Automatic washing machine - Rs.20-25,000 : purchased LG 8067TEELR

Can you post some pictures ?
explain why you think it was the right decision ?
most people look at price and do not see other benefits.
You are guru dude ... what can I explain you....
The top 3 points were
1) The tumble wash action results in better cleaning and is more gentle on clothes.
2) Water savings.
3) More efficient drying as compared to TL.

FL do take more time than TL but coz they clean well and honestly how does an hour matter.... start the machine and forget it....
Its more silent than a TL except for the spin cycle.
Adds lot of beauty quotient to the house. You can keep a FL in your hall also and it will look good.
My hands are dry when I load the machine. The clothes get washed and when I unload them to dry outside that time also my hands are dry. Not a single drop is spilled on the floor. I like that clean usage thing (maybe coz my prev TL never gave me that feeling. I was always half drenched while using it.)
It is pricey but not too much. If one is spending 25k-30k on a TL whats wrong with a FL.

But that being said there are scenarios where TL could be preferred to FL.
1)If you have hard water. FL are not very kind with hard water and add cost to daily running.
2) Electricity supply is a problem.
3) you are thinking about the daily running cost at very deeper level. Coz FL is little costly when it comes to detergent and additives but its worth and justified.

@onlyravi I would also like to see some picture(s) of the arrangement you have made for FL.

My original budget for washing machine is ₹25,000 around. Since I had got quotes for LG DD FL at ₹30,500 and last being ₹27,500 I had considered that. However the drum size is too small for me which I could found out thanks to @blr_p Now a FL in same category with bigger drum (7Kg) is approx ₹37-40,000 after discount. This over-runs my budget by almost 50%.

On the other hand I can get Siemens IQ300 7Kg model for just above ₹30,000. However I am not quite sure how good machine itself is and how great after sales service is going to be. Another point in consideration was, how much dirty clothes are getting? Most time of the day I stay in closed environment. Largest content of 'dirt' would be sweat due to humid weather. Now in this scenario, probably I would not notice improvement/difference in wash quality.

I have not yet booked or ordered anything. But the time is closing in and would like to decide it by this weekend.

I am in Pune and the bigger machine is back home in my native place. Will ask my nephew to posts the pics this sat.

@blr_p @vyral_143
8kg machine at home with the custom made pedestal stand.

There is a drawer in between to store detergents and fabric softeners. The stand is primer painted (by me :D ) I had to return to Pune so skipped the final paint.
This is when it was installed. Called the company guy and got the levelling done properly. Now the cardboard under the machine feet is removed. The floor is not level so one leg still needs some filling underneath like in the pic.

The 6.5kg machine is kept on a simple powder coated stand which I bought locally.
In this pic the stand is not there I will try to post a new pic.

The stand raises the height by about 4" which is good coz I have placed my machine in the bathroom. The length of the bathroom is 6.5feet and the depth of the machine is 16" so it fits perfectly.
Earlier I ordered 7kg for here in pune. but when I visited a mall to recheck the depth I realized that it was about a inch more than what the bathroom door could allow. :( Sadly cancelled that order and Flipkart happily refunded the money and applied same discounts to the next order.

@vyral_143 Pls let me know if you want any specific info or pic of the machine. I will post it I first saw some videos on youtube which kind of discouraged me from buying IFB but on researching little I came to know that either those machines were not levelled or not loaded properly so they vibrated crazy. My machines run smooth(touchwood) that one cannot hear it if I close the bath door.
Just think that TL are popular only in eastern countries or developing countries. Mostly western countries or developed countries use FL. There must be some good reason that FL has been their preferred choice for decades.
After buying my first FL I already bought the second one within a month. That tells how impressed I was. If I had to again I would definitely go for a FL.
Honestly I was more inclined towards the LG brand (just coz many other stuff in my house is LG and working fantastic for years... again touchwood ;-) ) but they were expensive comparatively and no good discount available. So went with IFB. Afterall its Make in India :D
And the 4years all inclusive warranty is unbeatable.

