Are touchscreen mobile fones sturdy enough for long BIKE rides (not drives) ?

Are touchscreen mobile fones sturdy enough for long BIKE rides (not drives) ?

Do they require extra care in high altitudes, low tempratures, rough terrain or you can just put them in your jeans pocket like traditional ones and forget them while riding?

I don't think touch screen phones require extra care while carrying them. Put them in case and then in your pocket. And don't forget to lock the screen. Thats it...you are good to go...

The only thing that you might take care of is the screen. Since it's big it's more prone to scratches than other phones in rough usage. Apart from that, at least I never heard of special care to touchscreen phones :)

There is absolutely no connection between a touch screen phone and being a rider. Being one myself I can vouch for touch screen phones, as I have been using them for the last 4 to 5 years.

My only advice, use a screen scratch guard and a phone case at all times. The sceen may not get damaged while riding, but if it falls, you are in for a really expensive replacement. The screen is generally the most costly part to get replaced.

I guess if your a rider you must be using gloves all the time so remember to get a screen which has a resistive screen and not capacitative. As you cannot operate a capacitative screen with gloves on.

Ive used O2 for quiet a while, there r no Issues while riding but the trouble comes when u have to send a msg or perform any operation using the touch facility... and thr are also chances for scratches on the screen...

Back