, if it makes you feel good.
So an iphone might require three taps to switch on the wifi and a htc m8 might have only a 4 mp camera. Still people buy them because they are willing to put up with the compromises.

I remembered that i got lumia 800 when it first launched around 3 yrs back. Paid quite a packet for a phone that even lacked the basic features of a smartphone. Still i lovd the design of the phone so much that i was willing to put up with the compromises on offer.
The best compliment i can give to an iphone is that it actually does most of the work competently. It is not vfm. Iphone 4s at 20k sounds horrendous but a loyal crazy apple fan will take it over a moto x or xiaomi mi4 anyday.
Oh and i have smart dialler on my iphone.

P.s. Via cydia

Yea... But why should I use 3rd party app for basic requirement? Also we cannot replace original dialer with this... So painful to use!
Oh so there is no way that you can save this 3rd party dialer as default? I donno if we can replace the apps in bottom (static) bar to have this third party dialer instead of the default one

I caller is a separate app. And moreover it is a paid.
Handy caller (free tweak) integrates with the inbuilt Dialer seamlessly. Win win situation for snobby ios users. ;)

TiWwTLa.jpg

Noob question here - I have been reading about Cydia lately. As per my knowledge you need a jailbreak to use cydia to customize your inbuilt apps. Is it possible to remove the jailbreak without voiding the warranty in case you need it? Will jailbreaking void apple warranty in the first place?

Oh so there is no way that you can save this 3rd party dialer as default? I donno if we can replace the apps in bottom (static) bar to have this third party dialer instead of the default one
Yes, that you can do... But you dial and disconnect, it will return back to native dialer...

Noob question here - I have been reading about Cydia lately. As per my knowledge you need a jailbreak to use cydia to customize your inbuilt apps. Is it possible to remove the jailbreak without voiding the warranty in case you need it? Will jailbreaking void apple warranty in the first place?
You can.

(And also Apple India hardly cares about JB, fckers not even clever enough to find out sometimes)[DOUBLEPOST=1410455788][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sighh.. returns back to native?? hmm thats annoying
When you remove Cydia, installed apps are also removed, cos they cannot run without Cydia. If you are programmer, think of Cydia as a framework.

Going ot here

^its an old tweak i installed from cydia called battsaver. Allows you to control radios independently and to sync with the screen timeout period. So you can set your phone to switch off 3g when the screen is locked. Also you can specify the delay to bring it on once you unlock the phone.
Something similar to what sony have been doing to their android phones over the past couple of years. The tweak comes in handy when you are travelling and the phone is trying to latch onto multiple stations causing battery drain. Dont really use it. It does have that ugly logo but never bothered me much.

@rakesh
No problems with jb. You can undo/redo whatever you want. No problem with jb and indian warranty.( atleast i have not faced any). And if you decide to go the tweak way of smart dialler there is no funny jumping back into the main app or vice versa.

@smnrock
Dude i was just about to say this. The same tweak ie handy dialler has the "vibrate on answer" as an option. Ofcourse you will need a jb :). I really applaud the dev to make something so useful yet free for the community.

Please some one ask the very innovative company to include the very basics yet useful thing. JB is not something everyone would want to do after paying hefty premium:(

Oh come on, no phone can be perfect. And what might seem useful to you might not be relevant at all to another user.
What irks me the most is when users pick random features and start comparing apples to oranges

How many of android users on this forum have unrooted stock phones. ?Very few i think. And it is only in 4.3 that google itself introduced smart dialling in the dialler app,although some oem's like HTC did pioneer it. . It is only after the recent builds that android phones have become usable oob, and it is no more neccessary to trim the fat or laddle it on.
Still most users(again speaking of the technically enabled) still root their phones for various purposes: my favorite being " de-sensing" or "no-sense" android builds.

It is for this very reason that community exists. To complement the existing feature set of your phone if you are not entirely satisfied with it.

I have the htc style smart dialling on my phone, and even the knock code tweak is beautifully done on my phone.

And if you still argue that every mom,dad and friend is not going to jb or root their phone, I say give them the iphone for a few weeks. They will most likely keep it even with all the shortcomings. After all they are the target pop for the iOS devices.

Back