Last edited:
@blr_p @vyral_143
8kg machine at home with the custom made pedestal stand.
View attachment 56242
There is a drawer in between to store detergents and fabric softeners. The stand is primer painted (by me :D ) I had to return to Pune so skipped the final paint.
This is when it was installed. Called the company guy and got the leveling done properly. Now the cardboard under the machine feet is removed. The floor is not level so one leg still needs some filling underneath like in the pic.
This looks interesting, it seems to be about a foot off the floor. is the machine anchored to the stand in any way or is just free standing. There is quite an art to leveling. But is there no risk of it wobbling off and toppling over.

Samsung sells some fancy stands that are $200 in the US for the simple reason of raising the machine. Its a metal stand nicely finished with drawer. You won't find them in India.

@vyral_143 Pls let me know if you want any specific info or pic of the machine. I will post it I first saw some videos on youtube which kind of discouraged me from buying IFB but on researching little I came to know that either those machines were not levelled or not loaded properly so they vibrated crazy. My machines run smooth(touchwood) that one cannot hear it if I close the bath door.
correct

Just think that TL are popular only in eastern countries or developing countries. Mostly western countries or developed countries use FL. There must be some good reason that FL has been their preferred choice for decades.
umm, its a cultural thing. Euros prefer FL's. Americans TL's and Japanese twin tubs. The smallest size you see in the west is 7kg, colder countries means thicker clothes, also they wash bed spreads in them so has to big enough.

americans use the more useful drum volume in cubic feet to designate load ratings for FL's. The only place i saw it expressed that way.

Aussies and Indians are wildcards.

Last edited:
On the other hand I can get Siemens IQ300 7Kg model for just above ₹30,000. However I am not quite sure how good machine itself is and how great after sales service is going to be.
That siemens will work just fine for you. your overhead tank is high enough so water pressure won't be a problem. Service won't be an issue, it will cost more but you will get competent people. don't overload or otherwise abuse it and it will last you anywhere from 5-8 years.

You did not confirm whether your current machine is large enough for your requirement or whether a bigger is required. The 7kg seems to have the same volume as your present semi-automatic. In fact i don't even know why you are looking for a new machine, is it because the older one is giving problems and should now be replaced ?

Now a FL in same category with bigger drum (7Kg) is approx ₹37-40,000 after discount. This over-runs my budget by almost 50%.
Get the instruction manuals of both and compare features. The LG has more programs that you may or may not need. The price is more because of the features. if you can get by then the siemens is fine.

all you need is a cotton wash at 60 degrees and a mixed and delicate which runs at 40 degrees and 30 degrees. a timer so you can load it up and have it start later is useful. All these machines can handle power cuts and resume where they left off. Soap will cost more with a FL than a TL. Ability to skip spin can be useful.

Another point in consideration was, how much dirty clothes are getting? Most time of the day I stay in closed environment. Largest content of 'dirt' would be sweat due to humid weather. Now in this scenario, probably I would not notice improvement/difference in wash quality.
To answer this one has to understand what is your average indian's notion of clean. its whatever the maid can do :)

A tired maid just dunks the clothes in and does not take much trouble. The soap used is the cheapest so in the end it looks clean and may smell clean. But whether its actually clean you will only know if you see residue build up over months. More noticeable with darker colours than lighter ones. if the dark colours start to fade that is buildup. This will not happen if its properly cleaned. Darks will remain dark.

I have not yet booked or ordered anything. But the time is closing in and would like to decide it by this weekend.
its your call, a top loader is what your mother is used to. a FL means changing the way she works. if she is happy with the current semi-auto and its cleaning then a TL is good enough. if you want to try something different then there is the FL.

compare features of the TL you have in mind vs the FL from siemens.

Last edited:
That siemens will work just fine for you. your overhead tank is high enough so water pressure won't be a problem. Service won't be an issue, it will cost more but you will get competent people. don't overload or otherwise abuse it and it will last you anywhere from 5-8 years.

Noted.

