OC & Modding Athlon XP to MP Mod

Sheriff

Disciple
This thread is only for informational purpose, and if you wanna try this MOD, do it at your own risk
Here's a way of modding your old Athlon XP Desktop CPU to Equivalent Athlon MP CPU :eek:hyeah:
http://www.livepublishing.co.uk/pcextreme/page_316.shtml

The possible use i can think of this modding is:
- Desktop Athlon XP Multiplier Adjustments on the fly from Windows using a suitable program like CPUMSR
- If you can arrange a server motherboard with support for Dual Chips like AMD 760MPX, you can use two of these CPU, to build an extremely fast machine at fraction of cost :eek:hyeah:
- It will increase your resale value of your old AthlonXP CPU ;)

well...one of our members tried it on his sempreon...dunno the result :p

increase the resale value...hmm...already many ppl have been duped by the fake 3200+, so they will be uber aware of these mods :eek:hyeah:

i tried it last weekend. Didn't work coz i used conductive ink instead of paint(which i couldn't find :( ) will try it again tomorrow with pencil :p

from the above mentioned guide:
, but take care you don’t accidentally connect it to the nearby pin

if you do ur proc is done. :p

It will increase your resale value of your old AthlonXP CPU
anyone wants a sempron 2800+ :lol:

Yeah, normal ink isn't supposed to be conductive. Best of luck with modding with pencil :)
BTW are you sure this moddin works with the Sempron Series, 'cause i've read somewhere, that AMD was thinking of disabling this SMP feature in latter models of Athlon XP and which mobo are u using guru, 'cause all mobo's don't support AthlonMP, so better make sure u've got the right one.

MP?? who's modding it into an MP?? :p

he's modding it into a mobile :p MP = multiprocessors :p

mobile = unlocked multipliers, helps in ocing.

ok tried it with pencil didn't work.. wtf i've been at this for 2 weekends still cant get done :( if anyone else wants to try this make sure you have magnifying lens.

which mobo are u using guru
A7V400... this mod works on on VIA and SIS boards

here is another clearer pic, if anyone cares

modified_sempron-L5.jpg

huh?? why did u break the 2nd bridge?? i thot breaking the third bridge was sufficient...

as for AS5 u can get it at 600bux a tube...

Not Electrically Conductive:
Arctic Silver 5 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity.
(While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)

its NOT electrically conductive

source: http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

Back