Are you getting addicted to any song(s)

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
I have very strong addictive personality traits. Since working from home for about 2 weeks, music is playing constantly in background ( mostly old thrash, 70s rock, grunge, alternative etc.)
Now I'm completely hooked to the REM classic Loosing my religion, and Astronomy ( the original BOC version, not the shitty Metallica cover).
Are you getting hooked to any song/ music in these strange times?
This one...what a terrific song. Why Metallica botched this piece of art?
Can someone please post a link of a live version with better audio?
I have the Secret Treaties CD, but the live version is absolutely amazing. Buck's solo in the live version is just out of the world.
This song was written more than 40 years ago...music just gotten worse since 70s, now we have people like Billie Eilish winning Grammies!!

Last edited:
I truly respect Jason, it was impossible to replace someone like Cliff ( who could shred on a 4 string bass!!)
It was the vocals and Kirk's wahwah drenched tone( he obviously couldn't play Buck's solo with a clean tone) that messed up the real creepy vibe of the song.
BTW, love Metallica.
Red Rider is really one of the most underrated bands. Love this song.
Post automatically merged:

My wife is still hooked to "You Oughta know"

Last edited:
Metallica's Garage Inc (Vol 1 and Vol 2) has some of the best recorded tones for vocals, drums, guitars, drums - and all the songs have become earworm for me.
I know it has become fashionable to bash Kirk Hammet, but all one needs to do is to listen to Creeping Death once again to realize that not many people can pull off a solo like that.

I am not bashing Kirk at all. Of course he is a great guitarist. But please listen to Buck`s and Kirk`s solo back to back, specially the tone.I would rather pick the solo in master of puppets to be the most difficult technically. There is a really high note in it where he slided the E string off the neck and fretting it on the pick-up (possibly accidental, but really cool)
The solos in Four Horsemen are impossible to play live ( In the album they double tracked and harmonized both beautifully)
Almost all Kirk solo are pretty technical and difficult to pull off live. I love him man, but he uses too much of wahwah.
But with all due respect to him, Buck Dharma belongs to a different league altogether. Even Mr. Jimmy Page acknowledged him as the best guitarist from US after Hendrix.
This was brilliant but the wah pedal just killed it
P.S I am not a lead guitar player, just the poor part time bass player in small bands but love to play the rhythm at times with a 7 stringer.

Last edited:
Browsing YouTube for random covers, found a gem ( possibly the worst cover of the CCR classic!!) Featuring my wife's twin sister and her husband!!
Though I'm not 100 percent sure, the guy I know is a clean cut corporate type, it can be very well be my wife and her ex ( who's a fantastic guy, but a very poor guitar player)
Though my wife is denying it vehemently, I have doubts
It's terrible...

Nah!! It's her sister and her boyfriend ( now husband)in Greece....there names are there too in the video. Shit!! Lost the lifetime opportunity to defend my shitty guitar playing abilities...

How to upload mp3s? I tried to recreate Loosing my religion with sampled drums, strings and a single acoustic guitar ( and eq-ed the hell out of it to sound like mandolin) in Ableton.

Last edited:

Arguably the heaviest band ever. Seeing them live was a transcendent experience.

Also this:

They were also massive live. Rock concerts are what I miss most due to corona.

Oh! Isis!! Love the band ( panopticon was superb!!) Never knew the names of the band members. Are you into post rock/ metal heavily?
Can you suggest some bands beside the obvious ones (Agalloch, COL, Russian circles etc.)

Oh! Isis!! Love the band ( panopticon was superb!!) Never knew the names of the band members. Are you into post rock/ metal heavily?
Can you suggest some bands beside the obvious ones (Agalloch, COL, Russian circles etc.)

Isis was incredible, i wish had resources to see their last farewell show in tribute to caleb scofeild which had an amazing live stream.

These are my favs, not seen any of them live though I've seen Lingua Ignota and The Body :

Seen these guys though:

Also

Last edited:
Incredible song from a band I sincerely believe was better than Floyd at their peak. I would sincerely request all Pink Floyd fans to listen King Crimson's first album ( specially the latest mastered one in highest possible quality, amazingly mixed and mastered by another great musician)

Last edited:
There are many versions of KC but they are definitely a more influential and imo better band than PF.

Last edited:
Isn't it A Perfect Circle song? Maynard's lyrics have always been top notch.
Wonder what goes on in his mind on a daily basis. How did he manage to live this long with all such messed up ideas?

Seems like there are very few people here who like this kind of music.
Nothing against pop/EDM etc. But you tend to get tired of them as most are very generic and sound similar.
After getting to know Ableton Live, listened to some EDM type music for 3-4 days and now I can tell the soft synths used in about 50 percent of popular EDM tracks.
But I still struggle to dial in some guitar tones of 70s bands with possibly the every major amp sim ( Amplitube/ Bias/ STL ones/ TH3/guitar rig 5 etc.). Should stop buying them ASAP and go back to regular hardware setup. It must be my technical inability. Some YouTubers have done very good with amp sims ( even free ones!!)

Last edited:
Isn't it A Perfect Circle song? Maynard's lyrics have always been top notch.

Maynard/APC covered it. These guys are the ogs and they all had issues with addiction which lead to the band breaking up for some time, but came back releasing great albums recently. I've seen them live and probably had the best guitar tones I've experienced.

Not really comparable but if I had to choose then I'd take Failure over Tool anyday.

Last edited:
Tool is somewhat overrated. But love Maynard's lyrics.
Wow!! That's a beautiful song.
Do you like Opeth, Katatonia? I've seen both live.

Back