Laptops Backlit Keyboard in Inspiron?

Vince

Boogie-Man
Skilled
Hi

Does anyone have any info if backlit kepbaord is an option for Dell Inspirons? A friend who works for dell said its customizable, but their CC says impossible.

I'd buy the Inspi 14 (old) on the spot if it had a backlit keyboard :(

getting a 500GB HDD upgrade itself was hard enough. I was first told that it was not possible at all, and only later that it was on option

I think dell wants to minimize the flexiblity of the inspiron range to a few base configs which we'll be stuck with, and let only the studios have the full options list...

or maybe its just the lazy cc :p

If a laptop was not designed to support a backlit keyboard, it may not have the required connectors ( recall reading in the asus UL 30VT backlit keyboard mod that the keyboards were swappable, but the backlit keyboard had an extra connector for the backlight supply which was not supported by the motherboard, and you had to find a source for it elsewhere)

^^ Same case here bro! First time they said i couldnt change the specs/customizations given on the site.
when i called up one week later, they let me change hdd, ram and even added a gfx card for the inspi 14R!

and tough luck on the backlit keyboard i guess :(

^same here.. Ordered a Dell 14R with a ati 5470, 1GB Graphics card. Currently the 14R models on the site dont have them.

^You should have chosen to customise the configuration. Only then would you know. The standard config does not display ATI graphics as an option.

the configuration options in none of the laptopds listed discrete graphics. It appears it was available as an option via phone

No its not available for the 14R. But i wanted a 14 inch laptop only.
took this as the base: Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 14R Laptop (T540609IN8)
Added in Win 7 HP
Ati 5470 1GB
3 yrs cc
costing 44300

Back