Baba Ramdev's Patanjali bigger than Emami with Rs 2,500 crores yearly revenues

I dont understand why people buy without FSSAI logo?

Earlier, in my house, there was a Patanjali fad. And to get rid of the fad, if there was a patanjali alternative, I bought it. Cornflakes, Honey, Ghee, etc - you name it, I bought it. And in a month, nasha uttar gaya.

Last edited:
All of you guys, Whats your problem with patanjali products. Are you congress supporter?
Or do you hate indian entrepreneurs?
I like quality products at lesser price. Patanjali satisfies both those requirements. Aren't these things enough for the success of this brand?
And in the last, its made in india. Thats again +1 for me.
Take you prpoganda somewhere else. Dont spread rumours.

All of you guys, Whats your problem with patanjali products. Are you congress supporter?
I like quality products at lesser price. Patanjali satisfies both those requirements. Aren't these things enough for the success of this brand?

Good point.

Firstly, I am no congress supporter.

I support entrepreneurship.

Just to simplify things, I am comparing my roadside vadapav chap here in Andheri to Jumboking.

Quality products - this is where I have issues. Is it really quality. What defines quality? Is it only taste? I find my roadside vadapav guy make better quality vadapav than Jumboking. Is it hygiene? We rely on certain certifications which mean that the factory has a SOP in place, and is capable of maintaining quality and other parameters.

I just doubt Patanjali has those. I cannot expect my vadapav to have those certification, but he makes the item in front of me, and I am expected to consume it immediately. While for Patanjali products, I keep it in shelf for the next few days/weeks/months. These are ensured by those certs which Patanjali does not have or claims to not require or whatever excuse...

Nationalism. So till now, did Dabur and other companies import the products and sell them? Nopes. They made the same in India, using Indian labour. But, then by the same extended logic, I should stop buying iPhones, Nexus devices, Sony TV, Card etc and only buy Micromax and other chinese crap. Oh, since Xiaomi too sorts of makes the phones in India, like MMX, I should buy them only.

Make in India is good. We have some of the best software talent. Our clothes exports too are good. I think this Patanjali thing is good, but to attack others on the name of nationalism is not a good idea.

The only propaganda being spread is by people who are ignorant of the entire thing and get fixated on things like nationalism.

Till Patanjali gets the proper certs, I am going to avoid them. I think their toothpaste is great, and the other products are good too. In the end, more choices is always a good thing. The customer is king!

1. No quality control. Poor quality materials and non-compliance with regulations. Adulterated products.
2. Many products made in factories without appropriate operating licenses and/or under non-compliant conditions.
3. Products sold without any quality and standards certification or fake certification logos used.
4. Bogus manufacturing and expiry dates. Even in Jan/Feb 2016, people found Patanjali products with mfg date as Aug or Oct 2016 etc. and its not a one off incident either to be thought of as an error. So, only god knows when the product that you thought was manufactured in Aug 2016 was actually manufactured. It may be Aug 2015 or even older.
5. False advertising/marketing.
6. Dubious investment sources. Most of their investments are black money of Congress, BJP and several other politicians.

Normally, it would be a big scandal if some non Indian company indulges in these kind of practices. Just look at the Maggi debacle. Just because one lab gave out whats seemingly erroneous or deliberately doctored results (which were disproved by results of other labs in India as well as outside), it turned into such a big scandal.

Patanjali noodles were found to be manufactured in plants that didn't have the license to manufacture make them and didn't follow food safety regulations on multiple fronts. But what happened? After the initial results were out, the whole thing was suppressed.

Because of the fact that its a Indian company and because of the political clout they have from various parties, they have been able to suppress investigations or at least keep mainstream media at bay.

As it stands today, any product that's made by outside companies are much safer simply for the reason that they have to go though checks which the local brands like Patanjali are bypassing.

Its laughable that there are people naive enough to think that Patanjali is linked to one political party. Just shows how stupid people are our country and explains how politicians manage to play them so easily. When it comes to corruption, there are no boundaries.

