Audio-Technica Headphones- T200, T500 , M20,M35 , AD300, AD500, AD700, A900

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the official distributor of Audio Technica Consumer Audio products in India , we would like to present some of the best deals on entry level and mid-level headphones from no.1 Audio brand in Japan .

All Audio- Technica models now available at E-lounge, Lamington Road, Mumbai.

As a special promotion we will be offering the wooden headphone stand for only Rs. 950 as a special combo with any of the headphones listed below.

http://www.techencla...and-184926.html

NOTES ON USAGE

Audio Technica has different series earphones for different category some of them are explained below.

STUDIO MONITOR: Analytical Headphones. Mostly closed end cans. Meant for Sound Engineers for Sound track and Studio Monitoring. Mostly coiled cables (except M35) for easy movement across the board. Superior sound isolation. Long cables. Example: ATH-M50, M35, M20.

DJ : High current transducers. One ear monitoring. Mostly closed cans. ATH-SJ11, ATH-SJ55.

AUDIOPHILE: Audiophile series, home usage, computer gaming. Detailed and extremely transparent sound. Superb comfort with patented 3D Wing design from audio technica. Long wearing comfort. eg ATH-AD300, ATH-AD500, ATH-AD700, ATH-A900.

MONITOR: General Monitor Headphones. Computers and Home usage. Closed cans. Straight cables. Superior wearing comfort. ATH-T500, ATH-T200.

This is by and large our guidelines for these headphones. However as Audio Technica is quite a popular brand internationally. They have been crossed used. Like the M50 is quite popularly used across gamers. AD700 is used by gamers for their beautiful ambiance and large sound-stage! The T-Series are used for studio monitor!

Audio Technica ATH-T200
audiotechnicaatht200600.jpg

The ATH-T200 entry level headphone from Audio Technica feature large earpads to provide a comfortable fit around the ears for long listening sessions. The over-the-ear cushions are soft and prevent sound from leaking. The adjustable large double headband, specially designed soft head support and light weight creates maximum comfort and listening pleasure.

Technical Specifications

Type: Dynamic

Driver: 40mm

Output: 100dB/mW

Frequency response: 20 - 22,000Hz

Largest input: 500mW

Impedance: 40 ohms

Plug: 3.5mm gold-plating stereo mini-plug

Cord length: 3m

PRICE : Rs.1350

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Technica ATH-T500

atht500re.jpg

Another latest addition to the line up , the T-500 are currently only available in Japan and other Asian counter parts.

The Audio-Technica ATH-T500 dynamic headphones feature a powerful 53mm driver for superior sound quality. A lightweight and durable design makes the T500’s suitable for all types of music and multimedia applications. Superior sound isolation is provided by well fitted and comfortable ear cups. Included in the ATH-T500 design is a dual headband system ensuring maximum comfort and reduced pressure on the head.

Specifications :

Type : Dynamic

Output Sound Pressure Level : 106dB

Frequency Response : 10 - 25,000Hz

Maximum Input Power : 1800mW

Impedance : 40 ohms

Weight : 270g

Connector : 3.5mm gold plated stereo mini plug

Cable : 3.0m

Review:

New Audio Technica ATH-T500 - Head-Fi.org Community

Audio Technica ATH-T500 Review - Music & Play - CNET Asia

PRICE : Rs.3770 shipped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Technica ATH-M20
m20os.jpg

Audio-Technica’s ATH-M20 dynamic stereo headphones offer exceptional clarity and maximum comfort for hours of listening. The headphones’ low-profile, closed-back design provides superior isolation in high-volume listening situations. Features include: 40 mm drivers, each with a neodymium magnet structure; lightweight, adjustable cushioned headband and gold-plated connector.

Specifications

Type: Closed-back dynamic

Driver: Diameter 40 mm

Magnet: Neodymium

Voice Coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire

Frequency Response: 30 - 20,000 Hz

Maximum Input Power: 1,200 mW at 1 kHz

Sensitivity: 98 dB

Impedance: 40 ohms

Weight: 7.1 oz (230 g) without cable

Cable: 10-foot (3.0 m), coiled, left-side exit

Connector: 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) stereo mini-plug, snap-on 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter

PRICE : Rs.2100 .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Technica ATH-M35
lgathm35304x450.jpg

m35615x434.jpg

The latest 2011 addition the Audio Technica Monitor headphones lineup.An improvement over the existing line-up of M30 and M40- the M35s are one of our personal favourite of the lot. They offer amazing detailing ,clarity and bass for the price. Superb VFM .

Fold them up, toss them in their storage pouch & take them on the road. Created especially for field recording and studio tracking/mixing, these compact folding headphones offer beautifully balanced, articulate sound; impressive power-handling; and a lightweight, ergonomic design.

