Are These Prices Justified (At Hyderabad) ...

seshu

Adept
Please give your opinions on below prices

1 processor intel i3 2100 --> Rs. 6475

2 motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P-B3 --> Rs. 2860

3 RAM DDR3 4GB Corsair XMS3 [CMX4G3M1A1600C9] --> Rs. 1545

4 cabinet CM elite 335U + PSU corsair cx430 --> Rs. 4665

5 GPU sparkle geforce 210 DDR3 [AGP] 1GB --> Rs. 1900

6 UPS APC 700VA --> Rs. 3100

7 keyboard + mouse Logitech MK200 --> Rs. 650

thanks in advance

The prices are in line with the recent hike in prices and the appreciation of $ vis-a-vis. the Rupee.

On a secondary note what is the intended use of the PC, the budget for the same as well as why are you buying an AGP card for this PC?

Thank You friends . #ALPHA17 , it is mainly for learning graphics (photoshop ..) ; have Dell ST2410 monitor ..

^^ Then instead of going for a nVidia GT 210, go for the nVidia Quadro FX 600 ~ 6500/- [last checked in Bangalore a month ago]. The Quadro cards are much better for productivity applications like Photoshop and MAYA.

Also if possible try to accommodate the Intel DH67-BL ~ 5800/-, motherboard in your budget.

Tell us your budget and we'll suggest you a RIG. Cheers!! and hope this helped.

All prices seems fine except5 [font=arial, sans-serif]UPS APC 700VA --> Rs. 3100. My friend bought 600VA APC for 2000 4 days back.Infact when i enquired the same with the shop guy he said its 2100. However i am not sure a 100 VA increase would increase price this much.[/font]

^^ #gursud, Sire it greatly depends on which type of UPS OP is going for and even then, the pricing is on the fair side, for a APC Back-UPS 650VA ~ 2600/- [this is the average cost for this UPS in Bangalore for almost 2 years now].

I bought an APC Back-UPS 550VA ~ 1900/-, one-and-half year back.

sadly my budget is very limited this time - thank you @ALPHA
<

UPS is overpriced. I recently purchased 600VA UPS for 1.8k (ahh, don't remember the brand but it was the best. I know that brand but can't rememorize it :/)

I dont know if its me but i have a sparkle Geforce 8400 and it heats to 61 on idle . Suggest changing the company of GFX.

IMO you can cut back in Cabinet and PSU and get a better GFX. The cabinet never heats up that much even if it heats you can easily fit in a new fan which is much less costly . The PSU is overkill it is a 12v-28A AFAIK but you will need only 18A . But if you give the top most priority to safety then take the cabinet and psu combo.

#challapradyumna better to be safe than sorry with the SMPS, also OP might add a decent graphics card later down the line and more hard drives so I think he is fine with a slightly larger capacity SMPS.

Also on your problem the GeForce 8400, Sire is your model cooled actively OR passively, also this might be a manufacturing defect, try to remove your card from your setup and observe if the heat-sink is sitting flush with the GPU chip, my MSi HD 5770 was a victim of such crude machinations [there was a gap and the heat-sink and GPU chip weren't in contact], used to go upto ~ 105 degrees [died after 3 months RMA-ed].

IMO, the onboard HD2000 is as good as the 210 for learning, unless you are doing some gaming/professional stuff, etc.

Sorry the HD 2000 is a very poor IGP system, if you are running applications like Autodesk MAYA OR Adobe Photoshop, prepare for long lags and the panning of the subjects in the MAYA view-ports coincides with massive lag and graphical artifacts [other view-port display is garbled, gymbal (that tri-arrow thingy) gets corrupted]. In my opinion OP is better of with a basic display adapter [from nVidia preferable].

UPS is overpriced. I recently purchased 600VA UPS for 1.8k (ahh, don't remember the brand but it was the best. I know that brand but can't rememorize it :/)

APC Back-UPS RS-600VA IN in Delhi costs ~ 1850/- [not inclusive taxes], in Bangalore you get a 550VA model for the same price, so I think it depends on the state / city Sire where you purchase a product.

Hope this helps, Sire(s).Cheers!!

^^ Sorry wouldn't recommend that to him, he is better of with a proven product --> Corsair CX V2 430W is perfect and has longer connectors than any FSP OEM products as well the fact that it has higher rating makes it more future proof.

Pairing a 1600MHz RAm with a H61 board makes no sense at all. Just buy a lower priced 1333MHz module & be done with.

There's not much difference in the pricing of 1600mhz and 1333mhz,with 1600mhz module op will have advantage if he replaces the mobo or sells the ram in future,1600mhz will run as 1333mhz on h61/h67 mobos so there's no loss in getting 1600mhz ram at the cost of 2-300rs more than 1333mhz.

Secondly op is not going to get High-end gpu so there's no need to spend 4k or more on psu,Corsair cx430v2 is enough for op.

#Mukerjee-It'd been better if you'd got Seasonic s12ii 520w psu rather than cx600 it's better than corsairs builder series psu.

Back