If patriotism means shamelessly supporting companies selling sub standard products without any respect for regulations in the country and playing with the people, then patriotism is an absurd sentiment. It is no different than the blind religious fanaticism that drives terrorists to their unreasonable and extremist behavior.

If you have any respect for the country, have the integrity to be fair in calling out wrong doing when you see it be it from a local brand or foreign brand rather than blindly supporting Indian brands just for the heck of it.

I too support and buy Indian brands, but only when they are worth it. I don't support a brand just because its local. For instance, Dabur is an Indian brand, but just look at their honey, it literally reeks of antibiotics and I never recommend it to anyone. I buy Girijan honey which is also a very local brand and of considerably better quality

Never go full retard man.

I am only using toothpaste and shampoo and nariyal biscuit as it tastes better than britannia/sunfeast. Dont blindly follow any brand indian or outside.

Hey lord nemesis. Your reply is pethatic. Its like you copied and posted here from Wikipedia. Maggi is a perfect example of how big foreign companies take indian customers for granted. It getting caught was just one of the incident. It then bribed those desi babus to reinstall it once again. Its not hard to beleive why you are supporting such a company. Afterall it had all the approvals and certifications that you think are the pinaccle of quality. Lol!
Your understanding of how these certifications are alloted is so bleak that its laughable. You think certification are there for your safeguard? Well think again. They are there for increasing the profits of governments and companies. They basically act as a deterrent for genuine companies who don't have enough money to fight multinational companies. Also, the numerous certifactions are the biggest reason why the cost of products go up. In practical terms Certification means bribe+malpractices+ false feeling of goodness/purity.

There are so many products out there that are completely banned outside but are completely approved by your certifaction companies like combiflam, aspirin(med) etc.

Certification is not a replacement of trust. It just act as a guideline. And almost all the times its bribed and forged.

So, if you base your assumption on certifications alone then so be it. There are still 1 billion other people who understand and trust what real purity and quality is all about. As we can see in the balance sheet of patanjali.

You dont have to tell us what to buy and what not to buy. We are smarter than you are and know that homemade food is always better than food in a restaurant.

And by the way pantanjali dant kanti is far superior than colgate and pepsodent. Use it yourself and find out instead of spreading and cut- copy- paste your dillutions here.

In the last if you want to keep on using bad quality certified products from multinational companies then do it nobody is stopping you from doing that. But, dont spread rumours and false agenda about indian companies.

Last edited:
Which is what you're doing in this thread.
Your point being? I am not the one to accuse patanjali products in the first place. If you have a solid argument, I am open to it. But, if someone wuld copy and paste paragraph from wilipedia and think we will buy his argument just like lord nemesis did here. Then you too are dillutional.

By the way try dant kanti toothpaste. And you wuld know what a quality product means over certified colgate and pepsodent.

Last edited:
My point is if you like it continue using it, you don't have to defend it and bring in national and political affiliations into the mix if someone doesn't because those arguments are just ridiculous.
At the end of the day they're all businesses and are out to make a profit, shouldn't blind you of some questionable and valid allegations that have been made just because they make it in India or have strong links to the current ruling party.

Hey lord nemesis. Your reply is pethatic. Its like you copied and posted here from Wikipedia. Maggi is a perfect example of how big foreign companies take indian customers for granted. It getting caught was just one of the incident. It then bribed those desi babus to reinstall it once again. Its not hard to beleive why you are supporting such a company. Afterall it had all the approvals and certifications that you think are the pinaccle of quality.

Maggi samples were tested in various labs from India and outside India as well. The lab that started this fiasco didn't have the necessary facilities and equipment to do a proper test, but even if we consider that India is full of morally bankrupt people like yourself that cannot be trusted to act with integrity, the tests performed on the stocks from India in other countries also show that there is nothing wrong with them. Its not like the Nestle factory is going to make a large batch of noodles and add extra lead only to the portion meant for India.

