Asus 552W or HTC Touch Viva?

bastion

Disciple
Hi,
I am thinking of changing my 2yr old Nokia 6233. I am narrowed in on ASUS 552W and HTC Touch Viva for WiFi, email, touchscreen, screens size. GPS, 3G is optional, though supported in 552W.

Budget is 10K stretch, viva is sold 9.4k in Univercell and 552w for 11.7k in sangeetha.

Two of my friends are using Viva and they are happy with that. Should I go for safe bet on Viva or 552W?

Thanks.

If I were you, I would wait a lil more to see which device comes with windows 7 and maybe increase my budget while waiting. Otherwise, I'd have bought an Android - like I actually did - the Samsung Spica for 11.95k. :)

having owned an Asus P320, i wouldnt touch Asus with a bargepole again for their service.

If you are ready to spend 11.7k , why not spend 12 and get the Touch2. Looks way better IMHO.

There are lot of bad feedback about 552W battery charge life and its Wifi performance. I went to the shop yesterday to check it out, but the guy at the shop told me that I have to pay the full amount before he can unseal the box :no: I told him that I will come later.

I also searched for HTC Touch Viva but no leading store have it in stock. Univercell told me that HTC had recalled it to allow other models to sell.

I saw HTC viva available in eZone (online purchase). Alternatively I can go for HTC Touch 2 (3333 - GPS/3G ; 3320 - missing).

Next 6 months most of the providers will start providing 3G, is it better to go for the one with 3G? I dont use mobile internet much, but may tend to use more of applications...

any suggestions

Well if windows mobile is not a necessity you can checkout Samsung Galaxy Spica, looks like a good phone , from what ive heard HTC Tattoo is also now being sold for ~12-13k . Both of them run Android

Where can I find Tattoo for 12-13K? I asked univercell (which was selling at 15.5k) and they told that HTC has recalled (?).

How is Android apps compared to Windows Mobile? I basically want to add my Office Outlook (email) and also personal mail...

How is wifi performance in Tattoo?

Hi,

I bought Touch2 (no-gps/3G) yesterday. This is my first touchscreen phone and need to learn the nuances on how to use it effectively. Looking great in my hand :)

Thanks for all your guidance.

Back