Budget 0-20k Asus Laptop Battery gone?

Viz

Disciple
Namaste,
Not sure posting on the right section , I am using Asus GL702VSK purchased abroad 2 years back, recently noticed that the trackpad is popped out and there is a swell (see attached), I am guessing it might be the battery.
Is it safe to work, I work for extended hours on this laptop Or you should I take the battery out and work with this .
Any help, greatly appreciated.
Sri

Adjustments.jpg

Local support , without looking at the laptop informed me that it’s not possible to get battery. Any other source?

Removed the battery, it’s working with direct power, I will check with the website recommended to see if they got this model.
Thanks very much for all your help

Removing the battery and working on AC should probably get you going. I have been doing that for a few months now. I've an ASUS ROG. Battery failed after I think 2-3 years. Got it replaced with a local one. It failed again after 6 months or so. Now working on AC power. Will probably get it replaced once shops resume.

I consider myself lucky, ignored the bump for good two weeks and carried on with my work, somehow the sense prevailed and posted her to confirm and took the battery out

Big thanks to everyone again

If laptop is not used for few days the battery swelling subsides and trackpad returns to its normal position. But when you power on again, within hours the reverse happens.

Back