The whole fiasco was clear cut case of Ram Dev and Patanjali trying to sabotage and damage the biggest player in the market and use that opportunity to make a big entrance for their product.

Your understanding of how these certifications are alloted is so bleak that its laughable. You think certification are there for your safeguard? Well think again. They are there for increasing the profits of governments and companies. They basically act as a deterrent for genuine companies who don't have enough money to fight multinational companies. Also, the numerous certifactions are the biggest reason why the cost of products go up. In practical terms Certification means bribe+malpractices+ false feeling of goodness/purity.

Certification is not a replacement of trust. It just act as a guideline. And almost all the times its bribed and forged.

You do realize that some certifications are necessary to sell certain types of products and that it would be literally illegal to sell otherwise? While we cannot say fro sure whether a company bribed their way into getting a certification or not, what kind of message do you get when a company outright sells products without necessary certifications or when they print fake logos without without the certification. That may mean the pinnacle of trustworthiness for somebody like you with that weird aesthetics about trustworthiness, but for me, its most definitely a company that cannot be relied upon to buy toilet paper from let alone food or medicine.

To answer your question, no I don't blindly go by certifications, but for sure, I would be inclined to trust a brand that potentially may or may not have paid their way to get the certification than I would a brand that didn't even try to get the certification or tried to fake them to fool their users.

There are so many products out there that are completely banned outside but are completely approved by your certifaction companies like combiflam, aspirin(med) etc.

Those medicines are not banned because our country thinks that its better to have some medicines than have no choice but spend on expensive patented medicines or not have any medicines at all. Its a matter of local policy. Nothing to do with certifications. You are simply barking up the wrong pole. But still, lets see if the govt has the guts to ban these medicines. Don't think so, simply because a lot of Indian pharma companies rely on making duplicates of these kind of medicines.

So, if you base your assumption on certifications alone then so be it. There are still 1 billion other people who understand and trust what real purity and quality is all about. As we can see in the balance sheet of patanjali.

You may be the kind guy who would be stupid enough to jump from a 50 floor building if 10 other idiots jump before you or pick up and consume a steamy pile of poo as long as its 100% "desi made", but sorry, I don't swing that way. Even if you claim that there are 1 billion idiots on your side, That is no reason for me to play an idiot myself.

At the end of the day, whether you consider advise from others is something you need to use your own brain to decide for your self and you can go ahead and consume all the Patanjali products you can get. Heck, I am least bothered if you consume all the dog shit you find, because that's your choice to make, but you don't get to dictate whether somebody can warn others.

Its no different than when somebody sees that a road is full of mud and ditches and potentially hazardous and warns others about it. You still have the choice to go on that path at your own risk, but you cannot make demands that people stop warning others.

Maggi samples were tested in various labs from India and outside India as well. The lab that started this fiasco didn't have the necessary facilities and equipment to do a proper test, but even if we consider that India is full of morally bankrupt people like yourself that cannot be trusted to act with integrity, the tests performed on the stocks from India in other countries also show that there is nothing wrong with them. Its not like the Nestle factory is going to make a large batch of noodles and add extra lead only to the portion meant for India.

The whole fiasco was clear cut case of Ram Dev and Patanjali trying to sabotage and damage the biggest player in the market and use that opportunity to make a big entrance for their product.

You do realize that some certifications are necessary to sell certain types of products and that it would be literally illegal to sell otherwise? While we cannot say fro sure whether a company bribed their way into getting a certification or not, what kind of message do you get when a company outright sells products without necessary certifications or when they print fake logos without without the certification. That may mean the pinnacle of trustworthiness for somebody like you with that weird aesthetics about trustworthiness, but for me, its most definitely a company that cannot be relied upon to buy toilet paper from let alone food or medicine.

To answer your question, no I don't blindly go by certifications, but for sure, I would be inclined to trust a brand that potentially may or may not have paid their way to get the certification than I would a brand that didn't even try to get the certification or tried to fake them to fool their users.

