Apple to relaunch 8GB version of iPhone 4 in India

If its 13K, shut up and take my money.

Where do you see the 13k price tag? It's 15k.
Also, now it's a real competition. Moto G or iPhone 4 :p iPhone with 6.1.2 still works flawlessly. Don't even think for a second to update it to iOS 7. You will feel you are using a shitty Micromax garbage. Please just don't. It's a very good strategy from Apple I would say and iPhone 4 is a very good deal for 15k. I won't even start with iShit/crap for this price range, it's perfect. Though 53k for iPhone 5S? Please.

Where do you see the 13k price tag? It's 15k.
Also, now it's a real competition. Moto G or iPhone 4 :p iPhone with 6.1.2 still works flawlessly. Don't even think for a second to update it to iOS 7. You will feel you are using a shitty Micromax garbage. Please just don't. It's a very good strategy from Apple I would say and iPhone 4 is a very good deal for 15k. I won't even start with iShit/crap for this price range, it's perfect. Though 53k for iPhone 5S? Please.

How do you know its 15K?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on the 5S being uber expensive.

And yes from what i have read, if you have 4 on pre-iOS 7 you are better off on that rather than updating to iOS 7.
With jailbreak available it is a very good device and JB just makes the experience a lot delightful.

It says around 15K.
And I said "if" its 13 k. take my money, I didnt say it was 13k.

PS: Your post seems to be edited by a moderator. I wonder what you originally wrote. :p

Ofcourse it will come with IOS 7... When my Iphone 4 had issue, i gave it to apple store and specifically told them not to update with that shitty OS... But when i got my replacement, i got it with IOS 7... The Worst part is it is not degradeable to IOS 6... :(

Apple is indeed relaunching the iPhone 4 in India as reported earlier this week. However, Apple has priced the smartphone, which was launched in 2010 and discontinued a couple of months ago, at an MRP of Rs 22,900 and not Rs 15,000, BGR India has learnt from sources at Apple’s distributor partners.
The iPhone 4 has been discontinued globally after the launch of the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S. Prior to the discontinuation, Apple was retailing it at an MRP of Rs 26,900, implying a price cut of Rs 4,000 with the reintroduction. As things stand right now, there is no official word about any buyback scheme on the iPhone 4, which could lower its price to the Rs 15,000 mark that was reported earlier.

UPDATE: Apple’s distributors are giving a scheme to retailers where it will give 10 free iPhone 4 8GB for every 100 units they buy. This, sources say, could give more margin for retailers to lower the price of the iPhone 4 8GB to around Rs 20,000.

Apple would never dilute its brand value and one should not have expected even an old model like the iPhone 4 8GB at Rs 15,000. However, Apple could bring down the price further by giving EMI schemes like the one it has just introduced for the iPad mini today.

The EMI scheme on the iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB in India comes with a downpayment of Rs 4,999 and 18 EMIs of Rs 1,055 each. Apple would provide a cashback at the end of 18 months that would cover the interest and taxes levied on the EMI and then some more

Source

Apple's just being lazy. If they want to capture some portion's of Mid Range market segment, they should get serious and design a new product. Probably something like, with iphone 5C's shell with 4s like hardware which can run iOS 7 comfortably and yet be economically viable for them and more importantly easily distinguishable from the premium 5s or even 4s (4s build/look still is quite good when compared with competition).

Apple has never been a kind of company which will give you VFM but they won't sell you an inferior product either. Even though they charge more price for it but if you do pick it up you can be sure it will give you an equivalent (or more that's debatable :) ) user experience which is be offered by any competitor in similar or lesser price range.

But as others noted, ioS 7 user experience on iphone 4 is not up to the mark. In fact WP8 handsets will give you a better experience than iphone4 with ios7 and they will cost the same or less. I guess, Steve's philosophies are slowly fading away from Apple :(

Back