Car & Bike Automotive detailing products: source?

is there any place in delhi that does interior and exterior detailing using good quality products? i dont want to invest in so many products in one go.

jennifer123 said:
I have tried Meguiar, 3M, Nufinish, waxpol, TurtleWax, Armor-All, Eagle One, Zymol, sonax etc for this site: The very Best of Car Care Products | TATA Safari Club.com

If you are at Chennai, I can provide you some free samples to test them in your car. But Nufinish and NXT are the best. 3M is not bad, but you will get what you pay.

wow jennifer123, thats quite a collection! where did you get all those from? The main reason for starting this thread was for locating a place to buy it from, rather than getting brand recommendations.

PS, i can never turn down free samples

You can buy anything in India now. In Chennai you can find the following products in shops:

EAGLE ONE PRODUCTS:

1-G, First Floor, Century Plaza,

560/562,Anna Salai

Chennai-600 018

Telefax-044-24355201/24355208.

HARI - 9381990500

Note: Be careful, there are lot of expired eagle one products in stock at GP Road, check before buy them.

BARDHAL PRODUCTS:

g106, ground floor, house b, 9th street,

annaagar east, chennai - 102 - 32428835

OWS Products:

Speed Works India

Show Room:Old No.11,New No.18,

Wallace Garden, IInd Street,

Chennai - 600 006.

Ph : 91 - 44 -30281861 / 62 / 64

Fax : 91 - 44 - 30281863.

SONAX Products:

METHOD AUTOMOTIVE:

Flat # 19(old no 10), Door No 10,

Kasturi Appartments, 2nd floor, Kasthuri Ranga Road,

Alwarpet, Chennai - 600018

Phone: 91-44-24988140

Sonax is available now in all Shell Petrol bumps and even at SARAVANA STORES. (They will even give you a sneha photo free!!!)

STP products you can buy from Rahman, GP Road.

Note: All other shops having only DUPLICATE STP - Sun Of GUN. Be careful and they usually dont have the 'imported by' sticker.

Armor All products you can buy from the shop opp. to old Gupta automobiles. I forget the shop name, its 2 shops after VAS.

MEGUIAR's products:

ANU TRADERS 9444074469

# 60, SAKHTI FLAT,

SRIDEVI NAGAR 1ST MAIN ROAD

ALAPAKKAM

CHENNAI - 600166

or

Hipershine & Grooming Enterprises 09840783245

C-26 Amudham Colony South Boag Road,

T.Nagar CHENNAI-600017

3M car care Products

sri balaji agencies, Op.. SIT College, thenampet

WAXPOL, VISTA, Formula 1, TurtleWax, Motomax, Kangaroo, ABRO, PowerHouse, Cyclo and AbelAuto products usually available in almost every shops at GP Road.

Amway you can buy from the guy at your next door.

LA's you can buy from the one dollar store at besant nagar.

Turtle wax is available in a petrol bump at T.Nagar, but i forget the name, ask rahman - he will help you.

Products like QUIXX, Sprayway, LEXOL, CPR, Nufinish you have to import from: 20north or KMD.

Awesome! Thanks for the addresses. And 20north isnt half bad either!

Now where did the reps button go?

SunnyBoi said:
did anyone say meguiars? :p well here's my collection :eek:hyeah:

this, a bottle of Ultimate Quik Detailer and a tin of NXT 1.0 is missing from the pic :p. Also have stocked some 4-5 different turtle wax stuff.

Meguiars is AWESOME if you can afford it :D

sunny whats good for polishing Chrome ? :)

palito said:
sunny whats good for polishing Chrome ? :)

You can go to a paintshop, hardware store or an automotive accessories store and ask for silicon polish. If you cant find that, I have used Silvo on chrome and it does a decent job, but i would still recommend the silicon polish.
I have a related question. What is the best way to remove rust from chrome. I hear stories of people using this white powder which removes rust really well, but it comes back in worse than before. Any suggestions?

Grease Monk said:
I have a related question. What is the best way to remove rust from chrome. I hear stories of people using this white powder which removes rust really well, but it comes back in worse than before. Any suggestions?

If you want the best shine, go for Turtle wax Chrome shine thingy :p its 176 odd for a bottle.

If its got slightly more oxidation, get Waxpol metal polish! One small can is 30 rupees, and it works damn damn well to get rid of rust from chrome surfaces :D and it keeps chrome rust free until it gets wet.

@Monk : The white powder is chalk powder. Removes rust nicely, but removes chrome as well :p it looks good when you do it, but the whole area gets more rust in coupla days. not recommended.

Get the waxpol for now. comes very clsoe to turtle wax :p

both turtle and waxpol remove rust, but waxpol is far better to remove rust. what i do is one pass of waxpol then one pass of turtle wax :p

^^^ thanks for the advice :) will get both :) & do two passes :)

OT: Still on Automobile : wats best to use wash engine blocks & oil slicks ?

petrol,diesel or kerosene ?

Back