Laptops Basic Difference Between Intel 7th Gen & 8th Gen Explained

AKGamer

Recruit
As many gaming laptop companies such as MSI, Asus have launched 8th Gen Laptops in India, this is Just a basic difference in all series of 7th gen & 8th Gen Intel processor.

Current Stats :
MSI: Pre-Order Started on Flipkart & Paytm
Asus: Coming Soon
Dell: No news yet

Cores:
i7 7th Gen:

• 7500U (2 Cores, 2.7 GHz)
  • 7700HQ (4 Cores, 2.8 GHz)
  • 7820 HK (4 Cores, 2.9 GHz)
i7 8th Gen:
  • 8550U (4 cores, 1.8 GHz)
  • 8650U (4 Cores, 1.9 GHz)
  • 8750H (6 Cores, 2.2 GHz)
  • 8850H (6 Cores, 2.6 GHz)
i5 7th Gen:
  • 7300HQ (4 Cores, 2.5 GHz) No Hyper-Threading
i5 8th Gen:
  • 8250U (4 Cores, 1.6 GHz) + Hyper-Threading Support
  • 8300H (4 Cores, 2.3 GHz) + Hyper-Threading Support

I have created a detailed Comparison of all the models, Please Visit the link below for the same

https://ark.intel.com/compare/134903,134899,134906,97464,97185,124967

HK: High-Performance Graphics Unlocked
H: High-Performance Graphic (Hex Core: 8th Gen)
HQ: High-Performance Graphic (Quad core)
U: Ultra Low Power Performance

For more Details on specs Visit:

https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. Generally there's not that much difference between a single generation but the jump from 7th gen and 8th gen is significant. Intel doubled the cores basically. nodoubt competition from amd. who knew competition will benefit the consumers

Yup. Generally there's not that much difference between a single generation but the jump from 7th gen and 8th gen is significant. Intel doubled the cores basically. nodoubt competition from amd. who knew competition will benefit the consumers
True!! that's the reason never support the monopoly business model, if there is a competition consumer like us will enjoy the benefits. I hope AMD strikes back with better products to counter this!!

Why don't you post the differences (in image format if required)? What you have done is just redirect the readers to another website.

Why don't you post the differences (in image format if required)? What you have done is just redirect the readers to another website.

That's official Intel website, so people should know the source, I tried taking screenshots, but it was not clear
upload_2018-4-13_13-57-48.png

Nop. They are spectre and meltdown complaint. At least new batches and older ones fixed via bios update and window patches.

Last edited:
My question would be, do these 8th Gen processors suffer from Spectre and Meltdown defects too? Anyone knows?
Hardware still has the issues. There are software patches/uefi based fixes available which cause performance degradation compared to how it was without the fixes.

These are especially severe for I/O bound workloads - especially those using NVMe storage.

Hardware still has the issues. There are software patches/uefi based fixes available which cause performance degradation compared to how it was without the fixes.

These are especially severe for I/O bound workloads - especially those using NVMe storage.
Thats very old news. Performance degradation has been patched in March patch releases.

Back