You did not confirm whether your current machine is large enough for your requirement or whether a bigger is required. The 7kg seems to have the same volume as your present semi-automatic. In fact i don't even know why you are looking for a new machine, is it because the older one is giving problems and should now be replaced ?

Yes my existing one is apt for my needs. Replacing it because at new place, the earlier owner have made section for washing machine large enough to accommodate a automatic one only. To modify it to make space for current one, I need to disturb adjacent almirah.

Get the instruction manuals of both and compare features. The LG has more programs that you may or may not need. The price is more because of the features. if you can get by then the siemens is fine.

all you need is a cotton wash at 60 degrees and a mixed and delicate which runs at 40 degrees and 30 degrees. a timer so you can load it up and have it start later is useful. All these machines can handle power cuts and resume where they left off. Soap will cost more with a FL than a TL. Ability to skip spin can be useful.

Its your call, a top loader is what your mother is used to. a FL means changing the way she works. if she is happy with the current semi-auto and its cleaning then a TL is good enough. if you want to try something different then there is the FL.

compare features of the TL you have in mind vs the FL from siemens.

Well Siemens one is fitting load as well as budget. However my parents are still reluctant to go for a Front Loader. In this scenario I might end up getting a TL. Whatever it is, will be clear tomo evening. :) For top loader it is LG T8067TEELx. For FL it can be Siemens iQ300 7Kg model.

What are their objections ?

1.. FL is odd compared to TL. Also my mother is used to use TL from 11 years.

2. One of neighbours at new building convinced them that FL needs more water and we have limited supply from 7Am to 12-1Pm. Also water pressure needs to be very high. Now I have already measured water flow speed which is about 7 seconds approx to fill up 1 Lt. bottle, translating to 7.5Lt/min. I think 5-6 hours of water supply is good enough.

Infact with little research you will find that FL need less water compared to TL. coz FL fill the drum only max 25% with water and keeps on tumbling. whereas the TL uses more water as it needs to submerge entire load in water.
Both my IFBs need 0.3bar inlet pressure which is like you will get everywhere.
A little discomfort would be loading and unloading the machine coz one needs to bend but how long does it take to load n unload. Also if you go for a stand like mine even that issue is resolved.
My family was also inclined towards TL but when I bought mine and used it for few weeks they decided to go with it.

@blr_p Yeah I made sure that the machine was levelled and sturdily grounded and not shaky. The stand itself is so heavy that it needs atleast 2 ppl to move it. Its as good as a cement platform. The machine is just sitting on the stand. Not anchored. I have 4-5 inches on all side as gutter space just incase it moves but it has not moved till now.
I had seen those pedastals but its impossible to get such finishing here. So I got the bare minimum made.

1.. FL is odd compared to TL. Also my mother is used to use TL from 11 years.
Can you ask her to show you how high in the current semi-automatic she considers to be a full load. How many inches from the bottom with dry clothes ?

2. One of neighbours at new building convinced them that FL needs more water and we have limited supply from 7Am to 12-1Pm. Also water pressure needs to be very high. Now I have already measured water flow speed which is about 7 seconds approx to fill up 1 Lt. bottle, translating to 7.5Lt/min. I think 5-6 hours of water supply is good enough.
reference

the siemens needs a pressure of 1 bar which corresponds to a tank 10 metres above you or 33 feet. You said you are on the first storey of a 4 storey building. So that means the tank is a minium of 40 feet above. your flow rate is 8.5 lt/min which is adequate.

i don't understand why time that water comes in is of importance, if it goes to an overhead tank then how does it matter. Once pumped its available at any time.

water consumption will be less with a FL but water is cheap for us so it won't matter too much.

Salesman at other store mentioned about requirement of 8L/min flow for LG machine. I think this would be achievable.
surprised the salesmen mentioned this figure for the LG. It applies to their high end models (washer dryer types which come directly from korea) which require 1 bar. their other models can get away with 0.3bar which is a tank directly above or ten feet.

