OC & Modding Athlon X3 440 unlocking queries

l33t

Adept
I did unlock my Athlon X3 440 into a Phenom II X4 a while ago, The unlock was successful but the L3 Cache isn't unlocked, I'm running at stock clocks, What could be the problem ?

Also : All that I did was go to Advanced Clock calibration, enable it and set that to Auto, and the thing unlocked, and the temperatures are the same between 33-35 degrees- before and after the overclock.

Specs of my rig : As mentioned in my signature.

Here's a CPU-Z screenshot of the before and after :

qyzsip.png

Thank You :)

Even ive got a AthlonII.you get what you pay for though.The first athlon II x4(620) chips were deneb core which could be unlocked.i and my cousin bought them together,i traded my 620 for his 630,and apparently it(620) unlocked to a Phenom II :ashamed:.

Dark Star said:
Yes. Athlon II doesn't have L3 cache. Initial batches were made out of the denebs cores but not anymore.

Plus lower the vcore, its was too high.
I need help with the vcore, I lowered it a little yesterday, and the rig wouldn't boot up :( And it says the default vcore is 1.4 volt, I reset the cmos, and it was 1.4V default :O :(

surajspai said:
Even ive got a AthlonII.you get what you pay for though.The first athlon II x4(620) chips were deneb core which could be unlocked.i and my cousin bought them together,i traded my 620 for his 630,and apparently it(620) unlocked to a Phenom II :ashamed:.
Yeah, Crazy_Eddy helped me out yesterday :)

Here's what I learnt -

As you all said The propus based initial revisions had both 3 Cores and L3 Cache unlockable

The later revisions AAD*** and ADX*** had only the 4th core unlockable, Present sitrep dunno :p

Please help me out with the vcore :ashamed:

TYIA

l33t said:
I need help with the vcore, I lowered it a little yesterday, and the rig wouldn't boot up :( And it says the default vcore is 1.4 volt, I reset the cmos, and it was 1.4V default :O :(

TYIA

How much did you lowered the vcore ? and which SMPS do you use?

Lower the vcore gradually and then run prime95 for stability test. Update the MB bios for better results.

Dark Star said:
How much did you lowered the vcore ? and which SMPS do you use?

Lower the vcore gradually and then run prime95 for stability test. Update the MB bios for better results.

SMPS : FSP Saga II 500W, I lowered it step by step, after 2 steps, the third one, I guess that was at 1.395is somewhere there, it didn't boot :(

Now this is the other problem, Athlon X3 440 to Phenom II X4 and the Temps are at 20 Degrees !!! WTH :O

j9ty03.png

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

surajspai said:
thats strange.my Athlon II x4 630 runs at 1.264v without any issue,even under 100% load.oh,and its the old bl-c2 revision.

That is what is concerning me :(

l33t said:
SMPS : FSP Saga II 500W, I lowered it step by step, after 2 steps, the third one, I guess that was at 1.395is somewhere there, it didn't boot :(

Now this is the other problem, Athlon X3 440 to Phenom II X4 and the Temps are at 20 Degrees !!! WTH :O

j9ty03.png

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

That is what is concerning me :(
Its obvious that the temp readings will be wrong. I own a athlon x3 440 unlocked to phenom x4 b40 , temp sensors dont work properly after locked core is unlocked.

Back