Automatic washing machine - Rs.20-25,000 : purchased LG 8067TEELR

After sales service, Definitely LG is good. Even we have zeroed on LG T80FRF21P. I am waiting for present W.Machine to be bought down by someone.
We are using Whirlpool which 8 years old, Trust me Customer support is worst.

Depens what he means by better. LG will be cheaper up to a certain extent.

He said that for LG service center availability is much more. For Siemens the service process is outsourced. Hence the whole process is much smoother for LG.

They are different. cleaning is better with a front load but top load means you don't bend your back as much. Top load is flexible in that you can always add clothes later. front load has the ability stop within the first five minutes.

I suspect you can get more washed in a top load but washing quality will be lower. top load takes up less space and is cheaper. front load uses less water. i don't find water costs where i am high enough to be significant enough to warrant one over the other. If you buy a washing machine its to wash clothes and if it washes better then that is what counts. How much better and whether you will notice it, depends how dirty your wash is. rolling around in the mud means better with a front load. Not so rough you could get away with a top load.

if water is soft where you live you can expect 5-8 years out of a front load. repairing the drum will be expensive after and not over loading is critical in ensuring longer life. top loaders are more forgiving.

After reading this content, I have again got doubt if I need front load or can get away with top load. Note that budget is not an issue, better product is more important suiting to needs. Following are few pointers;

- Water tank is at terrace in 4 storey building with my place being on 1st floor. Salesman at other store mentioned about requirement of 8L/min flow for LG machine. I think this would be achievable.
- Since I am from Mumbai water is on softer side. However supply is only from 7AM to 12/1PM.
- Dirtiness of clothes might be again subjective but if muddy clothes are assumed to be most dirty I would say dirtiness of clothes in my case would be like medium to low-medium.
- On the lines of DD feature of LG, I asked if anything happens to motor, I would have to change drum since both are attached, he said that should be an issue as warranty is for 10 years on motor. I however wonder if drum is covered or not - this question came to my mind after I returned home.

Another question is which one would be easy on electricity ?

He said that for LG service center availability is much more. For Siemens the service process is outsourced. Hence the whole process is much smoother for LG.
They are all outsourced otherwise LG prices would be more expensive. Only for the top end models which are 70k+will you get an LG guy. What people complain about with bosch/siemens is the higher visiting cost of their personnel in case of a problem. it would be cheaper with LG. But the siemens/bosch guys are good.

There is another important consideration to go with siemens bosch because their drums in the low weight range are much bigger than direct drive models like LG & amsung. For a family of five this will be a point to consider. That direct drive motor reduces the size of the drum, so take a measuring tape with you and calculate volume of the drum between siemens/bosch and lg. in the 5.5-6kg range lg drum is smaller, In the 7kg and above range difference is less.

bear in mind the only major difference of DD is less sound compared to belt driven siemens/bosch. because there is a motor on the back, people have said the bearings tend to wear out by the five year mark, you will hear more noise when it works. Then they will tell you to replace drum but actually only bearings have worn. But life of drum has already passed the 50% but its will be much cheaper without drum. fix drum when it breaks or get another.

After reading this content, I have again got doubt if I need front load or can get away with top load. Note that budget is not an issue, better product is more important suiting to needs.
What does better mean for you ?

one comment i read here made an impact on me, tech.addict said he did not know what clean meant until he got a front loader.

Following are few pointers;

- Water tank is at terrace in 4 storey building with my place being on 1st floor. Salesman at other store mentioned about requirement of 8L/min flow for LG machine. I think this would be achievable.
- Since I am from Mumbai water is on softer side. However supply is only from 7AM to 12/1PM.
- Dirtiness of clothes might be again subjective but if muddy clothes are assumed to be most dirty I would say dirtiness of clothes in my case would be like medium to low-medium.
- On the lines of DD feature of LG, I asked if anything happens to motor, I would have to change drum since both are attached, he said that should be an issue as warranty is for 10 years on motor. I however wonder if drum is covered or not - this question came to my mind after I returned home.

Another question is which one would be easy on electricity ?
- yes it is and its also not an issue for siemens/bosch as you have enough pressure.
- that is fine, you have soft water in your overhead tank.
- your bigger issue is volume, family of five you said. That means lots of washing. Two double bedsheets and pillow cases is a full load on a DD 5.5kg model.

i would suggest you put your washing in a bucket and see how much volume it takes. Weight is a useless term. little volume can be heavy depending on material and more volume can be light. Optimal loading for a front loader is 60% dry volume dont cram, just drop in. that is how much you put in the washing machine and try not to overload. i don't know what is it for a top loader. maybe more but not by much. whatever is optimal for a mixie applies to a top loader. somewhere between 60-70%. So you will get away possibly with fewer washes. also top loader is more forgiving and cheaper to repair.
- that motor will not have any problems that is why warranty is so long. Drum is not covered and will will range in price from 5-10k. call the service center and ask what is replacement cost for drum, bearing change and how long it takes to do. Is bearing change covered in warranty or not ?

