Automatic washing machine - Rs.20-25,000 : purchased LG 8067TEELR

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi again,
It appears that a buying spree have started for me :p

I am looking to buy a new automatic washing machine with following aspects in mind;
- after sales service of brand must be good
- for family of 5, approx weight of cloths being washed daily would be around 3.5kg
- must be easy to use and maintain
- budget is approx Rs.20-25,000

Till now we are using semi-automatic from LG since last 10 years, Apart from 3-4 small repairs, it have been working very well. As stated above, it must be easy to use, clean/maintain.

Invest a little more and get the 5.5KG direct drive front load from LG. Following are my observations after switching from a Semi automatic > Top Load Fully auto > Front Load.
  • Wash quality is good
  • Less damage to clothes compared to Top loading
  • Less water usage
  • Very quiet while functioning, you'll hardly know it's running( In case of Direct drive)
Again, if you have the moolah, get the Bosch eyes closed.

@sriharsha_m may I know model number which you are using ?

Currently I'm staying away from home, have a LG Top load. Was using Samsung front load Inverter model at home.

The reason why I suggested LG was, during spin cycle Samsung wobbles a little higher than expected, whereas LG is super quiet even while spinning at 1000 rpm coz Samsung is belt driven while LG uses Direct drive motor. Wash quality is more or less the same in both.

I would stick to LG for now. There are 4 models listed on LG website.

Also what about offerings from Bosch and similar brands ? I remember there were threads about it on TE.

From what I remember, two of the basic LG 5.5KG models are one the same, the old stock is F8091MDL2 and the new stock is F1091MDL2. But basically both are same.
F1091MDL25 is again the same F1091MDL2 in Silver color. All three are same except F80E3MDl2, which has 6 motion DD, It's a good addon if you can stretch your budget.

Coming to Bosch and Siemens, they are a notch above LG, Samsung.
But service would be an issue if you are not living in metros.

I have been using IFB automatic for past 4 year and there have been zero issue so far...
I bought it for 26k at that time

I got myself the LG 6KG Direct Drive (F10B8NDL2). Have migrated from a samsung 5.5Kg front load. The LG is way better. Literally noise less and vibration free. Can recommend LG highly.

Even I wanted to buy Bosch but then I realized that I'll save some money and will get a higher end model in LG than a basic one in Bosch.

Hi again,
It appears that a buying spree have started for me :p

I am looking to buy a new automatic washing machine with following aspects in mind;
- after sales service of brand must be good
- for family of 5, approx weight of cloths being washed daily would be around 3.5kg
- must be easy to use and maintain
- budget is approx Rs.20-25,000

Till now we are using semi-automatic from LG since last 10 years, Apart from 3-4 small repairs, it have been working very well. As stated above, it must be easy to use, clean/maintain.
Your prefrence is for top load and not front load ?

Check terry's thread if you have not already.

Till now I have used top load, if front load and top load operation for Automatic is not much different then I do not mind any. I will search and check out his thread.
A few more additions to my earlier post regarding Top loading vs Front loading.
  • Front loads usually come with built in heater for hot water wash, Only a few Top loads come with heater (read high end)
  • Front load door is locked once the wash cycle starts, you cannot open it till the cycle is finished. Say, power goes off in between cycle, the door is locked till power comes back and the wash cycle is finished.
  • There is an emergency release system though, but it is tedious, you have to open a manual drain valve and then you can open the door by manually unlocking it. The process is so tedious that only extreme cases require you to do this.
  • If budget is not a problem then take a Front load anyday. Trust me you won't regret the decision.

Till now I have used top load, if front load and top load operation for Automatic is not much different then I do not mind any. I will search and check out his thread.
terry's thread is a lg top load.

Cleaning will be better with front load but it will be more expensive. Volume of clothes that makes up 3.5kg means you wont get one wash even with a 7kg load let alone a 5.5kg which means two washes daily.

I don't know what the loading requirements are for top loaders. Since the cylinder revolves vertically instead of horizontally you might be able to get away with more.

How much load can a 5.5kg top load handle for a full load ?

What happens to front loading Automatics, if the power goes. Do they remember where they were, or restart the whole cycle..?

What happens to front loading Automatics, if the power goes. Do they remember where they were, or restart the whole cycle..?
Resumes from where it stopped.
IIRC all the current gen washing machines come with this feature irrespective of Top load/Front load.
Even my 3 yr old Top load has this feature

Last edited:
terry's thread is a lg top load.

Cleaning will be better with front load but it will be more expensive. Volume of clothes that makes up 3.5kg means you wont get one wash even with a 7kg load let alone a 5.5kg which means two washes daily.

I don't know what the loading requirements are for top loaders. Since the cylinder revolves vertically instead of horizontally you might be able to get away with more.

How much load can a 5.5kg top load handle for a full load ?

How's the LGF8091MDL2? I'm inclined towards buying it as its quite cheap and have seen many people recommending LG here.
How's their after sales service in Delhi? And is it cheap to repair?

I have been to Vijay Sales today. Following are quotes I have got;

LG F8091MDL2 - ₹24,800
LG F10B8NDL25 - ₹33,000

Salesman there mentioned about LG being better in terms of after sales in comparison to Siemens.

For top loaders price is in range of ₹20-22k for 6.5kg.

Though my budget is over by more than 50%, I liked LG F10B8NDL25.

Salesman there mentioned about LG being better in terms of after sales in comparison to Siemens.
Depens what he means by better. LG will be cheaper up to a certain extent. I was very intereste din siemens until i realised that the water tank needs to be a minimum height (30 feet) to ensure enough water pressure particularly with their newer models. The older models without the digital displays did not have this limitation.

LG can work with much less water pressure. Even a tank just above is enough. Check the specs.

if front load and top load operation for Automatic is not much different then I do not mind any..
They are different. cleaning is better with a front load but top load means you don't bend your back as much. Top load is flexible in that you can always add clothes later. front load has the ability stop within the first five minutes.

I suspect you can get more washed in a top load but washing quality will be lower. top load takes up less space and is cheaper. front load uses less water. i don't find water costs where i am high enough to be significant enough to warrant one over the other. If you buy a washing machine its to wash clothes and if it washes better then that is what counts. How much better and whether you will notice it, depends how dirty your wash is. rolling around in the mud means better with a front load. Not so rough you could get away with a top load.

if water is soft where you live you can expect 5-8 years out of a front load. repairing the drum will be expensive after and not over loading is critical in ensuring longer life. top loaders are more forgiving.

Back