Apple to relaunch 8GB version of iPhone 4 in India

How can you say that ? Apple be thy God and iOS, thy Bible !
Look at the offers for sellers
http://bgr.in/news/apple-to-relaunch-iphone-4-8gb-in-india-for-rs-22900/

That clearly suggests they have left over inventory..

Apple’s distributors are giving a scheme to retailers where it will give 10 free iPhone 4 8GB for every 100 units they buy. This, sources say, could give more margin for retailers to lower the price of the iPhone 4 8GB to around Rs 20,000.

So, what exactly is the problem here as long as they honor the warranty? It isn't like they are selling faulty units here...There is a demand in India for cheaper iphones so it makes sense to take stock from other developed countries where they're not selling as much and sell it here.

Yup 23k for an outdated phone.

Definitely cheap. U get 5c for 10k more with warranty...

So, what exactly is the problem here as long as they honor the warranty? It isn't like they are selling faulty units here...There is a demand in India for cheaper iphones so it makes sense to take stock from other developed countries where they're not selling as much and sell it here.

It could very well be factory refurbs of iPhone 4 which was returned by their old customers on contracts for a new iPhone 5s. Can't be genuinely new imo, since foxconn probably discontinued producing them months ago.

It could very well be factory refurbs of iPhone 4 which was returned by their old customers on contracts for a new iPhone 5s. Can't be genuinely new imo, since foxconn probably discontinued producing them months ago.

I think i read that they are selling left over stock and not the refurbs or anything. It's like they are collecting all the iPhone 4 from world over where the stock is still there and dumping in India to be sold.

I think i read that they are selling left over stock and not the refurbs or anything. It's like they are collecting all the iPhone 4 from world over where the stock is still there and dumping in India to be sold.

I have doubts on that though.
Even if they are unused stock, then the iOS version on those phones will be the old one. Why will they go to trouble of opening every sealed box and putting new iOS version on it? Waste of time and they will have to pay people to do that job.

what was the manufacturing cost of these 99$ ????? :p
Every iPhone costs $180- $210 to build.
I have doubts on that though.
Even if they are unused stock, then the iOS version on those phones will be the old one. Why will they go to trouble of opening every sealed box and putting new iOS version on it? Waste of time and they will have to pay people to do that job.
I have to think from your perspective also. Clearly looks to me as if they have left over inventory. Apple wouldn't spoil its reputation by selling refurbished pieces instead they can be given to the one's who claim warranty. :)

That's 10k dude! Almost 50% more in cost.[DOUBLEPOST=1390281988][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't think Apple would sell factory refurbs as new. They have a reputation to protect. The media would give them hell if they ever tried that...Also, it might be illegal to do so unless clearly mentioned.

Well i'd buy a 4s instead of that 5c crap. I have experienced it. Worst model in terms of feel and looks[DOUBLEPOST=1390320678][/DOUBLEPOST]Meanwhile if anyone wants a 16GB iphone 4. here's a sweet deal HURRY! ( 22.5k)

Last edited:
Good it is being phased out. I would still buy iPhone 4 as I can work with it, but not at the price they are asking. Also 8GB..seriously ?
Btw iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 and jailbroken is really awesome to use (for me).

Back