Av Cabilnet cooling ?

vbhoj74

Disciple
Guys, how do you ventilate your AV cabinet ?

I've a cabinet which has a receiver, dvd player, STB & PS3. Whenever use the PS3 specially the entire cabinet heats up in some time. I was thinking of putting a 120mm fan system with thermostat, any suggestions on where I can get one with the thermostat ?

Something like this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-fan-2-Zone-Thermostatic-Cooling-for-AV-Cabinets_W0QQitemZ360114648994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item360114648994&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

NB: apologies if I posted it in an incorrect topic, its my 1st post and am desperately needing a solutions to the above.

If possible, try and use channelled airflow. A single 120mm fan is a very poor way to ventilate a large space like an AV rack.

I normally open up the rear panels completely. This ensures front to back airflow, which can take care of most heat.

The Antec Tricools are tri-speed 120mm fans, and Thermaltake has some thermally speed-controlled fans. For something like your needs though, a custom-built solution is probably better, or a rack with some open panels.

sangram said:
If possible, try and use channelled airflow. A single 120mm fan is a very poor way to ventilate a large space like an AV rack.

I normally open up the rear panels completely. This ensures front to back airflow, which can take care of most heat.

The Antec Tricools are tri-speed 120mm fans, and Thermaltake has some thermally speed-controlled fans. For something like your needs though, a custom-built solution is probably better, or a rack with some open panels.

Thermaltake 120mm fan 2 seems to be good at $20. Can we get it in India ?

My cabinet is all sides covered, so the fan seems to be the solution.

check the fans DO in the Dealer section. katmandude has a nice selection of fans on sale including some thermaltake models.(afaik)

zhopudey said:
Welcome to TE :) Will you be cutting holes in the cabinet walls to fit the fans?

Yes would cut holes on the top middle rear portion. I've one shelf in the cabinet, thus would make one hole each per. In total plan to put up two fans.

@sTALKEr: thanks bro will check up that thread.

Back