ASUS RT N13U B1 Let Down :(

sahib

Disciple
H i all

I have been trying to use my ASUS RT N13U B1 into repeater mode on my first floor.

But it doesnt connect neither does it find my wireless connection.

If once or twice it did all i get is around 0.3mbps speed.(I have 4 mbps plan).

Please help.

That might be the problem of your existing router. If u have a cell phone or laptop try connecting to your existing router to see signal strength.

If there is way too low signal in the place where you are trying to install the asus in repeater mode it might not work. Try to set it up right next to your existing router and check.

If you are asking about the signal strength on the first floor where i am placing the router.

It wont be more than 10-15 percent.

the range of the said router is very good .... i use it so i know how far it goes ... am not an expert to diagnose your problem but i use the router 2floors down and it works great.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Now here is the whole issue:

I got the router down on the first floor.

But it is still showing limited connectivity.I think it is not bridging my connection and then transferring it.

Here is the snapshot.Please Help:

http://imageshack.us...443/asusar.png/

In this pic

Sahib is my airtel network(which shouldve been repeated by the router)

ASUS is the new network that the router set up

First you said it does not connect then you said it gives 4mbps on laptop can you describe your problem elaborately

I have a 4 mbps plan.When i connect using my airtel router i am getting full speed.

But with the ASUS router which i am trying to configure into repeater mode that is to be used on the first floor of my house ,i am unable to do anything with it.It should have caught my connection and then forwarded it to me.But instead it shows a connection called ASUS which obviously wont connect as it is not configured .

All i want is the ASUS router to repeat my connection.That's about it.

I have a snapshot link in one of my posts to give you a clarity of the issue.

Do the below

1) Flip the switch to repeater mode.

2) Connect router to PC via ethernet cable.

3) Login to router it will ask you to select ur SSID, enter details like password if any exist.

4) Reboot the router.

It worked for me , the same should work for you as well.

I did that but it gets stuck with the alert box saying something like "Please wait while configuring your details"

Why me?
<
<

Did you give it some time to save the configuration?

If still not working then it might be that u got a lemon or you are messing up some setting?

#dinjo any help here ?

Yeah i have pressed the restore button at the bottom many a times and then switched to repeater setting from the bottom of the router.

But no use.

Lemme try everything 1 last time and i will let you guys know.

Thanks though

Did you give it some time to save the configuration?

If still not working then it might be that u got a lemon or you are messing up some setting?

#dinjo any help here ?

ok so after 5 successive tries i got it to register successfully.

NOw i just need to place the router appropriately and it will work without the Ethernet right?

If you're putting the router in Repeater mode, you won't see 2 different networks. It will be the same network with the same SSID.

Log in to the Asus router interface through browser. It has something like a wizard to set it up in Repeater mode where you put in your existing wireless network's details like SSID and password. Have you done that? Check the manuals, I think they have shown how to do it.

Back