Those medicines are not banned because our country thinks that its better to have some medicines than have no choice but spend on expensive patented medicines or not have any medicines at all. Its a matter of local policy. Nothing to do with certifications. You are simply barking up the wrong pole. But still, lets see if the govt has the guts to ban these medicines. Don't think so, simply because a lot of Indian pharma companies rely on making duplicates of these kind of medicines.

You may be the kind guy who would be stupid enough to jump from a 50 floor building if 10 other idiots jump before you or pick up and consume a steamy pile of poo as long as its 100% "desi made", but sorry, I don't swing that way. Even if you claim that there are 1 billion idiots on your side, That is no reason for me to play an idiot myself.

At the end of the day, whether you consider advise from others is something you need to use your own brain to decide for your self and you can go ahead and consume all the Patanjali products you can get. Heck, I am least bothered if you consume all the dog shit you find, because that's your choice to make, but you don't get to dictate whether somebody can warn others.

Its no different than when somebody sees that a road is full of mud and ditches and potentially hazardous and warns others about it. You still have the choice to go on that path at your own risk, but you cannot make demands that people stop warning others.
No, that doesn't change anything. You still have no sense of what you just said and your knowledge is still pathetic. I am sorry to say. But, Whining about everything and calling 1 billion people stupid won't increase your single digit IQ. The least it does is that it actually reflects on your common sense. By saying that you dont agree with 1 billion people proves that common sense is unfortunately not so common after all. Your comment was simply nonsense! lol

By the way try dant kanti toothpaste. And you wuld know what a quality product means over certified colgate and pepsodent.

Ingredients of Dant Kanti.

Akarkara (Anacyclus pyretheum) 20 mg
Neem (Azadirachta indica) 10 mg
Babool (Acacia Arabica) 20 mg
Tomar (Xanthoxylum alatum) 20 mg
Pudina (Mentha spicata) 10 mg
Laung (Syzygium aromaticum) 10 mg
Pippli (Piper sylvaticum) 10 mg
Vajradanti (Barleria prionitis) 10 mg
Bakul (Mimusops elengi) 10 mg
Vidang (Embelia ribes) 10 mg
Haldi (Curcuma longa) 10 mg
Pilu (Salvadora persica) 10 mg
Majuphal (Quercus infectoria) 5 mg

Base material: – Calcium Carbonate- 38-42% , Sorbitol-18-22%, Glycerine-4-8%, Sodium Banzoate-1.0-1.6%, Precipitated silica - 3.0-4.5%, perfume-1.0-1.3%, Sodium Lauryl Suplhate (SLS Powder) - 2.0-2.7%, Triclosan- 0.03-0.5, SCMC-0.550-0.625%, Polyethylene glycol, Sodium Saccharine, Sodium mono Flurophosphate, Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, Zinc Citrate, Tri-sodium Ortho phosphate, Distilled Water.

Flavor : dihydromyrcenol, beta iodine, linalool, citral, cis-3-hexenyl acetate

Ingredients of Colgate (Non Herbal)

Sodium Fluoride 0.24% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion) - Anticavity,Triclosan 0.30% - Antigingivitis
Hydrated Silica, Water, Glycerin, Sorbitol, PVM/MA Copolymer, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cellulose Gum, Flavor, Sodium Hydroxide, Carrageenan, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide

For all the noise about the quality, Dant Kanti contains many of the same chemicals that they claim make the other tooth pastes bad.

Each 10 grams quantity of the Dant Kanti paste contains only 155 mg of natural ingredients. That equates to all of 1.55% of the toothpaste. So, what does the rest 98.45% contain? Various chemicals that make up the main base of the tooth paste.

The primary components for the base is calcium carbonate and silica (aka sand) as well and apparently in a very grainy form compared to even other tooth pastes of that type. One of the reasons I do not like grainy tooth pastes is that while the graininess may make you feel like they are cleaning the teeth, the abrasive nature of the material results in damage to the tooth. Unless your teeth are layered with plaque and grime from cigarette/Beedi smoking and gutka and those kind of bad habits, this sort of abrasive tooth paste should not be used at all and even then should be used with care for short duration. People with fairly clean teeth will have no need for a abrasive tooth paste of this sort.

