Apple will start building iPhones in India by April end

Do you think iPhone will be priced on Par with its US pricing?

• Yes.. They would. What's the use of Make in India?

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • No.. They will avail sops, reduce import cost,rip indians and take away profits

Votes: 36 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So there's some iPhone ads currently on TV (about some picture capture mode) and I chuckle when I see these ads clearly made for the singapore/malaysia/hongkong region and they don't bother to Indian-ise/localise them for us. Like the Subaru ad too. Indian market is too small for these brands to bother to make ads specifically targeting us.

So apart from some conspiracy theory of Govt being manipulated or taking kickbacks for allowing Apple in...how is this a bad thing?

On the surface it may not be bad at all. We will probably never know the details behind the tax sops. All this is really immaterial to us common folk. All i want to know is why people think Apple products are going to get cheaper because they're manufactured here. One of the biggest attributes of an apple device is it's exclusivity, which is really just due to it's high(er than regular brands) price.

Apple cuts iPhone prices by upto 7.5%; passes on GST benefit to consumers

Apple has also reduced the price of iPhone SE, the entry level phone made by Wistron Corp in Bengaluru. These phones have been priced at Rs 6,000 for a 32 GB model to Rs 35,000 for 128 GB version, lower by 4-6 percent than previous prices. Experts say that manufacturers choosing to assemble devices locally in India benefit from around 12 per cent in savings. However, Apple has been known to maintain a price parity among devices it sells globally.

Source:http://www.business-standard.com/article/printer-friendly-version?article_id=117070100684_1

Back