Specifications :

Type: Closed-back dynamic

Driver diameter: 40 mm

Voice coil: Copper-clad aluminum wire

Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz

Maximum input power: 1,600 mW at 1 kHz

Sensitivity: 100 dB

Impedance: 65 ohms

Cable: 3.4 m (11'), OFC litz wire, left-side exit

Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug

Accessories included: Screw-on 6.3 mm (1/4") adapter; protective pouch

Reviews:

Audio-Technica ATH-M35 2011 | Stereo Headphones Review, Stereo Headsets - TopTenREVIEWS

Audio Technica ATH-M35 Stereo Headphones | Altsounds.com Gear

Audio-Technica ATH-M35 Monitor Headphones review | TouchGen

PRICE : Rs.3900 shipped.

Audio Technica ATH-AD300
audiotechnicaathad300.jpg

The cheapest and least well known brother of the acclaimed Audio-Technica ATH-AD700/900 the Audio-Technica ATH-AD300 is a lower priced circum-aural headphone. Presenting a dark, non-fatiguing listening experience, the ATH-AD300 is also very comfortable, an important variable when considering a headphone.

These are the best bang for buck entry level open air comfort cans one can buy for the price.A great choice for stepping into the world of good sounding gear.

Specs :

Impedance: 32ohms

Frequency Response: 20-25,000Hz

Connector: 1/8" mini, 1/4" adapter included

Weight: 250g

Isolation: 0dB

Reviews :

Audio Technica ATH-AD300 - reviews - Headphones - HiFi Headphones - Good Gear Guide

PRICE : Rs.3200 .

Audio Technica ATH-AD500

athad500zoom.gif

The younger sibling of the world renowned AD700 , the AD500 offer near identical sound quality and detailing with a much better lower-end and less fatiguing sound .

Specifications :

Type : Open-Air Dynamic

Driver Diameter : 53 Mm

Magnet : Neodymium

Voice Coil : Copper-Clad Aluminum Wire

Frequency Response : 10 – 30,000 Hz

Maximum Input Power : 500 Mw

Sensitivity : 99 Db/Mw At 1 Khz

Impedance : 66 Ohms

Weight : 260 G

Reviews :

Audio-Technica ATH-AD500 review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Headphones

ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-AD500 - Head-Fi.org Community

PRICE : Rs.4850 .

Audio Technica ATH-AD700

The the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 headphones can go toe-to-toe with cans that cost double their price means they open up the realm of high-quality headphone listening to those on a strict budget.

G5tGL.jpg

Specifications

Driver Diameter: 53 mm

Frequency Response: 10 - 30,000 Hz

Maximum Input: 500 mW -

Sensitivity: 98 dB/mW at - kHz

Impedance: 32 ohms

Weight: 280 g

Cable: 3.0 - (Single/Hybrid-PCOCC)

Connector: 1/8" (3.5 mm) mini stereo, gold-plated

Reviews :

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Review - Page 1/4 | techPowerUp

SoundStage! "All In Your Head" - Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 Headphones (4/2008)

PRICE : Rs.6350 shipped .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Technica ATH-A900 - Premium closed back Headphones

Audio-Technica A900 closed back headphones offer unmatched listening pleasure in their class. These A900 headphones feature a Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S), first developed for the legendary Audio-Technica Limited Edition W2002 Wooden Headphones. This system creates a deep resonating bass reproduction and the vocal projection is stunning.

U31Ab.jpg

Specifications

Type: Closed-back Dynamic

Driver Unit: 53mm

Frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz

Impedence: 40 ohms

Max. Input Power: 2,000mW

Sensitivity: 101dB

Plug: Gold-plated stereo mini plug

Cord length: 3.0m (Wrapping / Hi-OFC)

Weight: 350g

Accessories: Detachable phone plug (stereo standard plug)

Reviews :

Audio-Technica ATH-A900 Review

Audio Technica ATH-A900 Closed Headphone Review - Headphone User Reviews - abi>>forums

PRICE : Rs.13,500 shipped .

All Audio Technica Headphones have 12 Months Warranty from Pristine Note.

Re: Audio Technica entry-mid level Headphones-AD300, AD500, M20, M35 ,T200 and T500.

^ The M20s are more comfortable and have a little more bass .Overall both are very good value for money. :) We have tested all the models for one week prior to ordering our products and decided on the line-up which we will be keeping .The products are selected and priced in such a way that they offer a better sound and comfort than the models from other big brands and leave no room for competition . Once people start buying them , they will realize the same and you might see AT products at big retail stores in your city :).

Re: Audio Technica entry-mid level Headphones-AD300, AD500, M20, M35 ,T200 and T500.

Which one of these could compare to the Sennheiser Px 100.

The PX are clip on type portable headphones .None of the above AT headphones incorporate a similar design but offer a better fit and comfort. If you are looking for something as good or better than the PX100 , you should consider the M35 or T500 ,depending on your budget :)

Also all the prices on the headphones have been furthered lowered to provide some steal-deal introductory offers. Enjoy till the special pricing lasts :D.

Portable Series are expected next quarter.

