Atrix 2 problems

Sanav3

Adept
I just got a new Atrix 2 last week but facing some basic problems and google is not helping to find solutions

1.) Fring does not detect any voice in calls (mic is not detected and hence cant make any calls)

2.) USB mass storage device does not work, device detected as 'Portable Device' in Device manager instead of USB mass storage device.

A option was to use the Moto Phone portal, but its a little irritating to always use Internet Explorer for file manager.

Any current users can confirm if they have similar issues and also if they have a solution ?

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Mods please merge thread if I need to post such queries in 'Android mobile phone thread'

For people looking to buy a Atrix 2.

Applications that wont work (FC)

1.) Groove IP

2.) Flikie wallpaper HD

3.) Wheres my water

4.) Warp dash

etc..

'Fring' never detects the mic, so it was useless as well.

The phones internal memory is only available for applications and not visible as a USB storage mass device.

And also the Atrix 2 has some problem of missing apps after restart if you have any apps moved to SD card.

The screen is non pentile in comparison to original Atrix but it has a prominent yellow tint.

Supposedly a software update by Motorola is on its way, and at XDA a couple of custom ROM's have come up but its a very niche product with a small user base.

I decided to not wait for Motorola to fix the software problems and instead sold the phone for a minor loss.

With the endless debate of LG O2X vs Galaxy R going on in TE since few weeks, I was wondering it would be interesting if Atrix 2 was added to the list. On paper, really good phone for around 20k for people who can live without warranty. But the small user base and dev support is the problem and also I think no official word on whether it will be getting ICS.

For people looking to buy a Atrix 2.

Applications that wont work (FC)

1.) Groove IP

2.) Flikie wallpaper HD

3.) Wheres my water

4.) Warp dash

etc..

'Fring' never detects the mic, so it was useless as well.

The phones internal memory is only available for applications and not visible as a USB storage mass device.

And also the Atrix 2 has some problem of missing apps after restart if you have any apps moved to SD card.

The screen is non pentile in comparison to original Atrix but it has a prominent yellow tint.

Supposedly a software update by Motorola is on its way, and at XDA a couple of custom ROM's have come up but its a very niche product with a small user base.

I decided to not wait for Motorola to fix the software problems and instead sold the phone for a minor loss.

Was looking at the specs. Marginally better than Atrix but seemed promising in the reviews.

Anybody else who is facing the same software issue? Is this problem on all Atrix 2? Sorry for bumping this thread. Was looking for a phone to get from the US. There was a toss up between Infuse and the Atrix 2.

Back