Asus Xonar sound cards - DG,DX and STX

Guys, Just a heads up, I was thinking of ordering Xonar DGX card, but I think I will settle with Xonar DG instead.

After reading 100s of reviews on Amazon(.com) and newegg, came to know that DGX DOES NOT AMPLIFY through front port, this issue is present only for DGX cards and DG cards work fine.

So all those who need the front AMP for headphones, If u have PCI slot go for Xonar DG.

@PristineNote - Which sound card is comptible for the rig mentioned below. Before 2 months, original sound card dead which was replaced by local sound card@rs.570. Now it sucks & wind blowing noice coming out of amplifier cum woofer speaker from Creative 5.1 Ch SBS 560/580. Other 5 speakers ok. 6pack (www.techenclave.com/community/threads/creative-5-1-ch-sound-system-problem-in-pc.148937/#post-1873719) suggested to contact you

Processor = Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (2.2 GHz) Box Proc.
Motherboard = Intel D945GCNL Original Mother Board
Chasis / SMPS = Micro ATX - Mini Tower Case, I ball, Pride model
System Memory= 1 GB DDR2 RAM-Transcand
Hard Drive= 250 GB SATA Hard Drive - Seagate
Optical Drive= 20x SATA DVD Writer - Sony
Graphics= Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950Output= 19" Wide Screen LCD - Viewsonic
Audio =Creative 5.1 Ch. SBS 560/580 with RealTek Sound sytem

@PristineNote - Which sound card is comptible for the rig mentioned below. Before 2 months, original sound card dead which was replaced by local sound card@rs.570. Now it sucks & wind blowing noice coming out of amplifier cum woofer speaker from Creative 5.1 Ch SBS 560/580. Other 5 speakers ok. 6pack (www.techenclave.com/community/threads/creative-5-1-ch-sound-system-problem-in-pc.148937/#post-1873719) suggested to contact you

Processor = Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 (2.2 GHz) Box Proc.
Motherboard = Intel D945GCNL Original Mother Board
Chasis / SMPS = Micro ATX - Mini Tower Case, I ball, Pride model
System Memory= 1 GB DDR2 RAM-Transcand
Hard Drive= 250 GB SATA Hard Drive - Seagate
Optical Drive= 20x SATA DVD Writer - Sony
Graphics= Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950Output= 19" Wide Screen LCD - Viewsonic
Audio =Creative 5.1 Ch. SBS 560/580 with RealTek Sound sytem

Your mother board has PCI slot as well as PCI-e-x1 slot so you can get either the entry level Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card or you can get Asus Xonar DX - mid range sound card ( PCI-E-x1 slot ).

regards

Which is SQ card among two? Sound Quality would be comparable to RealTek card. Can Local technician do the job if i buy from you.

Which is SQ card among two? Sound Quality would be comparable to RealTek card. Can Local technician do the job if i buy from you.

Both will have much better sound than Realtek , you should easily notice a decent upgrade in terms of clarity and volume with your speakers. Get the DG/DGX if you want value for money and DX if you plan to get better 5.1 or speakers in future .
Installing the sound card is fairly easy , if you haven't done it before you could follow the guide below . Incase you are not accustomed with PC hardware and installation , any local PC shop will do it for you for a basic service charge.

Which sound card do u suggest for best 5.1 or 7.1 HT experience and also good for music.

I was looking at the HDAV 1.3 Deluxe

Both will have much better sound than Realtek , you should easily notice a decent upgrade in terms of clarity and volume with your speakers. Get the DG/DGX if you want value for money and DX if you plan to get better 5.1 or speakers in future .
Installing the sound card is fairly easy , if you haven't done it before you could follow the guide below . Incase you are not accustomed with PC hardware and installation , any local PC shop will do it for you for a basic service charge.

Well, actually problem now is with Creative SBS Woofer. I hanged on now till that time. Thanks.

Back