Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel - Dicussion Thread

Completed the game yesterday and it wasn't really a short game, as Gannu made it out to be. In fact, it took us quite sometime to complete the title and with 49 chapters, I'd say the campaign was pretty good. The twist's outcome was predictable, but never expected. Loved the end chapters which really turned into a gruesome free-for-all battle between the Cartel and TWO members. I didn't expect the storyline to take such a heated turn, but it did have some intense moments between the characters.

I seem to have an inherent problem with the Frosbite engine 2 shooter titles (FPS and TPS). I can't seem to spot the enemies for some reason. In Battlefield 3, I would have to really focus on who was firing at me and it was only when I looked at the bullet spark, could I know which direction it was coming from. In this game, it was even worse, as the screen was split and the character models were really small, which made it that much more difficult to spot them. We had to rely on the auto-aim functionality to spot the enemies quickly. Thankfully, me and my brother with separate secondary weapon loadout. I would always have a sniper and he would have an SMG.

I did missed the fist-bump and back-2-back moments, but over-kill sort of compensated for it. On-rail sequences were really fun. I'm pretty sure there would be a sequel to this game. This is definitely worth a shot for Army of Two fans and co-op fans alike.

Nice. Will try it with my brother now. :D

@Ethan_Hunt, do you recommend this first or we should go over previous games first? I haven't played any Army of Two title yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed the game in co-op with my buddy. Highly enjoyed the game. Very fun for co-op. Finished in around 10 hours IIRC. Probably one of the best split screen co-op games I've ever played.

Easy 8/10.

Have you played the first 2 titles? If yes, then I guess it's worth a try. Though, I'd say save up and grab Dragon's Dogma instead.

Damn! purchased it.:( Nope never played any of its series.It was available for 60% off. Will get dragons dogma surely after I have dealt with other lengthy rpg's.:D I needed a quick game for a change.

Last edited:
I don't know why this game got such low points by the reviewers. Infact its a total entertainer even in the single player mode too.

Back