CPU/Mobo Asus Q LED Code 9A on Boot : Mobo Won't POST : No Display

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Hi guys,

As of yesterday, I have suddenly started having issues with my system booting. My motherboard is a relatively new (barely 2 month old) Asus Maximus V Gene. The LED Diagnostic Code on the motherboard shows 9A

Googling it a bit i came across a few details where the code 9A indicates USB Initialisation. However i could not find any further information on specific troubleshooting for this code or what exactly USB Initialisation pertains to.

I have tried disconnecting every single USB device on it.. including the CM690 Cabinet external USB headers but still no luck.

Weirdly enough this problem has suddenly cropped up and so far there were absolutely no issues with it.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Because even a barebones startup does not seem to help (without any USB peripherals connected.. just CPU+RAM+HDMI output to the monitor+Fans)

Would appreciate any thoughts on troubleshooting ASAP. :unsure:

did you try and reset the cmos???
clear the bios. once with the button at the back and the next time by removing the battery on the board. remove evything except the cpu and keep adding things like ram gpu hdd etc till it refuses to post.

^^ Did exactly that. Didn't get a revert to normal operation. It was intermittently starting but didn't successfully do so every time.

I have managed to sort it out though. I downloaded the latest BIOS 1408 from Asus's website which said that it addressed certain stability issues for the board. The moment i had a successful POST, i flashed the new BIOS via the EZ Flash option in the BIOS settings & it worked.

Back