B&N Nook HD+ AND Nook Simple Touch at 269$. Good deal?

RD274

I.can.edit.this?omg
Skilled
I've been looking for a large Android tablet for a while now and while I was quite decided on getting a cheap Iconia A200/A500, hardware aside I realised I wanted an HD screen. And while hunting this came up.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook-hd-plus-barnes-noble/1110060512#

Any idea if this is a good deal? The Simple Touch would make a nice gift to someone or I could maybe just sell it off to lower costs. Also how would customs handle both the tablets coming in?

It is 16%, same as laptops. So is this a good deal? I mainly want it for watching movies, reading books and light internet browsing.

Also whats my best option to bring this back? I have a ShopnShip account.

Got a disappointing quote of 20k for just the Nook HD+ (thats not counting the customs and duties of the Simple Touch) :(

Got a disappointing quote of 20k for just the Nook HD+ (thats not counting the customs and duties of the Simple Touch) :(

You need to take into account local sales tax too, as B&N charges tax in all states (making the actual cost around $290) The quote they have given should be including everything, I don't think they will charge additional duty for the Simple Touch. Did they mention anything like that specifically?

I don't think you will get it cheaper from another provider.

You need to take into account local sales tax too, as B&N charges tax in all states (making the actual cost around $290) The quote they have given should be including everything, I don't think they will charge additional duty for the Simple Touch. Did they mention anything like that specifically?

I don't think you will get it cheaper from another provider.

This is my quote:
Item Description: NOOK HD+ Tablet Slate 16GB qty 1
Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 16,127
International Shipping: Rs. 1,100
Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 3,089
- DISCOUNT - Rs. 100
------------------
TOTAL Rs. 20,216

Hmm you're right. For just the Nook, 20k isn't that bad. But I'm pretty sure they haven't accounted for the Simple Touch as the item description doesn't mention it. I suppose the Simple Touch will add a further 2k to the bill, probably more... which completely blows my budget.

Hmm you're right. For just the Nook, 20k isn't that bad. But I'm pretty sure they haven't accounted for the Simple Touch as the item description doesn't mention it. I suppose the Simple Touch will add a further 2k to the bill, probably more... which completely blows my budget.

You need to mention that in the request specifically, as when you click on the Free Simple Touch link, it gets added to the card, but the price remains the same. So there won't be any difference in the customs duty, just the shipping cost may change, but effective today they have some 25% discount on shipping too. So the final price won't change much.

You need to mention that in the request specifically, as when you click on the Free Simple Touch link, it gets added to the card, but the price remains the same. So there won't be any difference in the customs duty, just the shipping cost may change, but effective today they have some 25% discount on shipping too. So the final price won't change much.

haha yeah I mentioned that in CAPS in the description and even told them that when they called up as they weren't clear about the query, but they still managed to goof up lol. Anyways free or not, I guess the customs would still be charged - meaning another 1k or 2k.

Also that 25% discount only seems to be on shipping charges and nothing else, which would only mean 300 - 400 I guess.

All in all, I think I'll back out of this. Even if I get the tablet for 22k and manage to sell the Simple Touch for 5k, I would be cutting my 15k budget very fine :(. I guess I'll look for used - mint condition tablets like the Nook HD+/Kindle Fire 8.9 around the 170 - 190$ range and settle for that.

haha yeah I mentioned that in CAPS in the description and even told them that when they called up as they weren't clear about the query, but they still managed to goof up lol. Anyways free or not, I guess the customs would still be charged - meaning another 1k or 2k.

Also that 25% discount only seems to be on shipping charges and nothing else, which would only mean 300 - 400 I guess.

All in all, I think I'll back out of this. Even if I get the tablet for 22k and manage to sell the Simple Touch for 5k, I would be cutting my 15k budget very fine :(. I guess I'll look for used - mint condition tablets like the Nook HD+/Kindle Fire 8.9 around the 170 - 190$ range and settle for that.

The customs is charged on the declared value itself for iShopInternational and here since the item is free, the declared value or the item cost remains the same whether the Simple Touch is included or not, so there will be no additional duty.

Yes 25% off is only for shipping and my point being, even after adding the extra weight for the Simple Touch, the final price will still be around 20k. If you manage to sell the touch for 5k, you will be within your budget.

Back