Apple to relaunch 8GB version of iPhone 4 in India

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Apple is set to relaunch the 8GB version of the iPhone 4 in the Indian market after losing sales and market share in the middle segment to rival Samsung in the last quarter after pulling out the model as part of a global strategy.

The US company, pressing hard to raise its market share in India, will price the device at around 15,000 through buyback and EMI schemes.

Source

Dumping refurbs in 3rd world country ? :mad:

How about lowering the price of the iphone's that they have already launched .This strategy might be unheard but it might just work. They import them declaring it to be 25k a piece yet sell them for 53k+

3rd world country dumping ground. FU Apple.

Btw iPhone 4 is still a very good phone for casual smartphone users. It will handle most of the things well and give you very good battery life. But 8GB is just so less with no expandable memory. And remember that iPhone 4 would mostly be always jailbreakable.

Single core phone and mere 8Gb Memory.. 15k :D 4s 16Gb for 20k will be too great ( I know i am asking much)
Does India looks like a Dump yard to apple? BTW the same 15k here costs just $200 in US.

Single core phone and mere 8Gb Memory.. 15k :D 4s 16Gb for 20k will be too great ( I know i am asking much)
Does India looks like a Dump yard to apple? BTW the same 15k here costs just $200 in US.

Memory (as in diskpace) comparison is fine, Cores and RAM is not a thing one should compare when the OSes are different. With single core and 512MB RAM, iPhone 4 still plays many games flawlessly compared to other OS with same RAM/Core. The OS is different and optimized for the resources.

When it comes to optimization, iOS is still very much usable on iPhone 4 - a ~3.5 years old device. For a typical Whatsapp-Facebook-Candycrush user it is capable phone. Though 15K might sound bit high but price it at 10-12k range and all those MMX and sons will be in stiff competition. On flip side, looking at brand perspective angle, Apple is considered a premium brand. Pricing its' product cheap might hurt this perspective.

That's around 12.5k without taxes. If you import it to India you'll end up paying 7% in customs and around Rs. 600 in shipping. Makes it ~14k!

Don't be surprised when you see queues of noobs waiting to get their hands on this phone to look cool. I'm sure the phone will sell out fast. :|

Honestly, if i were to get a phone for my parents, i would get them this.

My dad struggles with technology. In laptop only things he knows is how to operate Tally and his other society account software and how to play solatire. He had never used a smart phone or touchscreen device before but i got him an iPhone 3GS and he can operate it without any issues. He himself learned how to use whatsapp and google maps in it.
For him the bigger on screen buttons and simplicity of the OS (iOS 5.1.1 version) is working fine.

Back