Those sales guys only know to sell, not to repair or how long it takes to repair. It will take time to repair as they have to dismantle it completely. if they dont have the part then it will take longer still. This applies with all front loaders.

The drum life depends on usage and hard water. if water is soft then less corrosion on the drum spider. if you keep load to 60% of drum volume then you are not abusing the machine. if you want to reduce stress even more, then do spin for less time and dry on the line especially for light loads as it can cause imbalance otherwise which machine will detect and stop spin. Don't do spin again as its unbalanced, just wring and dry out.

But you live in bombay its very humid and takes longer to dry. makes no difference with either kind of machine.

Last edited:
What does better mean for you ?
Better at core competency, washing clothes. second aspect is VFM. As rightly said, it is very much possible to realize improvement/difference in wash quality until I get a front load.

But you live in bombay its very humid and takes longer to dry.
Yes, spinning clothes to get them out dryer is one quite important during rainy season here. Without it clothes do not get ready by next day.

Coming to capacity, I would like to mention one comment from sales guy. He said, on-an-average 1Kg would include clothes of one person viz. 1 pair of trouser and shirt and inner wears. I did feel size of drum to be small for front loaders compared to top loaders but was not confident and thought it is just my perception. Since I did not carry any measuring tap, I could not measure it accurately.

I would list typical load daily for better suggestions;
> 2 - 3 Shirts
> 2 trousers or 1 - 2 jean
> 3 gowns
> 1 - 2 pujabi suit or kurti n bottom set
> 3 towels (1 mid size 2 small size)

Better at core competency, washing clothes. second aspect is VFM. As rightly said, it is very much possible to realize improvement/difference in wash quality until I get a front load.
front loader for cleaning, vfm (in terms of maintenance) for top loader :)

water consumption is less for front loader compared to top loader, if water is expensive for you then this can become a factor.

for better cleaning like must be washed with like that means clothes of same material at right program. Cottons will need at least 60 degrees warm to get clean. you cant use that for mixes or they will be damaged.

front loader detergent is more expensive than top loader. use only ariel or surf.

Yes, spinning clothes to get them out dryer is one quite important during rainy season here. Without it clothes do not get ready by next day.
no balcony that is sheltered ?

Since I did not carry any measuring tap, I could not measure it accurately.
do that, do not be embarassed if you are only person in the shop sticking head into machine :D

I would list typical load daily for better suggestions;
> 2 - 3 Shirts
> 2 trousers or 1 - 2 jean
> 3 gowns
> 1 - 2 pujabi suit or kurti n bottom set
> 3 towels (1 mid size 2 small size)
Get a bucket, measure the volume, quick way, is fill it 90% water and weigh it. how many kilos - weight of empty bucket = volume in litres.

now put your clothes in it, drop them in don't cram, how much volume does it take ?

Last edited:
front loader for cleaning, vfm for top loader :)

water consumption is less for front loader compared to top loader, if water is expensive for you then this can become a factor.

Water cost is not an issue for me.

for better cleaning like must be washed with like that means clothes of same material at right program. Cottons will need at least 60 degrees warm to get clean. you cant use that for mixes or they will be damaged.

Is this true for any Automatic machine or just Front Loader ?

no balcony that is sheltered ?
Yes there is such space in home but atmosphere delays natural drying. Hence in monsoon at times clothes are spun twice.

I will do volume measuring of clothes. About measuring drum size, I guess I can not visit store before Friday. At present drum of 6.5Kg semi-automatic is catering need perfectly; if that helps.

Okay, keeping Front loader first in line for now.
I modified the post.

Yes there is such space in home but atmosphere delays natural drying. Hence in monsoon at times clothes are spun twice.
then ensure machine is properly loaded and you do not spin light loads. sometimes still it go out of balance. if it comes out wet then you have to add something to balance it. trial & error, sometimes works others times not.

I will do volume measuring of clothes. About measuring drum size, I guess I can not visit store before Friday. At present drum of 6.5Kg semi-automatic is catering need perfectly; if that helps.
you don't know that yet. how many washes are you prepared to do per day ?

Is this true for any Automatic machine or just Front Loader ?
All, don't expect to get clean clothes in temperatures less than 40 degrees. very delicate can be washed with thrity otherwise 40 is good for mixes. cottons at 60 and if they are white cotton then higher.

