WTB Asian manufactured Foil ESD Bags - no holes, kinks - could someone point me to a source?

Veek M

Disciple
So any sort of Foil based ESD bag - I scoured the net and called dealers - I simply can't find any Asian ESD bags.. it's all US stuff with huge duties and what not and super expensive to boot!

I'm okay with the high duty but I'd prefer an Asian supplier.

See this
Ramesh Packaging
No, 4,vinayaka Nilay,ground Flooryelahanka, Nehru Nagar,
Bengaluru-560064, Karnataka, India
or

These provide custom (on-demand) bags.

But I highly doubt that they will be able to ship it to your place.

spoke to them - imho, he sounded ridiculous..
1. he said they sold 20k piecesMOQ
2. so i asked for a dealer - he said they have only 1 dealer in Delhi - which sounds ridiculous. (except Cole Parmer has the same setup - just 1 dealer in Mumbai BUT THEY DO HAVE an ONLINE sales point) [edit: packman has a nice website]
3. so I asked is this for export only - nope - Indian companies are buying 20k-pieces/month [edit: it depends on who you get at packman]

end result - I have to pay the American company/3M BECAUSE they will sell it to me in whatever quantities.
Effing ridiculous! Even Digikey sells 100 to 1000 MOQ!

hmmm.. so basically he's got a manufacturing unit in Delhi and can't ship to BLR in small quantities.. though he could use IndiaPost.. the hassle involved .. but then MDComputers can ship stuff no problem..
(made in India for you - lol) He couldn' even tell me a shop stocking his product!

Oo.. then I checked their FB page - they have an online portal and they sell lose supposedly. So I spoke to the online-help-desk - hehe, she first tells me they don't stock foil bags. So I looked at their website and they stock Aluminium pouches - so I ask her about that. She tells me 'how many do you want' Now from the phone call, I told him 100 and they weren't interested so this time I told her "My Budget is 25k" - rofl! (which it is- that's what it would cost me to import the thing manufactured to spec).
She immediately gave me his number!

Last edited:
it's strange they're marketing something which they don't want to actually put into the market. I have shared the details based on the details I have received through the IndiaMart

ugh - i dislike IndiaMart, anyhow I sent them (Packman) the spec:

I think most manufacturing/wholesalers want anything around INR5k locally/txn and in this case inter-state-25k did the trick but instead of clearly stating their requirements, they waste everyone's time by:
1. not replying
2. help-desk filters
3. asking you to come to the shop
Then amazon comes along (or some foreign army) and Indians howl in protest - when they could have used common-sense all along.
(Cole-parmer replied and instead of pointing me to a local shop, they ask for all my details - they sell really expensive kitchen products which I can buy on AliE but it's not like food a necessity..)

Indian companies that really shine are
MDComputers and NowPurchase!!!! <-- streets better than industryBuying
(but they are in Kolkata :( which is like the other end of India)

Last edited:
Since this, a lot of websites have sprouted all selling these aluminium foil bags BUT THEY HAVE NO SPEC! BE CAREFUL!

1. For long term storage you MUST KNOW
material used PET-48G (gauge) and Optical Density (should be 3.2).
2. If they use vapor deposition then the aluminium barrier will have holes/cracks allowing water vapor to get through. Botulism will kill you - the industry spec is here:
3. If you google you will see only two companies in India make this:
Jindal PolyFilms and Sumilon and the MVTR values are like 1gm/sqin/day unlike the Digikey bags offering 0.0003

Delhi
http://www.packman.in/shop/stand-up-zipper-pouch/both-side-aluminium-standup-zipper-pouch.html 234 sqin Rs:22 or Rs:6.5 for 70sqin

Gujarat https://www.picknpack.in/aluminium-foil-pouch-7-x-10-inch-with-ziplock.html Rs:5.76 for 70sqin

Back