BarCamp phenomenon hits India

barcamp2.png
A little history from the BarCamp wiki

BAR Camp, was created as an open, welcoming, once-a-year event for geeks to camp out for a couple days with wifi and smash their brains together.The first BAR Camp was held in Palo Alto, CA, from 2005 August 19 to 2005 August 21. An estimated 200 participants attended and gave numerous presentations on a wide variety of high-tech topics including:

* Wikis and other collaborative editing paradigms
* Social impact of technologies
* Voting methods
* Technical and physical security
* Version control, configuration, and package distribution
* Synchronous telephony
* Women in technology professions
* High-tech business models

Local BarCamp meets in India
Chennai has one , So does Delhi and Hyderabad being the pioneers in India.

Attendees must give a demo, a session, or help with one. All presentions are scheduled the day they happen. Prepare in advance, but come early to get a slot on the wall. Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of their presentations are published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present on 8th and 9th April 2006.

Even as i speak , BarCamp is gathering mass ! So if you have something web savvy to contribute or just sink into collaborate with other city BarCamp enthusiasts to see how to start one in your locality , and basically as the motive goes :
"To learn, meet people who share different interests, contribute, and push yourself and your thinking "

i'll definitely look this in kolkata after my ecams lets see .. though i am not from kol :) ]
anyways veyer nice way to make life adventurous!~! i must say

nope , although if you do it'd be gr8 . Live bloggers are gonna be tracking the events as it occurs through their podcasts , videocasts, and so on . After the event, ppt's ,etc will be made available online as well.

im sure TE chennai users will find the event most intersting , the event schedule is given there , since its only in april 8,9th plans are still in the makin. keep yopur eyes on this thread or their wiki though . its going to be a very casual styled event . hence the name unconference :) whih quotes that the expertise of the entire audience put together > the expertise of the speaker :) ,so probably just sharing stuff on diff topics ,and everything techie ! so spread the word around in your blogs , i have in mine as well . and its basically not a corporate event, more of a community meet and i think its a gr8 chance to show TE's presence in the geek space in chennai as well :)

ya sure thats a great idea i'll also put it in my blog i saw it in kirubas blog too. So this is going to be more like what we did during our chennai meet only this time there are lots more people right :)

Back