Asus Zenfone2 launched in india. Starts at 12999

Few softwares- and the benchmarking software is Google Earth Pro.
Tegra K1 64 bit runs it beautifully compared to its Snapdragon comparatives.

I don't care about benchmark. I don't want to disagree with you. But can u define "runs it beautifully" it maybe because good tegra gpu or something else but '64bit' '4gb' 'benchmark' in Mobile device is just marketing gimmick. If they really want so give something good just give good battery life :hungry:

I don't care about benchmark. I don't want to disagree with you. But can u define "runs it beautifully" it maybe because good tegra gpu or something else but '64bit' '4gb' 'benchmark' in Mobile device is just marketing gimmick. If they really want so give something good just give good battery life :hungry:

My first smartphone back in 2003 had a 200 MHz CPU and 128 MB RAM. It was capable of handling multi-processing and the battery lasted a week on a single charge.

Would you be fine having an android phone with those specs today and tell me your reasons for why you would be fine or not. Of course this phone would good battery life as you wanted.

^battery lasted for a week? I've used all the uiq platform phones from SE(p800, p900, p910)...at least in my case I had to charge every alternate days. And in p990 its every day charge :(

Sorry folks, this is not incoming, instead a cheap variant is!

To make the device even more popular, Asus announced today that it has decided to add two new variants of the phone. One will be a lower priced model coming in the second quarter featuring an unannounced Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC. The third version of the ZenFone 2 will be powered by a MediaTek chipset and aimed at emerging markets like India, where 3G use is prevalent. This model will be released in the second half of the year.

Source

^Unable to open link at work. Any pricing details mentioned?

The top-end Asus ZenFone 2 model (ZE551ML) with 64GB of built-in storage and 4GB of RAM was also recently revealed by the firm, with a price of TWD 9,990 (roughly Rs. 19,900).

Earlier this month, Asus Taiwan had revealed the pricing of all the models of the new ZenFone 2 series. The Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML (4GB RAM, and 32GB storage) was priced at TWD 8,990 (approximately Rs. 18,000); the Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML (2GB RAM) at TWD 6,990 (approximately Rs. 13,900); the Asus ZenFone 2 ZE550ML at TWD 5,990 (approximately Rs. 11,900), and the Asus ZenFone 2 ZE500CL priced at TWD 4,990 (approximately Rs. 9,900).

So many variants, quite confusing. Are all the variants launching in India? How big is the compromise in the last 2 models?[DOUBLEPOST=1427789722][/DOUBLEPOST]Just read the entry level ZE500CL specs (5-inch 720p display, dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 CPU, 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, microSD slot, 8MP camera, 2MP front shooter and a 2,500mAh ). How does this differ from the current Zenfone 5 then?

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this. Need a phone with good camera capabilities.
I like the 5.5 inch, 2 gb version with 13 mp cam.
I will definitely buy either this or 640 xl.

Back