Are you getting addicted to any song(s)

Old memories...

Btw, anyone notice how well this song could be mashed-up with another day in paradise?

Old memories...

Btw, anyone notice how well this song could be mashed-up with another day in paradise?
Phil Collins and Don Henley are arguably the two best singers/ drummers in history. Now Phil doesn't block anything and Henley is infamous YouTube blocker.
Phil is still relevant and coming back to radio/ charts with this, where Eagles have become synonymous with Hotel California only.
Power of internet!!

What's this about Don YouTube blocking?

The only other singer/drummer i know of is Karen Carpenter, who is no more sadly. Know any others?

What's this about Don YouTube blocking?

The only other singer/drummer i know of is Karen Carpenter, who is no more sadly. Know any others?
Dave Grohl comes to mind. Ringo Starr could sing, Roger Taylor too.
Some artists take the copyright thing too far, few seconds of their songs in a guitar tutorial/ mixing/ mastering training can be blocked by YouTube on their request.
Newer bands don't do it, mostly the mammoths of 70s/80s.
Queen/ ACDC/ Grateful Dead are very strict.

Last edited:
Watch and hear the live at Pompeii (1972) album by pink Floyd .
Especially "one of these days" and "echoes".
Maybe available on YouTube.
I remember buying the cassette way back in the late 80's .
And pink Floyd CD's rhythm house mumbai at 525 bucks a pop and buying their live double album "pulse" for 1100 back in the day .
This is the late 80's when CD's costed an arm and a leg .

Dave Grohl comes to mind. Ringo Starr could sing, Roger Taylor too.
Some artists take the copyright thing too far, few seconds of their songs in a guitar tutorial/ mixing/ mastering training can be blocked by YouTube on their request.
Newer bands don't do it, mostly the mammoths of 70s/80s.
Queen/ ACDC/ Grateful Death are very strict.
Damn how did i forget Dave Grohl, one of my favourite musicians. Foo is near the top of my list but qotsa is close to my favourite band.

Ok, now i understand the YouTube blocking.
Post automatically merged:

Watch and hear the live at Pompeii (1972) album by pink Floyd .
Especially "one of these days" and "echoes".
Maybe available on YouTube.
I remember buying the cassette way back in the late 80's .
And pink Floyd CD's rhythm house mumbai at 525 bucks a pop and buying their live double album "pulse" for 1100 back in the day .
This is the late 80's when CD's costed an arm and a leg .
Even in the mid 90s I've bought CDs from rhythm house for 600+ :cry:

Shedding a tear, not about the prices, but that place is no more. The entire feel of spending time in a record store is something else.

Mondegar these days doesn't quite have that old feel. Not sure if it's also because you're no longer sweating your pants off due to the ac.

How many (ex or current) South Bombay guys here?

Mondegar these days doesn't quite have that old feel. Not sure if it's also because you're no longer sweating your pants off due to the ac.

How many (ex or current) South Bombay guys here?

Never like to sit in that crappy AC section. I prefer it by the windows outside.

Been a few months since I was there last.

SoBo born & brought up :grinning:

Never like to sit in that crappy AC section. I prefer it by the windows outside.

Been a few months since I was there last.

SoBo born & brought up :grinning:

No, i don't mean the inner room. The main area has an air-curtain at the door and is air conditioned. This probably has lead to more tables and seating since the old days when it would get really stuffy with only the fans. I think it's over a year since i was there last.

Moved out of Colaba way back in 1997, then was back from around 2001 to 2003 till we sold the house and moved for good. But still keep going back to visit!

Thought it is Six pence none the richer's song. Beautiful, listen to the Six Pence version. The female singer has a strange vibe of pure innocence in her voice.

Anyone interested in the confusing topic of loudness and compressors...
The bald guy is a fountain of technical knowledge of mixing and mastering.
The compressors are already reducing the dynamics of music during production and most of the BTNC cans ( specially the Sony XM3/XM4) are applying another compressor in their DSP chains.
That's why the 1000xm4s are so freaking loud with abysmal dynamics.
Sennheiser is possibly the only manufacturer who are not doing this despite the constant criticism over relatively lower volume. Their sparse companion app is designed in a way, so that the user can't apply other software compressors hidden behind the EQs .
Sony knows and understands everything, as most consumers don't understand/ can't distinguish a heavily squished output from a gentle one.
The biggest problem are the YouTubers. Most reviewers don't know anything about the technicalities of music production or anything
about sound, I'm specially disappointed with MKBHD.
He thinks a boosted 8-10khz region makes the sound resolving.
There are knowledgeable people in YouTube ( like DMS, he works for Abyss)
Had a long video chat with Zeos last night and I tried my best to demonstrate him how to recreate the XM3/ XM4's output in NDH 20 using Sequoia ( a very good DAW) and izotope plugins ( mostly Neutron)
What Sony is doing with their BTNC cans ( only the Sound quality, everything else is extremely good, even the mics are decent in XM4) is not fair. Common people will gradually be satisfied with this coloured, compressed sound and mixer/ mastering engineers will become lazier ( a 8:1 compression, close to brick wall limiter and a bass, treble boosted eq, that's it!!)

Last edited:
Thought it is Six pence none the richer's song. Beautiful, listen to the Six Pence version. The female singer has a strange vibe of pure innocence in her voice.
It's the sixpence version I've listened to for years, recently discovered these guys wrote the original. So decided to give them some credit too.
But you're right, Leigh Nash is one of my favourite female singers. And their songs go so much beyond this one and kiss me. That guy is an amazing songwriter (and guitarist).

Btw, on the topic of compression, i had read these sometime back, maybe 1 or 2 years ago. Quite interesting. When people say new music is crap compared to oldies, it can actually be objectively quantified now! There's even a Wikipedia article on it. Hope you like reading a lot :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Death Magnetic and Californication are particularly unbearable. Don't really care about the first one, but the RHCP album was top notch content wise.
Heard/ read somewhere ( years ago) they may release a remastered version, don't know what happened to that.
Years back, someone in the famous russian torrent site uploaded a pre- mastered copy ( not sure about the authenticity) I still have it.
The commercially available CD is really bad.
Muse is another band notorious for brickwalled albums (every mixing mastering conference I've attended, someone brought up Muse, but somehow they always get away with it)

Back