Are CSE and IT same for B.E./B.Tech.?

Dishant996

Disciple
Hey there, techies... I'm looking forward to pursue engg. In Technical field.. Like every other jee aspirant, i didn't get IIT, but i'm getting CSE in avg college in my hometown, and IT in best college of my hometown, i will pursue M.Tech. Later.. I'm getting Oriental for IT and some avg collg for cse, i belong to bhopal, m.p. Thnx in advance!

CSE and IT course are pretty much the same. Also one can even say that the IT course is better in many ways.

What you need to look at is how the IT campus placements compared to CSE are in that college. Some tech companies hire CSE students only.

But if you don't care about placements choose the better college

i think i'm not sure about m.tech., what should be the choice then?

Try to get hold of placement statistics for the previous year in that college. You need to get in touch with someone there.

If you see that IT students are getting decent placements go with that college. I would say go for the better college you will get more exposure and more opportunities.

CS and IT are 90% same subject wise. But CS is more programming oriented as well as the companies who needs proper programmers look for CS students. Its the branch with core of programming rather than IT, jack of all trades.

Back