Bad packing of mouse from Flipkart

I had ordered an HP mouse from Flipkart which arrived today.

The external packing of the mouse was good, with bubble wrap, but the package of the mouse itself was not good. The package is torn from front to back, and was sealed with tape. Although the mouse looks new, but it had little dust on it, when I took it out. So, it looks like the package was opened.

In other words, it does not look fresh, like a new product should, and this has got me disappointed, and in doubt of the product.

Here are the photos that I clicked of the mouse when I noticed the packing. Unfortunately, I did not notice this in front of the courier guy, although I did open the package in front of him to make sure the desired product was what I had received.

http://imgur.com/4RQy4Fl

http://imgur.com/SZj9Rjp

So, my query is what should I do? Should I return the product?

I was thinking of writing to Flipkart about this, about the bad packing.

The bad packing of the mouse, and the dust on it, has raised doubts in my mind. Other than this, the mouse seems to be working well.

Also, on the site, the warranty is said to be 3 years, but on the packing, it says 1 year.

Please advise as to what should I do.

If I should return the mouse... should I return and get refund, or should I ask for a replacement with a fresh piece?

Another thing... the seller on the site was SastiDukaan, but on the package, the seller is Kitab Ghar, Gurgaon. So, is this another issue?

Last edited:
Obviously, the package is defective. Send those pics to Flipkart and ask for replacement. Did you buy from a Flipkart advantage seller?

Thank you for your reply.

For this HP mouse, I don't see any seller with Flipkart advantage. There were 7 sellers, and I chose the one with lowest price, although its rating was 3.3, but others were 3.4 or so, so I thought it won't make much difference. Obviously, it was a mistake. Should be more careful from now.

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-ky619-3-...mouse/p/itmdunrvvtrfnuhy?pid=ACCCYVMEXZSQJJNB

Will wait for more replies to see what others suggest.

sasti dukaan ka feeka pakwan :p It may be a product someone else returned so it looks new though packing opened and why does it have so much chinese on it.you sure its original ?

Really man, rightly said... sasti dukaan ka nikla feeka pakwan. I shouldn't have gone for sasta samaan.

I don't know why the package is like that. The product seems original though, and the mouse itself is working fine.

If I do go for a replacement, does it have to be from the same seller, or can I order from another seller?

return it.. mention that product was already opened and a used one..
if one pays for a brand new product, why should he/she compromise with anything less..
also give the seller a 1 star rating and post comments and images on flipkart.. should teach the seller a lesson and he would think once before repeating this again..

Thank you guys. I have decided to return the item.

@swagatrath , you are correct... when I ordered a brand new product and paid for it, why should I compromise.

I will definitely review the seller and give 1 rating.

When I return the item, if there is option to add photos and comments, I will do that too. If not, I will write to Flipkart separately, regarding this matter.

This is my second bad experience with Flipkart. Another one was in December, when I had ordered Moto G4, and after it was shipped, it got cancelled in between.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am choosing Reason for return as "Item or part was broken/damaged on arrival", and then for Issue with item, I choose "Packaging or box was damaged". On choosing these options, option of returning fully is not being shown. Instead in Request Return, it only gives the option of "I want a new piece".

So, it seems that with this issue, they don't return fully, but will send a new piece again.

Should I go with this option, or should I mail them first demanding a return? I don't want to get stuff from this seller again.[DOUBLEPOST=1468654139][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I opted the choice for "Item no longer wanted", and I got the choice for a refund. Let's see how it goes.[DOUBLEPOST=1468677711][/DOUBLEPOST]The mouse was picked up today itself, and I got the refund in the evening. So, that's quite a fast service from Flipkart. Impressed, I must say.

I posted review of the seller, and gave 1 rating.

Thank you for all your help guys.

Last edited:
Back