What is clean and can you tell is a tricky question. detergents use optical brightners to make it look clean. They use prefumes to scent. If it looks clean and smells fresh is it hygienically clean ?

there are general guidelines. this & this

2 - assuming each takes an hour around for complete cycle from washing to spinning.
keep a log and do the measurements for a week. you should have an idea of what your load is like.

Laundry costs calculator

Nothing beats a clamp meter or this.

Hi @vyral_143 ,
We are planning to go for this http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-T7567TEELR,

or this http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-WF-T7519PR-top-loading-washing-machine.

The Difference between these is just the JET SPRAY. I have been told by the shop person that machines above 6.5kg have 8years warranty on motor and 2 year general warranty.
I have Zeroed it on 7567TEELR which the shopwaala quoted 20,000 (MRP 23470) , Purchasing it by evening, Any others suggestion would be appreciated.

@swatkats till now I have 'researched' only for Front Loaders. Hence not much in touch with top loaders. Since yesterday I am again in little confusion between Front and top loaders. I will visit this Friday to showroom again and get size of drum. In mean time I need to measure load of clothes too. Thank God this one is longer weekend.

About warranty, breakdown will be like for first 2 years everything is covered and for next 8 years only motor will be covered, resulting in 10 years warranty on motor.

Front loaders need continuous water supply and generally not suggested for people who get water at scheduled timings.
Yes, 2 years complete warranty and remaining 8 years warranty for motor.

@swatkats I had noted listed price of some of LG Top Loaders too. I will post them in some time. Initial Best quote from Vijay sales is around 8% less than their listed price for washing machines. If one bargains and asks about matching prices, this figure can vary.

@swatkats till now I have 'researched' only for Front Loaders. Hence not much in touch with top loaders. Since yesterday I am again in little confusion between Front and top loaders. I will visit this Friday to showroom again and get size of drum. In mean time I need to measure load of clothes too. Thank God this one is longer weekend.

About warranty, breakdown will be like for first 2 years everything is covered and for next 8 years only motor will be covered, resulting in 10 years warranty on motor.
Was watching this thread for long but avoided to reply. I recently purchased 2 IFB front loading washing machines. A 8kg for back home and a 6.5kg for my personal use in Pune.
I am happy with the purchases and think its worth upgrading from a top loading to a front loading. IFB has 4 yr full warranty which impressed me a lot. To add to it the Pune service center is near to my house. The deal I got on Flipkart was unbelievable with the exchange program and 10% cashback + 10% off on price :D
The 7/8KG machines have full manual override or options can be changed like for a particular pre programmed option you can change temp or spin speeds etc. Also the display details every step going on right from the stage in progress to the water being heated/drained, etc.
Machines are silent in operation except for the spin cycle(where it sounds like a mini plane engine. But I guess this is the case with other brands as well.)
Space wise also they are reasonable. My 6.5kg machine is roughly 16" depth and 19" wide. The 8kg approx 20"deep and 23"wide.

Quite good deal you got there ! How much you paid for them ?
In internals, how is drum size ?
For 6.5kg 24484/- (2000 for old WM) 10% cashback and 10% off on MRP.
For 8kg Same offer but no exchange. Rs29091/-
Flipkart.
The 8KG drum has volume of some 60L
And 6.5kg has 43L.
Door diameter is 32CM for both of them which is large enough. Doors open flat 180deg so thats one good thing in congested places.
I had ordered a 7KG but had to return it as my bath door was half inch narrow than the machine :( so gave it back and bought the 6.5KG.

The screen on the 8kg model is the better one with lots of info.
The max spin speeds is 1000rpm and 1400rpm for the 6.5kg and 8kg respectively but I never use it above 800 rpm.
6.5kg is good for 3 double bedsheets and one large towel. or roughly 1.5bucket(25L) of clothes.

IFB Senorita Aqua SX - 6.5 KG
IFB Senator Aqua SX 8 KG
Are the models I bought from Flipkart.

@swatkats this might be late but for the model you had selected VS had listed ₹22,400. If considered 8% lesser price, it comes out to roughly ₹20,600. From here further bargain and price matching takes place.

@swatkats this might be late but for the model you had selected VS had listed ₹22,400. If considered 8% lesser price, it comes out to roughly ₹20,600. From here further bargain and price matching takes place.
MRP is 23490 on the box. So i got 14.8% Discount. Where did you see the 22400 pricing?

R08WzL5.jpg

Also LG Guy offered 4 years additional general warranty with the 2 years for 4000. I refused to take it.

Last edited:
Back