Budget 21-30k Basic PC config suggestion required

Hym

Recruit
Need a PC config suggestions for a photo editing and (may be) casual gaming.

1. What is your budget?
    • 35000 (Max)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Mouse/keyboard, monitor (1600x900, but will buy a FHD one soon), MSI 4670 graphics card, Creative Audigy ZS sound card, Cooler Master Elite 331 cabinet
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • All of the above
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU
    • Motherboard (with USB 3)
    • RAM - 8 GB or 16 GB
    • PSU
    • Cabinet (I have CM Elite 331, but its 7 years old now)
    • Graphics card (may be)
    • UPS
    • OS
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Photo Editing
    • Net Surfing
    • Casual gaming (once-a-week type)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NA
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  • FHD monitor
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  2. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

I have followed many similar budget threads and noticed i5 6th gen or i3 6th gen processors are most recommended, but don't know how capable is i3 as it is a dual core proc (plz correct me here if I am wrong). I am open for AMD processors too. I have used AMD machines in the past and had no issues.

Will MSI 4670 work with the new processors for some time until I buy a new gfx card?

Budget -35K

Intel Core i3 6100 -8500,
Gigabyte H110M-S2 -4500,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz -3500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Antec GX200 -2500,
Antec VP550P -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -8500,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -35,300.

Since your budget is 35k, you cannot add any discrete GPU.

LG 22MP68VQ-P is a FreeSync Monitor which coupled with any AMD Polaris GPU will give optimal performance than using iGPU.

iGPU is enough for normal computing but during any conversion or editing then you will notice the drag.

In DirectX 11 games, nvidia GPUs give good fps but in DirectX 12 games which are the future, AMD GPUs give better fps due to the hardware support using Vulkan and Async Compute.

Skylake iGPU is much powerful than the old AMD GPU.

Thank you. Which gfx card would you recommend in between 5-7K? Don't want to spend too much on gfx card.
Sapphire RX 460 4GB OC @ 12k

If you want to use with the above FreeSync Monitor.

RX 460 is slow compared to GTX1050 but it can be further unlocked.

RX 460 4GB comes with 768 shader cores but it can be unlocked 1024 shader cores.

With the unlocked shader cores, Sapphire RX 460 4GB or Asus Strix RX 460 4GB easily beats GTX1050.

AMD Polaris GPUs are giving better fps in DirectX 12 games compared to nvidia.
AMD Polaris GPUs support Async Compute and Vulkan API on hardware level where as nvidia GPUs support only Vulkan using its software.

I posted a guide as to how to unlock the extra shaders in this forum.

Check it once.

PS: As of now, only Sapphire & Asus 4GB AMD GPUs have been unlocked.

HIS, Gigabyte, XFX and other such vendor GPUs are being in the works by a Modder.

In order to work for the unlocked shader cores in the latest ReLive Drivers, you need to follow the guide.

But this ReLive Drivers next update will support the unlocked shader core GPUs.

So wait until that update or its your wish to MOD...

Offtopic: There is a joke doing rounds, nvidia said 4GB in GTX970 but gave only 3.5GB where as AMD said 4GB in reference RX480s but gave 8GB.

This is unlocked only.

Sapphire RX 460 4GB OC @ 12k

If you want to use with the above FreeSync Monitor.

RX 460 is slow compared to GTX1050 but it can be further unlocked.

RX 460 4GB comes with 768 shader cores but it can be unlocked 1024 shader cores.

With the unlocked shader cores, Sapphire RX 460 4GB or Asus Strix RX 460 4GB easily beats GTX1050.

AMD Polaris GPUs are giving better fps in DirectX 12 games compared to nvidia.
AMD Polaris GPUs support Async Compute and Vulkan API on hardware level where as nvidia GPUs support only Vulkan using its software.

I posted a guide as to how to unlock the extra shaders in this forum.

Check it once.

PS: As of now, only Sapphire & Asus 4GB AMD GPUs have been unlocked.

HIS, Gigabyte, XFX and other such vendor GPUs are being in the works by a Modder.

In order to work for the unlocked shader cores in the latest ReLive Drivers, you need to follow the guide.

But this ReLive Drivers next update will support the unlocked shader core GPUs.

So wait until that update or its your wish to MOD...

Offtopic: There is a joke doing rounds, nvidia said 4GB in GTX970 but gave only 3.5GB where as AMD said 4GB in reference RX480s but gave 8GB.

This is unlocked only.
Out of curiosity, will the unlocked RX460 4GB suffice 1080p requirements at high or ultra settings for most games if not all ?

Out of curiosity, will the unlocked RX460 4GB suffice 1080p requirements at high or ultra settings for most games if not all ?
in some games,yes including overwatch,i would get a rx460 with a freesync monitor for overwatch if it wasnt for my evga motherboard

Back