Security Software Bank with best banking mobile app

rajil.s

Adept
Anybody has a view which bank has the best mobile app. My experience is with ICICI and the worst thing about it detects your sim each time you open the app. That means you cannot have any other sim in your phone.

Last edited:
My experience is with ICICI and the worst thing about it detects your so each time you open the app. That means you cannot have any other sim in your phone.
I use the ICICI iMobile app and have 2 SIMs. Haven't faced this issue. Is it some new update?

Kotak's app is from 2015. All stuck in one screen.

I found Amex's app the best for CC use. I have HDFC, ICICI , SC and Kotak and apps for all the banks are very poor. .

Anybody has a view which bank has the best mobile app. My experience is with ICICI and the worst thing about it detects your so each time you open the app. That means you cannot have any other sim in your phone.

I found ICICI app to the best till now. I dont use second sim so not aware of this issue.
Worst has been HDFC but the new app is quite good

Anybody has a view which bank has the best mobile app. My experience is with ICICI and the worst thing about it detects your so each time you open the app. That means you cannot have any other sim in your phone.
Didn't get you. It detects what? You didn't specified. If you are speaking about sim or something well once you activate the app with your phone no. (which of course needs to be in your phone and forever as long as you are using the app) you aren't asked for any re-verification unless and only if you format the phone or remove and install the app back. And its the same with every banking app and it is done for security reasons. I'm using dual sim phone and it doesn't matter if your banking sim is in which slot.

The best experiences till date I have is with Axis. No nonsense, pretty simple, organized and clutter free.
Next is SBI.
Next ICICI

Didn't get you. It detects what? You didn't specified.

Thanks for pointing that out. My excuse is that my phone ate my words :)

"My experience is with ICICI and the worst thing about it detects your sim each time when you open the app".

I have experience with American/British banks and none of them require sim to be present in the phone. As you long you do the 2 factor authentication when installing the app, they are happy to run with any sim in the phone. This is a god send if you are traveling internationally and have to use a local sim.

In previous versions, ICICI imobile app used to behave similarly, IIRC. However I don't understand why they changed their policy.
Post automatically merged:

digibank is good, kotak is also nice.

Never heard of digibank, but their website seems quite polished. I am guessing it is an only online bank?

"My experience is with ICICI and the worst thing about it detects your sim each time when you open the app".

I have experience with American/British banks and none of them require sim to be present in the phone. As you long you do the 2 factor authentication when installing the app, they are happy to run with any sim in the phone. This is a god send if you are traveling internationally and have to use a local sim.

In previous versions, ICICI imobile app used to behave similarly, IIRC. However I don't understand why they changed their policy.
Well nothing can be done then if it ever detects sim. I never tried that nor intend to do. May someone try this and post the result. But I'm sure axis and sbi wont detect sim.
Have you tried airplane mode or completely removing the sim physically?

Post automatically merged:

Never heard of digibank, but their website seems quite polished. I am guessing it is an only online bank?

Online banking and mobile banking app both.

This is what you get if you don't have the right sim in the phone for ICICI app.
Screenshot_20190625-220500_iMobile.jpg

I don't use my phone for banking. And never will. No UPI either.

Phone is only for receiving passwords and notifications about credit or debit

banking is only done on a laptop that does not travel out of the house

Back