Apple Unveils iPhone 5 ,4" Display , 7.6mm thick , 2x faster Processor & More

Being a Apple fan myself I was a bit disappointed with iPhone 4S and same with the newer release of iPhone 5. Yes its big and sleek and it runs iOS 6 but i wanted it to be bigger, faster and I wanted something new and radical like the Facetime or the Retina display. I am not really a fan of Android. But seriously I feel Google has done good enough Job with the android OS over the years to make it feel better. Apple is just dragging it now. iOS 5 was good. Liked the improvements. iOS 6 is not. What do we have Panorama. I have that $hit on my 4 from the very first day. Apple maps are good for US only. And so is the passes app or whatever they call that as it will be of no use to me. They still haven't opened the iTunes Music store for India so making all these work for India seems like a pretty herculean task. Moreover everything which iOS 6 offers works pretty well with a little tweaking on my iPhone 4.

I will keep using my iPhone 4 till the time it dies(Still feels spanking new even after being 2.5 years old) or till the time I see something radical. Apple have the best tablet as of now. Their phone is just not there. If I have had cash to spend I would pickup either a S3 or an One X or maybe a nexus(hopefully that would be cheaper) but not an iPhone. Its an inferior phone as compared to the others as of now.

hahahah rofl !!! check the video @ 3:40 :lol: :rofl:

Selling your privacy over 'SIRI' that took the cake for me =].

After seeing the original launch video for the iPhone 5 and the drivel they spouted about it, I felt this was the best cool off I could get. Sorry Apple a lot of your revolutionary features are present in my Sony Xperia Go

Wow. I didn't know that iPhone 5 was lighter than the S3. Now Samsung cant give the lightness excuse for them to not use premium materials. However the S3 and S2 are much more capable of handling falls due to the exact same plasticky materials. Both my S2 and S3 had suffered from quite a fall and both emerged completely unscathed. My S2 was thrown at me by my Dad in anger but there wasn't any visible damage on it. I shiver at the thought of what would have happened had he thrown my 4s.

its fun seeing fanboys pissed off for such small reasons. they must be leading really boring lives to get infuriated at anything anti apple. just look at their mentality. if something's not there, its termed immature or totally unneeded. and they're saying plastic is heavier than glass and aluminium. technically speaking the galaxy s3 is heavier because of the larger battery. probably logic and fanboys dont gel together. talk about being blinded by faith!

Not sure how good of a benchmark GeekBench is but:
Android-Benchmarks.gif

Not sure how good of a benchmark GeekBench is but:
Android-Benchmarks.gif

This is from macrumors.com and The MacRumours source admits there is a chance the results are faked.So please at least inform people of this fact.also there is ahuge difference in perf. btw the nexus 7 and htrc onex when they both use the same tegra 3 soc ?even if the proccy is clocked up higher in nexus,the results are.... well not trustworthy,not to me.also it says a6 soc is only dual cored?if so ,that must be some kind of joke from apple,and another thing over at hexus they say a6 is just a heavily modifed a9 core,then its like qualcomm's offerings.we all know,you can't beat a quad a9 with a dual a15 ,atleast not in multithreaded apps see : Geekbench: iPhone 5 vs HTC One X - xda-developers

I remember reading an article on Anandtech where the author thinks that the A6 is a modified ARM dual core just like the Krait are. The Krait gives similar performance to A9 quad cores and still gives decent enough battery life.
According to the author he will be able to tell more when he gets the phone in hand, this friday but looking at the instruction set supported by the processor of the new iPhone there are very high chances of it being just a dual core with a new architecture designed by Apple, something along the lines of what was done by Qualcomm quite successfully with the Krait. Results in a better battery life with increase in performance.

^^I think all phones will have their BOM total far less than the actual selling price. It is not specific to iPhone. Just because it is a sought after product the analysts tend to take this BOM and all that.

@raksrules See, I wasn't trying to infer anything from that info. Just stumbled across the info and shared it here. The fact is electronics parts cost very much less and most of the revenue of any phone goes to mainly R&D ( otherwise, the engineers wouldn't get paid much :p ) and marketing not just BOM. But what is obscene is that the production cost diff between a $300 phone and a $700 phone from the same vendor is probably a mere $20-$30. They should give all the smart phones (mainstream or high end) the same core specs and differentiate the price with only design and features.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before Diwali...

- - - Updated - - -

I remember reading an article on Anandtech where the author thinks that the A6 is a modified ARM dual core just like the Krait are. The Krait gives similar performance to A9 quad cores and still gives decent enough battery life.
According to the author he will be able to tell more when he gets the phone in hand, this friday but looking at the instruction set supported by the processor of the new iPhone there are very high chances of it being just a dual core with a new architecture designed by Apple, something along the lines of what was done by Qualcomm quite successfully with the Krait. Results in a better battery life with increase in performance.

Here is the Link
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/15/BBB-apple-iphone-5-a6-custom-soc-1-gb-ram/

Back