Sodium Benzoate is a preservative. In combination with Vitamin C, it can form benzene which is a known carcinogen.
Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS Powder) is technically powdered soap. Its considered a probable carcinogen.
Triclosan is used as anti-bacterial and its also a carcinogen, so its usage is restricted to medical products for short term use.

Every Herbal and non herbal tooth paste out there has similar ingredients. So, what is your absurd verdict of quality based on?

No, that doesn't change anything. You still have no sense of what you just said and your knowledge is still pathetic. I am sorry to say. But, Whining about everything and calling 1 billion people stupid won't increase your single digit IQ. The least it does is that it actually reflects on your common sense. By saying that you dont agree with 1 billion people proves that common sense is unfortunately not so common after all. Your comment was simply nonsense! lol

Your ignorance, self denial and superstitious belief in shady businesses run by bogus Baba's is apparent. As for the question of IQ, don't you worry about mine. You should probably worry more about yours which looks quite apparently to be an imaginary number.

Lastly, belief of 1 billion people does not make make a fact out of fiction or change a lie into the truth. That's an absurd argument. I myself for instance, don't believe in the absurdity and idiocy of God and Religion. That already makes me at odds with more than 1 billion people in our country and nearly 6.5~7 billion people across the world who believe in that stuff. But, even a single one of them have yet to show that their blind belief is not in a fairly tale.

Good point.

Firstly, I am no congress supporter.

I support entrepreneurship.

Just to simplify things, I am comparing my roadside vadapav chap here in Andheri to Jumboking.

Quality products - this is where I have issues. Is it really quality. What defines quality? Is it only taste? I find my roadside vadapav guy make better quality vadapav than Jumboking. Is it hygiene? We rely on certain certifications which mean that the factory has a SOP in place, and is capable of maintaining quality and other parameters.

I just doubt Patanjali has those. I cannot expect my vadapav to have those certification, but he makes the item in front of me, and I am expected to consume it immediately. While for Patanjali products, I keep it in shelf for the next few days/weeks/months. These are ensured by those certs which Patanjali does not have or claims to not require or whatever excuse...

Nationalism. So till now, did Dabur and other companies import the products and sell them? Nopes. They made the same in India, using Indian labour. But, then by the same extended logic, I should stop buying iPhones, Nexus devices, Sony TV, Card etc and only buy Micromax and other chinese crap. Oh, since Xiaomi too sorts of makes the phones in India, like MMX, I should buy them only.

Make in India is good. We have some of the best software talent. Our clothes exports too are good. I think this Patanjali thing is good, but to attack others on the name of nationalism is not a good idea.

The only propaganda being spread is by people who are ignorant of the entire thing and get fixated on things like nationalism.

Till Patanjali gets the proper certs, I am going to avoid them. I think their toothpaste is great, and the other products are good too. In the end, more choices is always a good thing. The customer is king!
Dude you can type so much but can't help me with kerberos

Which is what you're doing in this thread.
That is basically the whole discussion has gone to. One of my friends was hounded on twitter by Jio fanbois for "telling people not to buy Jio" because he negatively reviewed Jio. As if random people on a random platform (forum or twitter) can cause some crores of losses and plummet an empire. If some empire is so susceptible to a random person, they deserve to fall.

Now Swadeshi Jeans http://www.firstpost.com/business/p...explore-global-markets-with-fmcg-3000214.html .

Next Swadeshi underwear.

What non-sense is this in name of swadeshi? One Baba is 1500 crores of worth and other Little known dude with 94% stake in Patanjali has an net worth of 25,600 crore. Stop encouraging these persons who call them sanyasi's and amass wealth like corporates.
I just checked the article, doesn't seem to mention this little known guy. Any links where this guy is mentioned and who is he exactly?

Back