Artificial intelligence program in c++ ---- college project :/

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Guys one of my FB friend has asked me a query on the topic :)

he has a project to be made in c++ only and so no vb :(

he says that the theme he would love to work will be artificial intelligence and so My question is that is it possible to make a program on this topic ????

guys please shatter some light on this topic :D

also if not then what can he do more in c++ tell me that so that i can help him out :)

thank in advance to all .

AI is complex but if your friend want to do a simple program on AI and willing to spend some time learn things like steering behaviors[flock,flee etc],state machines then a simple 2d sports simulation is not hard.It requires knowledge of basic math,physics etc and any 2d graphics SDK like SDL,SFML etc. :)
This book is highly recommended for learning basic AI. :)

SFML
SDL

Or you may also try something related to machine learning. OpenCV has many functions for that, though I feel ML is very tough.

I had made a game of checkers. Quite fun. Not as complex as chess .A quick read-up of min-max algorithm with alpha-beta pruning will be a good start. Obviously GUI would be one of the API's above or Win32 if he is brave enough.

kaiserbreath said:
Try this ai-class OR Machine Learning depending on what you like.They start from the very basics and they are taken by the stanford professors who are the pioneers in their fields.

If you're not into taking video lessons just read up about neural networks and start by applying it to a simple problem like AI for a simple game like pong.

Back