Could you give quotes for higher end models,doesn't matter if you don't have them in stock at the moment.

how is the t200 in comparison with hd202?

PristineNote said:
Portable Series are expected next quarter.
Cant wait for the portable series, bring em already :)

Any one of these with a coiled cable ?

Hi,
I'm interested in these, but since this is my first time paying more than Rs. 500/- for headphones :ashamed: , I have some questions:
1) Do these headphones need specialized hardware like amps, dacs or stuff like that? I will use it ONLY with my PC and it only has the onboard sound card. So, any issues with using these headphones with that?
2) I'm buying these for night time use, when I cant use my speakers. So, I need something which will not leak any sound. How is M20 with regard to this? I will be using this for games, music, movies... everything..
3) How is the durability/build quality of these things? I need something which will last long.
4) M20 is perfectly inside my budget, but there are not many reviews of it. M35 has very good reviews, but is it worth paying Rs 1300/- extra for it over M20?

Thanks a lot to anyone who answers these... :)

Between the AD300 and ATH-T500 I would choose one next month... any recommendations ?

Arun1 said:
Could you give quotes for higher end models,doesn't matter if you don't have them in stock at the moment.
You could check our website for the prices on ATH-AD700, ATH-A900, ATH-ANC7b (active noise cancellation). We have them in stock.

pretttt said:
Hi,

I'm interested in these, but since this is my first time paying more than Rs. 500/- for headphones :ashamed: , I have some questions:

1) Do these headphones need specialized hardware like amps, dacs or stuff like that? I will use it ONLY with my PC and it only has the onboard sound card. So, any issues with using these headphones with that?

2) I'm buying these for night time use, when I cant use my speakers. So, I need something which will not leak any sound. How is M20 with regard to this? I will be using this for games, music, movies... everything..

3) How is the durability/build quality of these things? I need something which will last long.

4) M20 is perfectly inside my budget, but there are not many reviews of it. M35 has very good reviews, but is it worth paying Rs 1300/- extra for it over M20?

Thanks a lot to anyone who answers these... :)
Most of the Audio Technica Headphones are not power hungry. You should be easily able to drive them from your onboard PC. As far as the build quality is concerned, you will not go wrong with Audio Technica. Read some of the literature online for the build quality. If you want something to last long, you will have to learn to take care of them. You could have at tank build quality, but manage to spoil them overnight by sheer carelessness. M35 is a very good headphone for the price. M20 is good, however they have lesser sensitivity (see specifications above). The bass and sound stage for M35 is better.

ronnie_gogs said:
Between the AD300 and ATH-T500 I would choose one next month... any recommendations ?

Kindly read the notes on usage above
. Also read T500 is the top of Monitor series. AD300 is the starting step for Audiophile series. If you intend to use them for audio and extra long wearing AD300 would be a good choice however remember that they are open cans. If you intend to use them for long wearing and need a closed cans you can go for T500, also remember they are general purpose cans.

Hi,

Payment made and PM sent with address. :)

Payment received .Your M35 will be shipped today :).

PristineNote said:
Most of the Audio Technica Headphones are not power hungry. You should be easily able to drive them from your onboard PC. As far as the build quality is concerned, you will not go wrong with Audio Technica. Read some of the literature online for the build quality. If you want something to last long, you will have to learn to take care of them. You could have at tank build quality, but manage to spoil them overnight by sheer carelessness. M35 is a very good headphone for the price. M20 is good, however they have lesser sensitivity (see specifications above). The bass and sound stage for M35 is better.

Thank you for your reply. But, I have decided to postpone the plan for headphone now and instead get myself a backlit keyboard. Sorry for any trouble caused!

Gautam, my roomie wants to buy a new pair of entry-level cans and would like to pick up something other than the usual Sennheiser and Philips ones. I suggested the ATH-T200 or the ATH-M20, now that you are an official retailer for AT products in the country. The M20 appeals to me as a slightly more comfortable model over the T200. I could not find any reviews online for either of them. Could you let me know the sound signatures of these models? The usage is mostly movies, music and games in the decreasing priority. :)

PS: Would like to fix the deal ASAP so please let me know! TIA.

EDIT: Forgot to add, these should be easily driven by the motherboard's 3.5mm output jack. I am a bit apprehensive about the 40 Ohm impedance ratings. Hope they do not require any amp. :ashamed:

^ The M20 and T200 are equally comfortable.The M20 has slightly more clamping force than the T200. To tell you frankly, I can't recollect the exact sound signature of both the models but from what I remember, the M20 had slightly more pronounced bass compared to the T200's thinner bass but none of them have a heavy uncontrolled bass . The overall signature is close to dark-neutral sound. For the price both are value for money. :)

^Gautam, thank you for the response! :)

One last question - they do not require any amp'ing do they? I mean the motherboard's 3.5mm out jack should drive the M20 right? My friend is almost set on the M20.

Keep me posted! And please pass me your ICICI account details so we may deposit the amount ASAP! He badly needs a replacement. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back