Basic Ink tank printer

I would like to buy a basic ink tank printer. I do not need a scanner, but would be nice if I can take colour and black & white copies.

Can you suggest models from Epson if possible. I am ok with HP and Canon if they are better. Thanks.

I have the Epson L380 . Retails for around 10K - ink is not too expensive.
Does copies well, photographs are reasonably bright, normal prints are outstanding.
Scanner is slow. Printing is fast-ish, depending on what you're printing.

Negatives : Clogged a few times in summer, but I wasn't using it for weeks at a time, to keep the ink flow smooth, would suggest printing at least twice a week.

I have the Epson L380

I do not want to buy a mult fucntion printer at this point. I have printer whose scanning is working fine. In fact my old Epson L210 had its head damaged due to bad ink. I don't want to invest it and take the risk of another coslty repair. That is why I can skip scanner for now.

Last edited:
I do not want to buy a mult fucntion printer at this point. I have printer whose scanning is working fine. In fact my old Epson L210 had its head damaged due to bad ink. I don't want to invest it and take the risk of another coslty repair. That is why I can skip scanner for now.

I had an Epson TX series earlier, with cartridges instead of an ink tank. It long outlived its life, I started having trouble with the paper feed and ink drying out. It's still probably working (the scanner definitely works), but the costs of repair/maintenance was too much, and hence decided to buy a new ink tank printer.
Like you, I thought I would buy a 'normal' printer, not an AIO, but then, the hassle of putting two printers side by side, scanning on one and printing through the other, and other similar back-forth things put me off the idea. Given that the cost difference was only 2000 rupees between an ink tank AIO and a printer only, it made sense to get an AIO rather than a plain printer.

Actually I had toss off between Epson and Brother. I cannot remember now why I chose Brother over Epson. I think it was probably due to better overall feedback on Brother printers. Anyway, I suggest you check the reviews on Amazon.com (the US site) to get an idea of the real feedback as there will be more number of reviews.

Back