Last edited:
Both my IFBs need 0.3bar inlet pressure which is like you will get everywhere.
How high are your water tanks for both machines ?

My family was also inclined towards TL but when I bought mine and used it for few weeks they decided to go with it.
So they noticed and appreciate the difference in cleaning compared to their previous TL.

Yeah I made sure that the machine was levelled and sturdily grounded and not shaky. The stand itself is so heavy that it needs atleast 2 ppl to move it. Its as good as a cement platform. The machine is just sitting on the stand. Not anchored. I have 4-5 inches on all side as gutter space just incase it moves but it has not moved till now.
I had seen those pedastals but its impossible to get such finishing here. So I got the bare minimum made.
Making it as heavy is key. It looks like the old stand is propped up against it. Its like one fifth the height. That's the most shops can afford to sell so you never see anything bigger.

it does make me slightly nervous to leave it unattended though. So long as the leveling remains it should be ok. with time i suppose the machine will press into the wood more resulting in a wobble. That's a sure sign that it needs to be re-leveled.

I have been to Vijay Sales this evening. After some ping pong, settled for 8067TEELR - 7Kg TL. I really appreciate the inputs from everyone. Before coming to field I did not know this much information.

This is my first post. I am immensely thankful to blr_p and vyral_143 for sharing their knowledge on washing machines. blr_p is almost a scientist - after reading the three pages of posts by blr_p on a different thread, I know more about washing machines than 99% of the people around me and can make an informed decision on my next purchase which I need to make immediately.

So I have been using Samsung Wobble TL, which I sold a couple of days back. Bad experience, poor washing quality and most of the clothes were getting tiny spots perhaps from the lint filter. Done and dusted with it.

I want to buy a TL for convenience of putting clothes in the machine (the FLs seem too low to be convenient, especially for our washing area) and had earlier narrowed down to the same model as vyral_143 purchased - LG with Jet spray but then I think I need hot water capability for better washing quality, which leaves me with Whirlpool Agitronic Ultra 6.5 KG for about 18k online. However, posts by blr_p and astroboy89 got me thinking into considering a FL instead for the sheer quality of wash (read: clean and hygienic). I checked out LG 6 KG basic model FL with 800 rpm yesterday and it is costing about 24k ex-showroom. It has all the features I need, hot water from 40 to 60 degrees, cotton washes (I couldn't figure out the setting for mixed and delicate on jog dial, if someone can comment), and 800 rpm is more than enough to minimize the load on the drum / spider but I can evidently see that the drum is just too small for once a week wash for both of us. There are bed sheets, week's laundry, towels, daily inner wear, everyday gym clothes etc. and it wouldn't suffice with once a week wash and we cannot afford to spend our weekend on washing clothes on both the days and hanging them to dry from multiple loads. Washing during the week is not possible since none of us have the time to hang the clothes to dry and then remove them from clothesline and fold them, send them for ironing etc.

The shop had LG 6 KG and 8 KG side by side and 8 KG seemed to fulfill my need from the drum volume standpoint but it costs 37k which is way beyond my budget which I can stretch to a max of 30k (will go the Bajaj Allianz EMI route) but I am more comfortable with a 28k kind of mark. I read it on the other post by blr_p that drum capacities of varying KGs are similar in volume. Copying pasting the excerpt from another thread:

A point about Korean DD drum sizes since these kg classifications are useless and at times misleading. Drum volume is more useful.
5.2, 5.5. & 6 kg are all the same drum size (~38 litres)
6.5, 7 and even some 8kg models are same drum size (~56 litres)
7.5, 8 kg are the next size (~65 litres)

Is this verified information? It it is, the 8 KG which seemed to fulfill my purpose will be similar to 6.5 KG which I may get a lesser cost. I am anyway heading to the LG showroom today evening to verify this claim. I must disclaim to blr_p that I didn't measure my use and load using the bucket method he/she had suggested, but I know my instinct is right on this one.

At the same time, it'd be great if vyral_143 could share his/her review of the LG TL with Jet spray that he/she bought. Are you satisfied with your purchase or would you have rather made a different choice? How does lack of water heater impact and what is the quality of wash like as compared to extremely satisfactory reviews by FL owners on the forum?

I will update this thread once I am back from the LG showroom in the evening on what we finalize. Thanks

Okay, so no response. I can handle that.

I went to Shah's on OMR (Chennai) and they had all LG FL models on display. Their sales exec - Valli was extremely knowledgeable and had profound know-how on features, and functioning of washing machines. One of the rare experiences in an Indian retail store, I was thoroughly impressed by her intelligence and confidence.

So I clarified and measured the drum sizes for LG front loaders.

5.5 KG, 6 KG and 6.5 KG have the same drum volume.
7 KG, 7.5 KG and 8 KG have the same drum volume.

I finalized on 7.5 KG as 7 KG wasn't available in white and grey / silver in 7 KG was actually priced higher by about INR 700 over 7.5 KG in white. The model I finalized is F10B8EDP2 for INR 33,200 + INR 500 Bajaj Finserv EMI processing charges. I will be making the payment tomorrow morning.

Hope this helps someone in their purchase decision.

I finalized on 7.5 KG as 7 KG wasn't available in white and grey / silver in 7 KG was actually priced higher by about INR 700 over 7.5 KG in white. The model I finalized is F10B8EDP2 for INR 33,200 + INR 500 Bajaj Finserv EMI processing charges. I will be making the payment tomorrow morning.
Pinged my local dealer for a quote on this model. He said 31,500+1.5% bajaj processing fees. Effect 32k.

@zzzeher What I had found that FL had quite small drums and specifically Direct Drive were smaller than regular FLs. In last 6 months of usage I am happy with wash quality out of what product I have bought. I can not compare it with FL as never have experience of wash quality from it.

Okay, so no response. I can handle that.

I went to Shah's on OMR (Chennai) and they had all LG FL models on display. Their sales exec - Valli was extremely knowledgeable and had profound know-how on features, and functioning of washing machines. One of the rare experiences in an Indian retail store, I was thoroughly impressed by her intelligence and confidence.
Indeed, most are clueless. When i pointed out the difference between a 'made in india' lg washer and China, the guy was surprised. Look at ratings plate just above the opening with the door open.

Made in India says LG electronics India Pvt. Ltd..
Made in China just says LG Electronics Inc.

Not seen any Indian ones with 54 litre drums, so far they are the smaller 36 litres. Way too little volume for Direct drive, only reason i see to get these if you have depth constraints or narrow doors. It's 44 cm depth instead of 55cm.

So I clarified and measured the drum sizes for LG front loaders.

5.5 KG, 6 KG and 6.5 KG have the same drum volume.
7 KG, 7.5 KG and 8 KG have the same drum volume.
Right, the weight ratings have shifted ever so slightly upward over the last couple of years.

The difference between 7,7,5 & 8 is the door gets bigger. yes, the door size. The actual opening is the same. The 8kg door has a chrome like finish but it looks like shiny plastic to me.

Hope this helps someone in their purchase decision.
The 7kg is the cheaper alternative when i checked recently.

F10B8QDP20 was quoted to me for 31.5k by a local shop in BLR.

QDP is 7kg
EDP is 7.5kg
TDP is 8kg

F10 is 1000 rpm, F12 is 1200 rpm
20 is white door ie always cheapest, 21 is silver door

The QDP variant i can't find online anywhere not even on LG's India website but its available in shops. Had to go digging for the manual and spotted it on LG's Jordan website (!)

Comparing the EDP & QDP manuals i can't see any difference at all. Dimensions and features all the same. EDP is 7.5 and QDP is 7.0. I'm told the motor is different no way to verify. The EDP you got for 33.5k same as flipkart was quoted to me at 36.5k. The guy said its 5k extra for nothing.

QDP arrived from China in Oct last year so quite recent, EDP has been importing since middle of 2014.

LG FL's at little over 30k :)

Last edited:
Back